Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
So, what is the best way currently to gently caress up Cerebral Imaging's day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Information Sifting.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

EStrike

nyxnyxnyx
Jun 24, 2013
CBI Raid
Employee Strike + Same Old Thing

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Discord's currently making GBS threads the bed, so I'll ask here. Can I get some advice on how to make my janky Alice deck work better?

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

I have a question about sacrificial clone:

it doesn't have 'cannot be prevented text', but is there an order to when things get trashed? If you have fall guys in play, can you prevent other resources from getting trashed? How does the timing work?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

All the trashes are simultaneous, but you can still use prevention effects so Fall Guys as well as Dummy Box should work.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CirclMastr posted:

All the trashes are simultaneous, but you can still use prevention effects so Fall Guys as well as Dummy Box should work.

Dummy Box is DOA thanks to the "by the corp" clause on it.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Elizabeth Mills posted:

Dummy Box is DOA thanks to the "by the corp" clause on it.

That's what I get for not reading Dummy Box correctly.

Actually I don't because Sacrificial Clone isn't worth playing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CirclMastr posted:

That's what I get for not reading Dummy Box correctly.

Actually I don't because Sacrificial Clone isn't worth playing.
Unless you're Apex, because you're already at maximum jank.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Apex is like catnip to me because I am the ultimate Johnny and I will make it work somehow because the flavor is so good

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Elizabeth Mills posted:

Apex is like catnip to me because I am the ultimate Johnny and I will make it work somehow because the flavor is so good
There's an almost-decent T2 Apex, uses the Chopbot/Wasteland/Heap Breakers econ engine.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

CirclMastr posted:

Nice. LLDS energy regulator can save your console, at any rate.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Realising that the reason I loathe Gang Sign (especially Leela flavoured) decks is because not only are they poo poo from a design perspective, also they're random enough that occasionally they hand out a 'free win', validating their very existence.
You're basically saying 'Let's just roll some dice before the game; If 3 of them turn up 1's or 6's don't bother playing, just award the win to the respective player'.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Ready to play irl this Sunday at a gnk, but no idea what runner to play (Corp is ctm bullshit), someone sell me on something that isn't shaper bullshit

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Mill Fisk

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Elizabeth Mills posted:

Ready to play irl this Sunday at a gnk, but no idea what runner to play (Corp is ctm bullshit), someone sell me on something that isn't shaper bullshit
Or, if you want to actually win a game or two, Mill Alice. Alice running Maw and Hacktivist Meeting can get up to some hilarious shenanigans.

Edit: Pro Tip: Run Archives Interface so you don't get your face blown off by Breached Dome.

You could throw a curveball, play Sunny or Apex. This looks like a pretty fun Apex deck, and this Sunny deck made it to top 40 in worlds.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 1, 2017

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Elizabeth Mills posted:

Valencia AuMAWkua with Rebirth into either Alice, Kim, or Omar depending on matchup. Don't forget Mining Accident, Investigative Journalism, and Itinerant Protesters for the jank.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
What's the corp equivalent of running Apex? That's what I want to play.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Finster Dexter posted:

What's the corp equivalent of running Apex? That's what I want to play.

So, the worst corp? Either HB: Custom Biotics (if you mean worst ID) or Harishchandra Entertainment (for worst ID of the worst faction)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CirclMastr posted:

So, the worst corp? Either HB: Custom Biotics (if you mean worst ID) or Harishchandra Entertainment (for worst ID of the worst faction)
I don't think it counts as Apex unless it's really cool conceptually and just really hard to pull off. To which I'd say Nisei Division psi-games deck. Hell, The Future Perfect and Marcus Batty are actually good cards.

Edit: And against poor decks, you might actually hit the prophesied point where they can't afford to keep up with your constant psi-games.

Edit2: Then to be even more of a shithead, you can include things like Miraju and Mind Game and Kitsune and just get really cute about forcing them to take a billion damage to the face.

