Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
How worried are people about Gurley this week? Seattle was his only dud this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ben Nevis posted:

How worried are people about Gurley this week? Seattle was his only dud this year.

Not worried enough to bench him unless I have like LeVeon and Kamara with no flex

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

AnacondaHL posted:

Marvin Jones Jr. showed that Xavier Rhodes is beatable, AJ is a fine play.
While I agree it is probably best to rely on AJ Green, I still think the fear over this week's matchup is legitimate. The Bengals just no-showed against the Bears and their pass protection is terrible. And now they get one of the toughest teams in the league. I don't think Green owners can bank on WR1 production this week.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

IcePhoenix posted:

Not worried enough to bench him unless I have like LeVeon and Kamara with no flex

How about if you also had Kareem Hunt in addition to those two, sitting on the bench?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Q_res posted:

How about if you also had Kareem Hunt in addition to those two, sitting on the bench?

Kareem Hunt is an RB2 so of course not.

Hell, in his last six games he's only broken 11 points (in ppr) once. Gurley's ONLY game below that mark this entire season has been the one against Seattle.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Dec 14, 2017

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Look at this man with all the riches.

Meanwhile i'm starting Perine and Demarco murray in the playoffs. :suicide:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Leperflesh posted:

If you started with Yahoo, you hate ESPN (because it's wildly different and you're lost trying to do anything). If you started with ESPN, you hate Yahoo (for exactly the same reasons). This is how people always react with obtuse, horrible user interfaces: it's the root of the ancient vi vs. emacs debate, for example.

All fantasy football websites have horrifyingly terrible user interface designs. I'd say that's a huge business opportunity, except I don't think hosting fantasy football leagues is a money-making proposition... even MFL which charges for leagues probably doesn't make much, and oh by the way, it's UI is mind-bogglingly bad, especially when setting up nonstandard leagues (which is the only reason to use MFL in the first place).

I don't mind ESPN or Yahoo. I used to think that NFL.com had the worst fantasy interface. Then I used MFL.

Holy hell MFL is the worst by far and it's not even close.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Ben Nevis posted:

no Kam Chancellor this time, and no Sherman to keep the passing game open, even if Robert Woods isn't back.

0.01% worried.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Gobias Ind. posted:

Why does it seem like people are talking up Derrick Henry this week? I keep looking for a Murray injury update.

Sure the matchup against the 49ers is great, and I'd love to trust him in it, but that seems way too risky for the semi finals.

Do not listen to these people, they are feeding you bad data. The 49ers are a bad matchup for RBs now that they have their defense going in the same direction. They are the stingiest fantasy defense against RBs over the last 5 weeks. Jordan Howard and Lamar Miller combined for 9.3 fantasy points

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Silly Burrito posted:

I don't mind ESPN or Yahoo. I used to think that NFL.com had the worst fantasy interface. Then I used MFL.

Holy hell MFL is the worst by far and it's not even close.

Yeah, it's astounding how bad it really is.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Spoeank posted:

Do not listen to these people, they are feeding you bad data. The 49ers are a bad matchup for RBs now that they have their defense going in the same direction. They are the stingiest fantasy defense against RBs over the last 5 weeks. Jordan Howard and Lamar Miller combined for 9.3 fantasy points

Correct. Play Mike Davis instead.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Leperflesh posted:

Sorry for not replying earlier, I worked like 14 hours yesterday and today is looking equally lovely.

Here are the top free agents in my 12-man dynasty league. We have 24-man benches, plus two IR slots and three taxi squad slots (rookies only). And we are going into week 2 of the playoffs, with a lot of eliminated teams, so the contending teams are focused on winning now and the rest are likely looking hard at rosters for next year, rather than caring about waiver pickups for the next two weeks:

[snip]

Thank you for this.

Looking at your league data, it's so weird how there are plug-and-play desperation RBs on the wire who might also have dyno value (Rod Smith), but its mostly poop at WR. Usually it feels like the opposite is true.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Rod Smith has dynasty value?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Not unless he finds his way to another team.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The Zack posted:

Rod Smith has dynasty value?

He does right now for deep benches for teams that are out of it that have flotsam and jetsam they don't need. He's very good, Alf is gone next year, and he's a handcuff you can dump if Zeke doesn't tear his ACL in camp. I didn't say he was an amazing stash, it's just not hard to see why someone would roster him.

:shrug:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

IcePhoenix posted:

Kareem Hunt is an RB2 so of course not.

Hell, in his last six games he's only broken 11 points (in ppr) once. Gurley's ONLY game below that mark this entire season has been the one against Seattle.

Yeah, I know. Just being moody because I sat Hunt for the past 2 weeks in favor of Kamara. So of course he put up drat near 20...

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Spoeank posted:

He does right now for deep benches for teams that are out of it that have flotsam and jetsam they don't need. He's very good, Alf is gone next year, and he's a handcuff you can dump if Zeke doesn't tear his ACL in camp. I didn't say he was an amazing stash, it's just not hard to see why someone would roster him.

:shrug:

I'd like to add he's also on a reserves/future contract iirc. Though can't remember how long.

