Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Benny Harvey posted:

He was getting dry humped if that makes it better.

It definitely wasn't "dry" considering they use the phrase "reeking of panda love" to describe Homer afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Sotar posted:

I think the last Simpsons episode I watched and truly enjoyed was Homer to the Max whixh was in S12, otherwise there isn't any one episode that drove me pff, just the fact that there were less funny episodes over time until around S14 when I just gave up the ghost.

That’s a John Swartzwelder episode so it has a massive leg up on whoever else was writing episodes at the time.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And another thing, Lisa hardly ever plays with her peach tree anymore

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Data Graham posted:

And another thing, Lisa hardly ever plays with her peach tree anymore

Yes, she does. Sure, she does.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I feel that this video explains it best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqFNbCcyFkk

In short, The Simpsons thrived due to it being a rebellious show. It came at the tail end of the family sitcom mania during the 1980s. But instead of being just another family sitcom that was merely animated, it instead lampooned on the beliefs and values of American society and the family structure. Remember, the show was very controversial at its time. The problem was that as time went on, The Simpsons no longer stood out, and even became tame. The series no longer fit in a world where cable television had become the norm. Thus the show could either change course of what it is or die. The Simpsons didn't really make a firm step into becoming something different, however at the same time stepped away from what it once was. That's why the show feels so hollow.

For example of what happens when a show takes a more dignified route of change, look at South Park. It began as a show about dirty humor and light social commentary, and has over the years has more or less become a show focusing on political/social satire. May not be ideal to some, but at least that show is still relevant and enjoyed by many.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

we've had about 12 different "this video really explains it" posts in this thread. I think we get it now

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
At least Matt and Trey at some point came out and admitted they no longer "get" what young people are into these days.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh man I hope someone posts that Fall of the Simpsons video again.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

we've had about 12 different "this video really explains it" posts in this thread. I think we get it now

Sorry, about that. That being said, I hope you understand why I didn't see the eleven other times due to this thread having 85 pages.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

this is the lowest point of the thread

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

this is the lowest point of the thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06OzHwkV3bA

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
Worst. Thread. Ever.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

punk rebel ecks posted:

Sorry, about that. That being said, I hope you understand why I didn't see the eleven other times due to this thread having 85 pages.

Can you see why someone is sick of seeing the same thing because everyone that can't be assed reading the thread assumes the thing they found hasnt been posted before?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

504 posted:

Can you see why someone is sick of seeing the same thing because everyone that can't be assed reading the thread assumes the thing they found hasnt been posted before?

Of course. My post wasn't meant to be rude, just trying to put things in perspective so others could understand.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The lowest point of the simpsons surely hasn't happened yet

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The worst part of sampsins is when Brat dead and he mom sad.
Even litle Magpie cry.
very low for pouplar children cartoon show

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Big Beef City posted:

Even litle Magpie cry.

creepypasta authors have moved on from lost episodes of the Simpsons where everybody dies to lost episodes of Spongebob where everybody dies, that’s the real sentinel species here

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i just read PostNouveau's episode synopses from this season. does it completely consist of callback episodes?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

Even litle Magpie cry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NT2ZiPIukw

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I wonder what someone who only grew up or started watching the simpsons from like season 12 onward thinks of the early seasons

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

fridge corn posted:

I wonder what someone who only grew up or started watching the simpsons from like season 12 onward thinks of the early seasons

I know someone like that and they prefer the older ones. They said the older ones feel “smarter”.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

punk rebel ecks posted:

Of course. My post wasn't meant to be rude, just trying to put things in perspective so others could understand.

The trouble is the exact thing happens In two page threads.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

504 posted:

The trouble is the exact thing happens In two page threads.

I've done this before in two page threads?

This isn't a rhetorical question, I'm genuinely curious if you are referring to me or posters who tend to post these videos in general.

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Lol I can't tell if this is a weak attempt to troll the thread, but dude I'd recommend just not responding with polite defenses. Goons are gonna be goons with that sort of thing.

Anyway, because this thread has forced The Simpsons clips into my YouTube recommendations (and I'm too lazy to go through months of view history to select them and remove them individually) this video remix of Moe's "Funk Dancing for Self-Defense" class popped up in my recommendations under "Electronic Music" and I cannot get enough of it:

"Dissin' Your Flygirl 3.0 (Extended Moe Szyslak Shooting Stars Remaster)"

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Backweb posted:

Lol I can't tell if this is a weak attempt to troll the thread, but dude I'd recommend just not responding with polite defenses. Goons are gonna be goons with that sort of thing.

