Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

How's the refund subreddit traffic?

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

I'm not sure exactly what Ortwin does since I don't follow the lore but the way he keeps getting referenced in Reddit threads reminds me of Lowtax pulling out Leonard J. Crabs

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I feel like bluegoblin really believes that if CIG was at fault, they'd actually release a press statement saying so. I'm not sure how to classify that level of naivete.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

poo poo for brains

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Sarsapariller posted:

I feel like bluegoblin really believes that if CIG was at fault, they'd actually release a press statement saying so. I'm not sure how to classify that level of naivete.

It's a really weird stance to take. "I'm going to believe everything I'm told because I have no choice but to do so".

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

El Grillo posted:

Have any forum internet lawyers has a good look at the pleadings yet? What's the verdict? Also are there pre-action protocols in the USA/the relevant states requiring parties to pursue ADR solutions before issuing proceedings?

Why (out of interest?)

I’m not a lawyer but I watched Law and Order and the one with James Spader, and I think they’re pretty much closing the space door for the last times here. Writing is on the wall.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Tarkaroshe - Expert Legal Analyst posted:

Did you notice how they're demanding $75k up front? That to me says they dont even have the cash to pay their lawyers.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

why the gently caress did they go with cryengine anyway? its infamously bad for performance

unreal engine would've been a better bet

edit: i posted this in the other star citizen thread because im dumb

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

I'm glad to see that Tarkaroshe is still incredibly stupid.

Hi Tarka! :wave: Please feed the hamster that turns the wheel in between your ears. Preferably something like olanzapine.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

:lol:

It’s too bad there wasn’t Face Over IP when this happened because it’d be like a wave of “Nooooo”’s and a cacophony of tears and anguish.

Knowing that this may be the final state of their poo poo tier game before it gets shut down is great. The fact it’s tied to CIG servers is even better because they may not even be able to log into it in another unknown period of time.

I didn’t think I’d get the hilariously great Disney ending. Thank you CryTek! :cheers:

Derek I’ll give this one to you. Cheers, friend! *Leonardo DiCaprio glass salute.jpeg*

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

why the gently caress did they go with cryengine anyway? its infamously bad for performance

It wouldn't matter if John Carmack hand-crafted an engine for them for free and granted them all rights. Chris and Co are still incapable of producing a game.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

The Titanic posted:

a cacophony of tears and anguish.

You say cacophony, but it's music to my ears

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I answered it in the other thread because I'm even dumber.

(Basically a Robberts and Robberts scenario)

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/941013605436329984
https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/941051444060442626
https://twitter.com/iq_derek/status/941061547140485120

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

If I'm not mistaken the Unreal engine wasn't really available yet when they decided it was time to kick off the whole shibang while the kickstarter market was hot.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Unicorn Derek is my new favourite thing

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Are we still posting music for the thread's current theme song?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

EmesiS posted:

poo poo for brains

Yeah, that.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Meridian posted:

Are will still posting music for the thread's current theme song?

Is it Nearer, my God, to Thee?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

every time i try to actually read the words he posts I feel like I'm having a stroke

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Someone better loving buy me that avatar by the time I check back here in the morning; or no more E.L.E. scoops.

And make sure you retain all the text I have in my current avatar section or so help me God I will Wahlord your rear end.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Judge: Mr Roberts, do you have anything to add to your defense?
Chris: I don't know if you have had a chance to look at my demo reel or my resume? But I am an internationally award winning movie director.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

I mean Please, don't Seize, my IP.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Meridian posted:

Are we still posting music for the thread's current theme song?

always

"I fought the law and the law won"

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Kosumo posted:

Well Chris Roberts has not released a game in the last 20 years so that is a good call.

Also - Mae Demming.

This is good enough for me! :)

But is it good enough for Skadden & Co? Somehow I have this sinking feeling they are out to kill.

The worst part of this is that I feel like CIG is so terrible this lawsuit is going to destroy them super fast, and there will be precious little time to enjoy it being dismantled piece by piece.

I want CR to watch them sledgehammer down his space door to wheel equipment out of there easier. I want to see the tears as he climbs into a Lyft or taxi because the Porsche’s have been taken back.

Make it happen, Derek!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

D_Smart posted:

No, it means that if Crytek wins - as I expect they would - on ANY of their claims, they will own EVERYTHING related to this ENTIRE project as part of their collection efforts.

A thought occurred to me: what happens to Coutts if Crytek wins, since CIG put up their IP as collateral for the loan? It seems that would start another legal battle, either Crytek vs. Coutts for the fire sale of CIG or Coutts vs. CIG for the loss of the IP.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Xaerael posted:

Judge: Mr Roberts, do you have anything to add to your defense?
Chris: I don't know if you have had a chance to look at my demo reel or my resume? But I am an internationally award winning movie director.

:eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

I don't think CIG could even get Leonard J. Crabs to defend them.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
White man came across the sea
He brought us wing commander and misery
He gave us ships he fulfilled our greed
He took our game for his own need

We funded him hard we funded him well
Out against the goons we gave them hell
But many came too much for We
Oh will our dream ever be set free?