He's shown enough that he may get a chance on a different team next season as a 3rd down back. Or like you said even brought back.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Dec 14, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Q_res posted:

Yeah, I know. Just being moody because I sat Hunt for the past 2 weeks in favor of Kamara. So of course he put up drat near 20...

yeah but the first week of those two he put up like five when kamara put up 30 so...

Huskers
May 9, 2009

AnacondaHL posted:

no Kam Chancellor this time, and no Sherman to keep the passing game open, even if Robert Woods isn't back.

0.01% worried.

Also, there’s a real chance that both Wagner and KJ Wright will be out. Start your Gurleys, with confidence.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Gobias Ind. posted:

Why does it seem like people are talking up Derrick Henry this week? I keep looking for a Murray injury update.

Sure the matchup against the 49ers is great, and I'd love to trust him in it, but that seems way too risky for the semi finals.

Agreed. I'm rostering both in BML and I have to go Murray. All year it's been a coin flip as to who gets more points, with Murray having the safer floor.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I’m not putting Derrick Henry anywhere near a starting playoff lineup until annoyo Demarco Murray goes down.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Should I be considering CJ Anderson over DeMarco in HPPR? Or is that nuts?

I just want a floor
Put your arms around me, baby. Put your arms around me, baby.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001
Yahoo has me rated 924 and diamond despite never even winning a championship. 84-50 overall. Says my best season finish was Platinum while my friend who has won our league twice has Gold 2x for best season finish and he's Platinum overall.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It almost seems that these Yahoo manager rankings, like their draft report cards, are complete nonsense!

*GASP*

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm glad ESPN doesn't have them because I don't want to know what it thinks about me after missing playoffs with top 3 PF in consecutive seasons

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
A little late, but my league has last place take the entire league to dinner. That's the only rule.

I think it needs actual quantities, like a min/ max spent. Otherwise, what's to stop someone from mailing out a pack of hot dogs and a lighter? On the other end, it's a 14 man league of big drinkers. Even at a low-priced restaurant, I'm sure we could drink $2k worth of alcohol.

Goon project links:
Sleepers: QB RB Defense

Start-or-Sit: Case Keenum Jay Ajayi

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
IDP ADVICEEE

Landon Collins may or may not play. I picked up Desmond King over Jalen Ramsey and Eric Weddle to possibly take that DB spot. Desmond King has been helped by playing safety and corner AND being the return man.

I just need to play King over a banged up Collins, right? He's got a bad matchup against KC. But, who knows.

Also, my trading ways have given me a 729 Gold rating :shrug:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

89 posted:

IDP ADVICEEE

Landon Collins may or may not play. I picked up Desmond King over Jalen Ramsey and Eric Weddle to possibly take that DB spot. Desmond King has been helped by playing safety and corner AND being the return man.

I just need to play King over a banged up Collins, right? He's got a bad matchup against KC. But, who knows.

Also, my trading ways have given me a 729 Gold rating :shrug:

I made that exact idp move.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

MacheteZombie posted:

I made that exact idp move.

Desmond King is projected 0 pts wtf

I’m also torn on leaving Suggs on the bench for Blake Martinez and Kwon Alexander

89 fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 14, 2017

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

89 posted:

Yeah yahoo's projections blow rear end. Bengals top cb dennard is weekly projected at 15 points and he's one of the lower scoring corners (well in my leagues scoring anyway)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

Should I be considering CJ Anderson over DeMarco in HPPR? Or is that nuts?

I just want a floor
Put your arms around me, baby. Put your arms around me, baby.

You know what? They both suck. But if i put in murray, I can reap rewards from the nonzero chance he gets hurt in practice. I have Henry too, and that would be a monster start.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

How do you see your Yahoo ranking? Only on the website?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
ESPN standard scoring PPR

Super Flex spot:

Jameis Winston vs Atlanta
M. Sanu. vs Tampa Bay?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
TE is a wasteland.

Starting Cameron Brate. Seferian Jenkins lost McCown on my bench. Jesse James, Charles Clay, and Ebron are on waivers.

Brate? :shrug:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

TE is a wasteland.

Starting Cameron Brate. Seferian Jenkins lost McCown on my bench. Jesse James, Charles Clay, and Ebron are on waivers.

Brate? :shrug:

I guess so, hope last week was an aberration

Amy Pole Her posted:

Super Flex spot:

M. Sanu. vs Tampa Bay?

100% Winston

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Poque posted:

I'm glad ESPN doesn't have them because I don't want to know what it thinks about me after missing playoffs with top 3 PF in consecutive seasons

If only there was a puzzle to solve to get into the playoffs, you'd be top seed!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

89 posted:

I’m also torn on leaving Suggs on the bench for Blake Martinez and Kwon Alexander

I put in kwon over blake fwiw, but I might flip back to blake.

Also Landon Collins was at practice today.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Super Flex spot:

M. Sanu. vs Tampa Bay?

Winston

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
The top 4 experts at FP are telling me it's Mike Davis time baby!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Ooh ooooooh! He will be the next trash rear end running back to light up the rams, I agree

• Locked thread