Anyway, because this thread has forced The Simpsons clips into my YouTube recommendations (and I'm too lazy to go through months of view history to select them and remove them individually) this video remix of Moe's "Funk Dancing for Self-Defense" class popped up in my recommendations under "Electronic Music" and I cannot get enough of it:

"Dissin' Your Flygirl 3.0 (Extended Moe Szyslak Shooting Stars Remaster)"

This is the best: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUWQFnC2zqU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Backweb posted:

Anyway, because this thread has forced The Simpsons clips into my YouTube recommendations (and I'm too lazy to go through months of view history to select them and remove them individually)

And this video is on THIS PAGE. Posted yesterday.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Simpsons bad.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
The Simpsons has actually temporarily returned to it's former glory but only through the seemingly unending amount of "Steamed Ham" memes on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa1g_oh9Grc

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Scudworth posted:

And this video is on THIS PAGE. Posted yesterday.
Well excuse me. I don't read threads. I don't click links. I just post content. I don't see the need to get mad. Jeez.

To make up for it, here's a relevant video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqFNbCcyFkk

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Simpsons poo poo posting is the only funny new Simpsons related thing in almost 20 years. Can’t wait for the show to clumsily reference it in season 31.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

if they hired simpsons shitposting regulars as writers, it'd make for the best episodes the show has done in years. ditto people who make spongebob memes

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Turn it around.

How could they (haha) actually save the simpsons in short order?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Homer loses his job at the Power Plant forever. Ned renews his pharmacist license and opens a drug store and hires Marge to work in it as a cashier/technician/stocker/something.

Homer becomes a stay at home dad who sits at the computer all day watching videos. Eventually, Marge challenges him to DO SOMETHING if he's not going to cook or clean or anything, so he decides to create a Youtube channel where he gets a paltry 500 views a video but he's super excited by that number because to him that's like the whole world is watching him. While Marge works 40 hours a week, Homer spends more and more of his time putting on more and more highly produced videos that go completely unnoticed by the world but make him happy because he always gets those 500 views like clockwork.

Turns out all those views are coming from his old SNPP coworkers who miss having him around all day and watch them to keep up on what he's doing.

Mr. Burns is made aware of this former employee who has 500 people watching this man on a daily basis?! My God, think about Smithers! 500 People tune in every day to watch this man speak! Why, the video reels we make only get 5 views! He's a superstar! We've got to hire him back to do these videos for us!

"But sir, we're in negotiations with George Clooney and Robert Downey Jr. to make videos for us."
"Pft! Maybe you didn't see the TRIPLE DIGIT views this man is getting on HIS kinostrips on a daily basis! Get me Homer Simpson!"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

frytechnician posted:

The Simpsons has actually temporarily returned to it's former glory but only through the seemingly unending amount of "Steamed Ham" memes on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa1g_oh9Grc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmwX50gh8sg

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

The lowest point of the Simpsons was when they became a Disney property imo.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

GBS: Home of xenForo 2.0 › What was the point of the Simpsons

wit
Jul 26, 2011

504 posted:

Turn it around.

How could they (haha) actually save the simpsons in short order?
2 teams of comedy writers. Older simpsons was funny because they were piling on like 20 jokes into the one scene. People like to point at this clip as an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdz4bc2LGMM
Now they do one layer of jokes with an overarching joke. If they had one room of guys making the jokes like they currently do and then another to punch it up it would be roughly on par, although they've made nearly every joke known to man.

And make homer a flawed human being again instead of some super cool dude who doesn't give a gently caress.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

wit posted:

2 teams of comedy writers. Older simpsons was funny because they were piling on like 20 jokes into the one scene. People like to point at this clip as an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdz4bc2LGMM
Now they do one layer of jokes with an overarching joke. If they had one room of guys making the jokes like they currently do and then another to punch it up it would be roughly on par, although they've made nearly every joke known to man.

And make homer a flawed human being again instead of some super cool dude who doesn't give a gently caress.

Every time I’m alone on a city block in the middle of the night, I think of this scene.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
I think the lowest point of the Simpsons will probably be sometime around 2029, when the SCU enters Phase 3 and we get Surly Duff and Cocoa Beanie origin movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Warbird posted:

The lowest point of the Simpsons was when they became a Disney property imo.

Can’t wait for the Simpsons to do their own set of Star Wars parodies that are worse than Family Guy.