Flying over [only] dust clouds and barren wastes
Rovering hard on the plains
Chasing the goons back to their holes
Fighting them at their own game
Post for Freelancer the Squadron in the back
Women and nerds and cowards attack

Refund back your bills, Refund for your lives

Soldier blue in the barren wastes
No Hunting or killing in their game
Raping the Reddit and boring the women
The only good Posters are tame
Selling them .jpegs and taking their gold
Enslaving their dreams and baiting the old

[repeat to end]

Omniblivion fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Dec 14, 2017

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
the sad hilarious part is that I only had to edit like 10 words

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Also speaking of Derek, has anybody stopped to consider what he’s going to do after this???

I hope this isn’t one of those things where he lays down, kisses his family, and says his work here is finished before heaven itself opens up and barfs a giant blog on his bed which finishes him off.

Hurry Derek, find a new hobby before this one shuts down! :ohdear:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

The Titanic posted:

Also speaking of Derek, has anybody stopped to consider what he’s going to do after this???

I hope this isn’t one of those things where he lays down, kisses his family, and says his work here is finished before heaven itself opens up and barfs a giant blog on his bed which finishes him off.

Hurry Derek, find a new hobby before this one shuts down! :ohdear:

LoD kickstarter

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

FYI, today was just the tip of the iceberg.

What comes next, and which I've also been sitting on for months, is bigger than this CryTek lawsuit, and even more hilarious.

Derek I can’t take this!!! I’m going to pee my pants if there is more and it’s even worse/better!!!

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Head and shoulders pattern is a clear sell signal SELL SELL SELL

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

https://soundcloud.com/alvin-thechipmunkson16sp/mr-tambourine-man

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

D_Smart posted:

No, it means that if Crytek wins - as I expect they would - on ANY of their claims, they will own EVERYTHING related to this ENTIRE project as part of their collection efforts.

Wow, if I was Crytek and I won and that's what I got I would appeal.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

peter gabriel posted:

if (Chris = Coding) {
Game = "hosed";
}

Heh. :)

This is funny on multiple levels. :3:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Brand new job vacancy at CIG in sunny LA in case anyone is interested

Posted today Dec 13

VIP Client Manager
Are you a VIP Client Manager interested in a dynamic, fun, and energetic work environment? If so, we would like you to join us in our Los Angeles headquarters studio!

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/jobs/633-VIP-Client-Manager

• Manage subscription and Concierge programs
• Assist in managing strategic partnerships to drive subscription growth through promotions, bundles, and value-added marketing concepts
• Drive cross-functional project prioritization based on business-case modeling, impact forecasting, and engineering/marketing resource allocation
• Define, communicate, and maintain the highest standards of customer service
• Act as first point of escalation for all client service issues, concerns and suggestions
• Actively participate in staff meetings to represent the voice of our clients; take on new client-service initiatives as required
• Provide training & knowledge; communicate regularly with Concierge team to ensure that the staff are well-informed & have the necessary tools to complete their job
• Supervise to ensure that the Concierge Team consistently provides a luxury lifestyle experience for all clients
• Attend regular staff meetings to provide key insights about the VIP Concierge experience, including feedback, concerns, and customer needs; delegate client service responsibilities as required
• Coordinate and facilitate weekly staff meetings with Concierge team to ensure timely updates and make sure that staff is “in the know” on all issues
• Oversee correspondence with clients who have completed satisfaction surveys that may require follow-up or resolution
• Resolve client complaints and anticipate problems by reviewing and monitoring operational issues, business flow, and associate performance
• Review correspondence from clients and incident logs; direct staff according to information obtained
• Create specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely action plans to remedy service deficiencies and continually enhance excellence within Concierge operations
• International travel may be required as part of the role

Requirements:

• Minimum 4+ years’ experience in a service-based industry, preferably front facing
• Experience prioritizing opportunities based on business impact and resource allocation
• Ability to engage in both high level strategic planning and operational/tactical execution
• Excellent time management, attention to detail, and communication skills
• Gaming experience a plus, but not required
• Highly developed communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Personable, friendly, cooperative, and collaborative mindset
• Team oriented, flexible mentality; mental dexterity
• Passion for providing a superior customer service experience
• Previous experience in a fast-paced environment
• Professional and proactive demeanor with a high level of integrity
• Continuous quality improvement orientation
• Experience documenting processes, training employees, and motivating teams
• Attention to detail and ability to plan ahead
• Schedules may include holidays, weekends, and alternate shifts, on occasion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

the only thing that sucks about this is when the game dies shitizens will be able to claim it WOULD have been great if crytek hadnt sundered croberts from his money
Shitizens think 3.0 is a breath-taking masterpiece

like, outside of Chris Roberts blowing his brain out on stage while screaming his life for the stimperor, which ending scenario do you think would sway these people they weren't getting the dream? What was ever going to shake those dreams that wouldn't be blamed on goons, fud, refundists, derek smart, etc

The cargo cult is always going to end with them starving to death on the lawn blaming the warlord. It's never going to be admitting they were wrong, seeing the sunk cost fallacy and learning anything