Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Scaramouche posted:

What always bugged me was how the green lanterns get around. Just flying through space at presumably near light speeds powered by a little thing on your fingat.

Sometimes they have wormhole gateways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Scaramouche posted:

What always bugged me was how the green lanterns get around. Just flying through space at presumably near light speeds powered by a little thing on your fingat.

"Hmm.. if I can propel myself at such fantastic speed then presumably I could propel an object at the same speed and therefore hit an enemy with kinetic energy equivalent to...

Ah, gently caress it. I'll just hit `em with a big glowing baseball bat like I always do."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Scaramouche posted:

Green Lantern with realistic travel times would be hilarious. "We're needed on Oa!" *several months later* "We're almost out of the solar system! Only a few more years!"

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
First issue of Quasar he didn’t know how to use quantum jumps so he took life support equipment and put himself to sleep for 3 years while his bands flew on auto pilot to Uranus.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

howe_sam posted:

Who published James Gunn's phone number in an attempt to get Nova into the MCU?

I too desperately want Frankie Raye in the MCU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Scaramouche posted:

Why does that bug you?

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

BiggerBoat posted:

Why does that bug you?

"How can we hear lasers in this scene when there's no sound in space?"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Shawn posted:

First issue of Quasar he didn’t know how to use quantum jumps so he took life support equipment and put himself to sleep for 3 years while his bands flew on auto pilot to Uranus.

Is this typical of Quasar because I feel like this is no way near the first time I've heard of him being kind of... hapless, for lack of a better word.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

BiggerBoat posted:

Why does that bug you?

“Why wouldn’t the ring just tear his finger off??

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
Multiple outlets, including CNBC and The Guardian, are reporting that the Disney/Fox deal is likely to be announced tomorrow morning.

It'll take a while to finalize a deal of this size, so don't expect to hear anything about MCU X-Men/F4 plans until late next year at the absolute earliest, and more likely not until 2019.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Barry Convex posted:

Multiple outlets, including CNBC and The Guardian, are reporting that the Disney/Fox deal is likely to be announced tomorrow morning.

It'll take a while to finalize a deal of this size, so don't expect to hear anything about MCU X-Men/F4 plans until late next year at the absolute earliest, and more likely not until 2019.

I figure for the next several months Kevin Feige is going to be in front of a board trying to figure out how to link everything together like Charlie in Always Sunny.

And maybe it'll all link back to Captain Marvel:

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

Lobok posted:

Is this typical of Quasar because I feel like this is no way near the first time I've heard of him being kind of... hapless, for lack of a better word.

.... Yeah, his whole series is like that with him getting his hands chopped off, accidentally dying 2-3 times. The worst is he accidentally nullifies himself with the Ultimate Nullifier in his Infinity War tie-in.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lobok posted:

Shawn posted:

.... Yeah, his whole series is like that with him getting his hands chopped off, accidentally dying 2-3 times. The worst is he accidentally nullifies himself with the Ultimate Nullifier in his Infinity War tie-in.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I heard a rumor that they're rewriting Avengers 4 to lead into the X-men and fantastic four, and they're even shooting some inserts showing the X Mansion for Infinity War.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I heard a rumour that Hugh Jackman shows up at the end of Infinity War after Thanos defeats all the Avengers, says "Ya missed me, Bub" and then pops his claws and then the credits roll.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

For real though, that would own.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The disney/fox deal was just announced ten minutes ago. It may take a year to get through regulatory stuff though

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Official press release.

Fantastic Four are directly mentioned twice. Seems like whatever special production issues with that franchise are taken care of.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I'd say that we will see the immediate effects in the comics before the cinema universe. Like Reed Richards coming back.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Question IRL posted:

I'd say that we will see the immediate effects in the comics before the cinema universe. Like Reed Richards coming back.

The FF (well, Franklin and Valeria) were already on their way back.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
While a horrible day if you hate monopolies, its not like Disney being a monopoly is the worst thing in the world, I mean what can they really do that would ruin your life "Oh know they own everything and use it to make theme parks and easily disposable films!!! The horror"

Anyway MF Doom should play Doom or have at least have a cameo in the first probably good Fantastic Four movie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

Official press release.

Fantastic Four are directly mentioned twice. Seems like whatever special production issues with that franchise are taken care of.

There have been rumors for a year that a large part of Constantin’s management wanted to get out of film. Maybe they just took the opportunity to now.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

BrianWilly posted:

Official press release.

If you had told me ‘hey, in 2017 Disney buys Fox and one of the major properties they mention as part of the acquisition is Deadpool’ I would have thought you were completely insane.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I hated it at first, but I’m now ok to the idea of Vincent Cassel playing Doom.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I bet James Gunn is getting Galactus ready for GOTG 3 as we speak.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Codependent Poster posted:

I imagine he’s started a small fire from the friction of gleefully rubbing his hands together.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Codependent Poster posted:

Are we as an audience ready for a non-cloud giant alien on the movie screen?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Wait. Disney is getting The Simpsons? I thought stuff on the actual Fox network was outside the purview of this purchase.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TFRazorsaw posted:

Wait. Disney is getting The Simpsons? I thought stuff on the actual Fox network was outside the purview of this purchase.

They aren't getting the network but they're getting the production studios

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Disney owns the Simpsons.

That's.

That's something I never thought I'd hear.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I have no earthly idea what the Murdoch's have in mind for the Fox network now that they've sold off their tv production assets.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

howe_sam posted:

I have no earthly idea what the Murdoch's have in mind for the Fox network now that they've sold off their tv production assets.

All news and sports, probably.

No doubt Bitter Old Rupe is keen to get one of his sons on the board at Disney so they can take over when Iger decides to call it quits.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Could Disney maybe end the Simpsons please

Thanks

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Fangz posted:

Could Disney maybe end the Simpsons please

Thanks

No no, every episode of the simpsons after season 8 is going to become The Simpsons: Legends.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

At least with Disney owning these properties again, they won't have a reason to squeeze the X-Men and F4 out of other merchandising lines such as video games and collectible markets.

Basically the only moral monopolistic mega-corporate merger is my monopolistic mega-corporate merger :colbert:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Sion posted:

No no, every episode of the simpsons after season 8 is going to become The Simpsons: Legends.

Simpsons: The Homer Chronicles.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

Disney owns the Simpsons.

That's.

That's something I never thought I'd hear.

It's certainly something they thought they'd hear.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The Inhumans died on the way back to their home moon, etc.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I like marvel/disney getting ff and x-men back. The rest not so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This, basically

https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/941325353666129920

• Locked thread