Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

can y'all just decide on a uniform gently caress even the Coast Guard has long since figured it out

Oh the simplicity of the coast guard. Legit jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

can y'all just decide on a uniform gently caress even the Coast Guard has long since figured it out

Apparently you aren't aware that Master Chiefs exist.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Stultus Maximus posted:

The key is being in a command where nobody with authority cares.

Since we have holidays coming up, our command came up with some light BS week long field day so we get to muster in sweatpants everyday.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Coveralls on board ship, USCG dickies style on shore. Unit ball caps with both.

One single dress uniform.

Done. You’re welcome.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ManMythLegend posted:

no but since we're talking about boot camp I remember chiefs always wearing the Johnny Cashs' to gently caress with us for the last months that they could because we only knew black pants = petty officer tan = chief

"good morning pett.....AY YOU LITTLE gently caress HOW ABOUT WE TRY THAT AGAIN"

:shrug:

LingcodKilla posted:

Oh the simplicity of the coast guard. Legit jealous.

Honestly ribbons and all that junk should be relegated to dress uniform and then there should be a standard working uniform (coveralls anyone?) Like, a real working uniform. That or like the CG two piece coverall type utility whatever the gently caress. You can give all the niche units ther snowflake uniforms, who cares, just don't add dumb arbitrary wear rules to them ( lol fat chance). That or just make them pay for it out of their uniform allowance. I mean really there's no reason not to allow everyone to wear the same uniform if they so choose. I'm not saying let people do stolen valor with seal tridents and poo poo but you get my point.

Also someone needs to finally decide if coveralls are acceptable to wear everywhere or if we should just issue everyone flight suits instead. Because speaking of arbitrary....

Ron Jeremy posted:

Coveralls on board ship, USCG dickies style on shore. Unit ball caps with both.

One single dress uniform.

Done. You’re welcome.

lol if only. Kinda sad how long it took them to even allow ballcaps in the first place with NWUs. Hmmmm esprit de corps and unit/ship pride...nah cannot have none of that

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Dec 14, 2017

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Anchors away shipmate.

:chiefsay: It's aweight, shipmate, anchors aweight

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
One of my old ships went Anchor Away once, years after I'd left.

Brake failed on the open sea, lashing didn't hold (hadn't been put on in the first place), OOW noticed some sparks and by the time the watchman got up forward, there just wasn't a port anchor.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Anchor you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7pRfix_sNg&t=120s

feel free to jump to the third minute for action

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Dec 14, 2017

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

ManMythLegend posted:

I would join up if I got a master chief suit of armour

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nick Soapdish posted:

:chiefsay: It's aweight, shipmate, anchors aweight

The anchors in this allegory are crabs. You don’t want those back.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

M_Gargantua posted:

Anchor you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7pRfix_sNg&t=120s

feel free to jump to the third minute for action

I'm always amused by these. It's great when our engine rooms have cctv and I can watch the bow drop anchor from the control console.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

I would join up if I got a master chief suit of armour

Apparently you only get a demented version of Cortana that sends out emails about who just had a baby, community service opportunities, and "NEWS U CAN USE" that now gets automatically forwarded to my trash folder.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
All early out programs just got cancelled. Hope you like fighting in Korean war 1.5

Geizkragen
Dec 29, 2006

Get that booze monkey off my back!

Laranzu posted:

All early out programs just got cancelled. Hope you like fighting in Korean war 1.5

No it's because we're in a growing Navy. Nothing to do with terrible retention. Nothing at all.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Geizkragen posted:

No it's because we're in a growing Navy. Nothing to do with terrible retention. Nothing at all.

I went to Iraq when we invaded back in 2003. We had a Master Sergeant (E-8) who got stop lossed because of the pending war. He spent 6 months in the desert in charge of making Marines burn poo poo in 50 gallon drums we cut in half.

Thank you for listening to my totally relevant story.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

no but since we're talking about boot camp I remember chiefs always wearing the Johnny Cashs' to gently caress with us for the last months that they could because we only knew black pants = petty officer tan = chief

"good morning pett.....AY YOU LITTLE gently caress HOW ABOUT WE TRY THAT AGAIN"

:shrug:

lmao

my biggest worry is im going to laugh while me or some other schmuck is getting berated

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Laranzu posted:

Put me in coach

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Got a link?

Also my detailer better get back to me soon.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Got a link?

Also my detailer better get back to me soon.

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/reference/messages/Documents/NAVADMINS/NAV2017/NAV17288.txt

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
I'm going to go home tonight and hug my DD214 after I kill this final exam. In college in Texas where the uniform of the day is leggings and crop tops.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

oh poo poo you finally got out

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I’m sitting in a Navy taught course on Security + and a Chief is trying to sell us on buttcoin during our break.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The largest exchange that only allows you to remove cash via their bullshit cash token tether has now issued over 1 billion in "dollar" equivalents.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ask the chief if he rolled his tsp into buttcoin

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

LingcodKilla posted:

I’m sitting in a Navy taught course on Security + and a Chief is trying to sell us on buttcoin during our break.

No lack of professionalism there considering his position lol.

Get in now!

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

PneumonicBook posted:

No lack of professionalism there considering his position lol.

Get in now!

At least it isn't like he was talking about joining a multilevel marketing scheme where they'd profit from him joining. BitCoin is still a ponzi scheme and all the people joining now are just blowing the bubble bigger.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nick Soapdish posted:

At least it isn't like he was talking about joining a multilevel marketing scheme where they'd profit from him joining. BitCoin is still a ponzi scheme and all the people joining now are just blowing the bubble bigger.

My exact reply. He got a bit ruffled by that.
“Best to get in now and sell before it burst.”

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Joe Kennedy said he knew it was time to exit the stock market in 1929 when he started getting stock tips from the shoe shine boy.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

He left a few books out when he brought us coffee.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

At least he brought you coffee

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Yeah nice guy really. Just....Bitcoin.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

LingcodKilla posted:

Yeah nice guy really. Just....Bitcoin.

Is this an official NETC class? Because if it is there's a lot of ways to get that dudes dick slapped if you were so inclined.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

PneumonicBook posted:

Is this an official NETC class? Because if it is there's a lot of ways to get that dudes dick slapped if you were so inclined.

Wait a minute, I missed that portion, is the Chief teaching your course or is he a student?

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013
Wait, someone actually wrote a book on bitcoin and is presumably making money on it?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Forums poster divabot has published the best bitcoin book out there called attack of the 50ft blockchain.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
The book picture above, though, was written by a guy who uses a stylized drawing of his balding forehead as a profile picture, and is affectionately known as "Hammer Licker" in the bitcoin-afficionado community.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Forums poster divabot has published the best bitcoin book out there called attack of the 50ft blockchain.

It's actually pretty good from the sample. Planning on buying the full one when I have ten minutes to read a book again

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
This new instruction re early sep may not be because of Korea. We could go to Iran too :)

Here's to hoping the Seabees don't bother following it up like they don't with any other directives

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Quick fail multiple prts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
5 MONTHS TO OUT OF IRR FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK