Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Crotch Bat posted:

I really want to know how many write-in votes Saban got. Jones won by about 19,000 and I really want Saban to have been the difference.

It was around 2000 votes I read somewhere that I cant find now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I want nothing more than an election edition of Finebaum

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Warbird posted:

Time to ride this wave all the way to a natty! Dabo has to lose, we have the moral high ground!

Edit: https://twitter.com/scottgustin/status/940789386152677378

Bless their hearts

holy lol yes

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

I really want to know how many write-in votes Saban got. Jones won by about 19,000 and I really want Saban to have been the difference.

I don't know if it's real:

https://twitter.com/ol_feathers/status/940788763415982080

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

It's not, that's the total number of write-ins.

but still lol

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

its forever canon in my heart

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Plot twist- they're Auburn fans who want Saban distracted for the playoffs.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/JamesFarrior/status/940789993425002499

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Endzone from row 1 is the best.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/940811089926868993

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kayakyakr posted:

Endzone from row 1 is the best.

Nah that’s way too low to really see what’s going on. Endzone like halfway up is my favorite spot

MourningView fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Dec 13, 2017

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Pretty good take, Deadspin.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
my goondolences, scionix.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Bama law says the write ins have to be tallied and reported on. I’m thinking it’ll likely be:
1. Strange
2. Sabes
3. Hurts/some goober at Auburn

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

quote:

The Michigan football coach and his wife, Sarah, paid a visit to C.S. Mott Children's Hospital in Ann Arbor on Tuesday, dressed as Santa and Mrs. Claus.

A team spokesman says the Harbaughs spent two hours visiting patients, some of whom had no idea it was Harbaugh underneath the fake beard.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2017/12/jim_harbaugh_wife_sarah_dress.html

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I absolutely think you could gaslight Harbaugh into believing Santa is real.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Harbaugh sliding down the chimney of his next great kicker's home

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I just gave up my tickets but they were row 40 behind the right upright on the end opposite the VolTron and it was almost perfect. Row 42 is the first one that doesn't usually get wet in the rain.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

Harbaugh sliding down the chimney of his next great kicker's home

For a nice sleepover

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
He also loves milk!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Warbird posted:

Bama law says the write ins have to be tallied and reported on. I’m thinking it’ll likely be:
1. Strange
2. Sabes
3. Hurts/some goober at Auburn

Somebody launched a write-in effort like a week before the election. I forget his name, but he got a little burst of press from it. He'll probably have the most write-ins.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

PostNouveau posted:

Somebody launched a write-in effort like a week before the election. I forget his name, but he got a little burst of press from it. He'll probably have the most write-ins.

You mean the other state senator two days before the election?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/Mark_Schlabach/status/941337296640593920

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I've had bits of salad stuck in my teeth that are bigger than that.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Seems like a pretty strong case of driving while black. Open and shut, good work Officer Smith.

E: Looks like charges dropped: https://georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/Georgia-Bulldogs-Football-Marijuana-charges-dropped-against-UGA-LB-Natrez-Patrick-per-ESPN-112260271

KKKLIP ART fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 14, 2017

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

If RIcht's still coaching at UGA, Patrick is still in jail, along with possibly his parents and the closest Dawg they could find driving a scooter, and the AJC has front page editorials saying that UGA should shut its football program down. One of the benefits of Kirby bringing Saban-esque law enforcement, ahem, relationships to Athens is that these various Sheriff Cletus Q. Racistheauser types have been made to submit. There's a reason why Jimmy Williamson is stepping down.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Good lord, in what world is it worth anyone's time to arrest someone over that amount of pot?

Also, been loving the Shutdown Fullcast bowl preview shows. They had Jon Bois on for the latest episodes.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

That's some skunk looking weed. I'll send him some better stuff

nah
Mar 16, 2009

what the report doesn't say is that they also confiscated his dinner plate sized penny

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

SIX MONTHS IN THE ISO-CUBES, CREEP

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

If RIcht's still coaching at UGA, Patrick is still in jail, along with possibly his parents and the closest Dawg they could find driving a scooter, and the AJC has front page editorials saying that UGA should shut its football program down. One of the benefits of Kirby bringing Saban-esque law enforcement, ahem, relationships to Athens is that these various Sheriff Cletus Q. Racistheauser types have been made to submit. There's a reason why Jimmy Williamson is stepping down.

All I’m saying is you can’t be a championship team without the police department bending the knee

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
legalize it

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Seems like a pretty strong case of driving while black. Open and shut, good work Officer Smith.

E: Looks like charges dropped: https://georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/Georgia-Bulldogs-Football-Marijuana-charges-dropped-against-UGA-LB-Natrez-Patrick-per-ESPN-112260271

Your own link reveals they were stopped for speeding. It's really unhelpful, at best, to resort immediately to "driving while black" when a speeding vehicle driving in the night time happens to have a black driver in a state where an entire 1/3 of the population is black.

It looks like a constructive possession case that was too weak to prosecute. :shrug: So, good result I guess. I agree that marijuana should be legalized. I have a similar problem with underage alcohol investigations being conducted when there are unsolved felony cases lingering in our communities. That ends my soapbox.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

LLCoolJD posted:

Your own link reveals they were stopped for speeding. It's really unhelpful, at best, to resort immediately to "driving while black" when a speeding vehicle driving in the night time happens to have a black driver in a state where an entire 1/3 of the population is black.

It looks like a constructive possession case that was too weak to prosecute. :shrug: So, good result I guess. I agree that marijuana should be legalized. I have a similar problem with underage alcohol investigations being conducted when there are unsolved felony cases lingering in our communities. That ends my soapbox.

Maybe not for the initial pullover, but you really think a white dude speeding at night in Georgia is going to get his car searched for drugs?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

LLCoolJD posted:

If he wasn't black, I think it's extremely unlikely they would have searched his car at all, much less thoroughly enough to find that tiny amount of weed.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vikingstrike posted:

Maybe not for the initial pullover, but you really think a white dude speeding at night in Georgia is going to get his car searched for drugs?

I was in Valdosta. :smithcloud:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

LLCoolJD posted:

Lol

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Pakled posted:

If he wasn't black, I think it's extremely unlikely they would have searched his car at all, much less thoroughly enough to find that tiny amount of weed.

Even more than the search, being black is why he got arrested. That arrest couldn't be more petty if it tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Hell yes GA cops will look for weed if they smell it and arrest you if they find so much as a roach.

So this guy is speeding, the car smells like weed, and presumably they ran him and found his previous two arrests. Of course they search his car and arrest him.

• Locked thread