Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
I need a WR in a 0ppr league.

Stefon Diggs vs. Cincinnati
Mike Evans vs. Tampa Bay
Marvin Jones vs. Chicago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?
I've made it to the semi finals this year with this epic team in a 14 man league, made 0 trades my opponent this week is already down wentz so I'm looking good the only problem is my lineup is all in the red in their respective matchups so I'm worried.
1 ppr
Qb : Matt Ryan @ tb
Wr: aj green @ min
Wr: m sanu @ min
Rb: Gurley @ sea
Rb: j. Williams @ car
Te: Lewis vs hou
W/r/t : Hopkins @ jax
Bench:
Thielen vs cin
McKinnon vs cin
Hooper @ tb
Dalton @ min
Garrapolo vs ten

Are there any changes I should make?? I want to play thielen but I'm worried he's on the injury report right now and over who sanu or green??

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

poly and open-minded posted:

Gio @Min
J Stewart vs GB
Desean Jackson vs ATL
Gore vs Den

Pick 2 no ppr

bump

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

That's a tough one, but my inclination is to say Jackson and Stewart.

If could take a look at mine a couple posts above, that would be cool :)

Octoduck
Feb 8, 2006

Rudy had heart,
but he still sucked.

6-year plan man posted:

I've made it to the semi finals this year with this epic team in a 14 man league, made 0 trades my opponent this week is already down wentz so I'm looking good the only problem is my lineup is all in the red in their respective matchups so I'm worried.
1 ppr
Qb : Matt Ryan @ tb
Wr: aj green @ min
Wr: m sanu @ min
Rb: Gurley @ sea
Rb: j. Williams @ car
Te: Lewis vs hou
W/r/t : Hopkins @ jax
Bench:
Thielen vs cin
McKinnon vs cin
Hooper @ tb
Dalton @ min
Garrapolo vs ten

Are there any changes I should make?? I want to play thielen but I'm worried he's on the injury report right now and over who sanu or green??

Thielen over Sanu is easy. Injury doesn't sound too alarming yet.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Poque posted:

Better start than either imo.

Well poo poo, some guy who is in the consolation brackets snagged Ajayi. Guess I'm riding Gore and Crowell. I keep looking at my bench, but I don't think any of these guys are worth starting over them, right? I already asked, but god I don't trust either of these guys even though both just had pretty good weeks.

Richardson vs LAR
Javorious Allen vs. CLE
Travis Benjamin vs. KC

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
Was fortunate enough to make the playoffs in 3 leagues. Looking for some opinions for matchups in each.

League 1 - Standard 12 team
Flex: Jordy @ CAR, Duke Johnson vs. BAL, or Mike Davis vs. LAR?

League 2 - Standard 12 team
QB: Rivers @ KC or Ryan @ TB?
WR: Pick two of - Jordy @ CAR, Goodwin vs. TEN, Demaryius @ IND (also Thursday night), or Robby Anderson @ NO (with Petty at QB)
Flex: Currently Lamar Miller @ Jax. Would you pick either of the non 2 starting WRs above to start over him?

League 3 - 0.5 PPR 12 team
Flex: Landry @ BUF or Alex Collins @ CLE?

Present starters are listed first. Thanks in advance!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I'm looking for a flex, or for that matter any other recommendations in a 0 PPR league:

Cutler is obviously alarming, but I lost Wentz this week and waivers were loving bleak.

Mostly I'm looking for advice on Drake vs. Adams, or even Adams vs. Green given the matchup.

Do not bench Kenyan Drake, especially in 0PPR, for a WR until the train explodes.

Adams is questionable with ARodg back. Jordy gets the volume and red zone looks, and as he comes back from injury expect lots of check downs to slant routes and to the RBs. Your roster is solid as is, stand pat.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

unless Fournette's injury is bad, then obviously Drake as RB2 and Adams as flex.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Alright, semifinal with a flex spot and WR spot open, PPR :

Josh Gordon v Baltimore
Doug Baldwin v LAR
Jamaal Williams v Carolina
Martavis Bryant v NE

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
.5 PPR managed somehow pick up Rodgers off waivers, which leads me to this conundrum:

Rodgers @Car
Rivers @KC

Rivers has been decent to good lately and Rodgers has been out forever and isn't 100% so I'm tempted to run Rivers, but it's Aaron freaking Rodgers!

Kinfolk Jones
Oct 31, 2010

Faaaaaaaaast
Week 2 of the first round, thoughts on a FLEX for this week? ESPN 0.5 PPR

Hopkins @ JAX
Hunt vs LAC
Perine vs ARI

Current Lineup

RB1: Gurley @ SEA
RB2: Gordon @ KC
WR1: Jones @ TB
WR2: Allen @ KC
FLEX: Hunt vs LAC

Also, any thoughts on Washington's D for the rest of the year? Some pretty decent matchups but they haven't been great overall this year.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Uhm even in a bad matchup, i don't think you can bench Hopkins for the really underachieving lately Hunt.

Last time he played the Jags he still got like 14 points in half PPR, which is more than Hunt has been getting last 2 months.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 14, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...someone snagged Keenum before I could get him.

So these are my options. 6 pt TDs, 300 yards gets a bonus.