Edit3: Here's some jank I just threw together in 10 minutes. Somebody actually good at this game could probably make it suck less, but it does follow the noble Apex tradition of being better in basically any other identity.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 2, 2017

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

PMush Perfect posted:

I don't think it counts as Apex unless it's really cool conceptually and just really hard to pull off. To which I'd say Nisei Division psi-games deck. Hell, The Future Perfect and Marcus Batty are actually good cards.

Edit: And against poor decks, you might actually hit the prophesied point where they can't afford to keep up with your constant psi-games.

Edit2: Then to be even more of a shithead, you can include things like Miraju and Mind Game and Kitsune and just get really cute about forcing them to take a billion damage to the face.

Edit3: Here's some jank I just threw together in 10 minutes. Somebody actually good at this game could probably make it suck less, but it does follow the noble Apex tradition of being better in basically any other identity.

Yeeeahhhh that's what I'm looking for basically. I just want a couple crazy decks that aren't necessarily competitive but have a cool motif.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
My vote would be Cybernetics Division. It's cool flavour and sounds good on paper but cycle after cycle it just somehow fails to come together

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
So Netrunner peeps.

I never get to play this, and I am thinking selling my collection. However, I stopped right before the India cycle, so like half of my cards are worthless now, right?

What do you think a decent price for 2x Cores, and 80% of the first 4 cycles are? Basically "as much as someone wants to play?"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Some of the cards in the cores and the first two cycles are getting reprinted in the Revised Core, so they'll still be legal.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

They really should restrict Kakugo.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Nah. People just need to run Knifed and/or be more careful with whipping through their deck (giving corps more time in the midgame)

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

We stockholm syndromed and git gud through siphon too, and look how much more fun we have now that it's gone.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I could see it being restricted, but I don't want it banned.

Dull Fork
Mar 22, 2009

Lichtenstein posted:

We stockholm syndromed and git gud through siphon too, and look how much more fun we have now that it's gone.

Yes, and then there were 0 competitive criminal lists. They have horrible economic options at the moment. Hopefully Kitara cycle will bring a new Account Siphon, and we'll get to see blue cards on tables again.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Lichtenstein posted:

I have faith that siphon will get reprinted. Perhaps in a form where it costs a credit to play, and you're forced to clear the tags immediately.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Static Equilibrium posted:

I have faith that siphon will get reprinted.

It just needs mining accident errata to exile itself and it's fine.

Siphon is cool and good.

Siphon spam is hot garbage I never need to face again.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Static Equilibrium posted:

I have faith that siphon will get reprinted. Perhaps in a form where it costs a credit to play, and you're forced to clear the tags immediately.

"You can only play this card if you don't have any tags."

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The site appears to be down now, but IIRC the original Account Siphon from the CCG cost 1 credit to play, was mandatory on a successful run (not "If successful, you may..."), gave the runner 10 credits and 1 tag, and only took 1 credit from the corp. Making it very clearly an econ card and not a credit denial card to be spammed and lock down the corp.

It would be very easy to balance that version of Account Siphon to the current card pool. e.g. make it cost 2 credits and now it's 2-for-10 like Day Job but doesn't take your whole turn. Or, make it Priority and now it's a 1-for-10 like Peace in Our Time that can't be SOT'd. Or just have it remove itself from the game like Mining Accident.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
I'm totally new to Netrunner and just saw that CSI has the core set on sale. Is it worth it to just get one of those, or are there some expansions that make the game *much* better I need to look for?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Agent Rush posted:

I'm totally new to Netrunner and just saw that CSI has the core set on sale. Is it worth it to just get one of those, or are there some expansions that make the game *much* better I need to look for?

Don't buy the core set because half the cards are rotating and will not be usable in literally a matter of hours when core set 2.0 drops tomorrow-ish

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Revised Core will be a good way to get into it. Just look up some good 1 Core decks once you know how to play because the default are very... unfocused.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Comedy option, pick up a starter box of netrunner classic for half the price, and be the dead-CCG playing hipster.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Buy my used collection since I never get to play it anymore :[

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

jeeves posted:

Buy my used collection since I never get to play it anymore :[