Handsome Jimmy vs. Ten
Foles @ NYG

Just need about 20 or so points. Who do I go with?

commish
Sep 17, 2009

pubic works project posted:

Handsome Jimmy vs. Ten
Foles @ NYG

Jimmy without question. I am in the middle of the same choice, and I'm going JG. Foles was tempting but I think JG has the better floor. Last I checked, the 49ers were actually favored to win that game, and it's all because of JG. And Mariota sucking.

And tbh, I don't think the Eagles offensive weapons are good enough to make up for bad QB play. I think Wentz elevated them from good to great.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

commish posted:

Jimmy without question. I am in the middle of the same choice, and I'm going JG. Foles was tempting but I think JG has the better floor. Last I checked, the 49ers were actually favored to win that game, and it's all because of JG. And Mariota sucking.

And tbh, I don't think the Eagles offensive weapons are good enough to make up for bad QB play. I think Wentz elevated them from good to great.

So would you still start Alshon in a 1PPR league over options like Tyreek, Amari, and JuJu?

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Handsome Jimmy vs. Ten
Foles @ NYG

I guess Handsome Jimmy G because I think he has a better chance at getting 300 yards.

I need a WR2 in standard non-ppr and Rodgers’s return has complicated things:

Davante Adams
Tyreek Hill
Jordy Nelson
Marvin Jones
Devin Funchess
JuJu Smith-Schuster

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

King Hong Kong posted:

I guess Handsome Jimmy G because I think he has a better chance at getting 300 yards.

Davante Adams
Tyreek Hill
Jordy Nelson
Marvin Jones
Devin Funchess
JuJu Smith-Schuster

Funchess should be the safest play here.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

So would you still start Alshon in a 1PPR league over options like Tyreek, Amari, and JuJu?

It's clearly between Alshon and Hill. I could go either way in 1 ppr. We just don't know what Foles is going to bring to the table, but I'm guessing that whatever he does bring, his best WR will get the most looks.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
For Defense/ST this week (standard with 1pt per 45 return yards):

Washington vs Ari
Chicago @ Det
Detroit vs Chi
Buffalo vs Miami

I already have Chicago on my roster in anticipation of next week, but Detroit and Buffalo are still available too. I also have Tate slotted in at WR, which makes me hesitant to play Chicago.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

King Hong Kong posted:

Davante Adams
Tyreek Hill
Jordy Nelson
Marvin Jones
Devin Funchess
JuJu Smith-Schuster

Gonna agree that Funchess is your go to here.

I'm seriously conflicted about starting Fitzgerald and Hyde. Someone tell me I'm fine and/or if I have better options.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Dec 14, 2017

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Handsome Ralph posted:

I'm seriously conflicted about starting Fitzgerald and Hyde. Someone tell me I'm fine and/or if I have better options.

I would either leave it as-is or flex Gordon over MIKE DAVIS if it's PPR.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Nope, standard. Davis it is in Flex then!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Its josh gordon!!!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Spoeank posted:

Its josh gordon!!!

He's locked into my lineup!

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
0.5 PPR, choose 1 WR2 and 1 Flex

Golden Tate vs. CHI
Josh Gordon vs. BAL
MIKE DAVIS vs. Rams
Rex Burkhead @ Pitt

Right now I am leaning Gordon and Burkhead

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Spoeank posted:

Its josh gordon!!!

There is part of me that wants to start him in flex and switch out Hyde for Davis. He got me wins for his last two games, why bench him now?

gently caress it, I'm already projected to lose by a slim margin and Hyde's going against a stout defense. I'm gonna get weird with it.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Farchanter posted:

That's a tough one, but my inclination is to say Jackson and Stewart.

If could take a look at mine a couple posts above, that would be cool :)

I would go Diggs and Jones

commish
Sep 17, 2009

coronaball posted:

0.5 PPR, choose 1 WR2 and 1 Flex

Golden Tate vs. CHI
Josh Gordon vs. BAL
MIKE DAVIS vs. Rams
Rex Burkhead @ Pitt

Right now I am leaning Gordon and Burkhead

Tough calls. I would go Gordon tho I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns were shut out. But the volume is hard to argue with. I'll never play a NE RB.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
.5 ppr

stand pat? The two questionables really worry me, at which point I don't know what to do at flex - walker? derrick henry? latavius has sucked lately . If kamara and hopkins both can't play this week I'm going to sob

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 14, 2017

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Gordon vs Baltimore, Perine vs HOU, or Williams @Car for my flex slot? 0PPR, standard rules. I don't like the matches for any of them really.

Also nabbed up New Orleans defense, to prevent my opponents from doing it... Considering playing them over Baltimore defense.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

mastershakeman posted:

.5 ppr

stand pat? The two questionables really worry me, at which point I don't know what to do at flex - walker? derrick henry? latavius has sucked lately . If kamara and hopkins both can't play this week I'm going to sob

barring any injuries, I'd stick with what you have. Besides maybe Diggs in for Jones.

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

full of mama's homemade pemmican

cool kids inc. posted:

Also nabbed up New Orleans defense, to prevent my opponents from doing it... Considering playing them over Baltimore defense.

Start NO over Baltimore. They're coming off a tough loss with 10 days of rest and playing a QB filling in for McCown. It's going to get ugly. BAL will be missing CB Jimmy Smith too.

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
Sorry to semi-bump again, but would you start Demaryius Thomas tonight vs. IND over Jordy @ CAR or M. Goodwin v TEN? How about over Lamar Miller v. JAX in the flex spot? Standard scoring...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Game-Blouses posted:

Sorry to semi-bump again, but would you start Demaryius Thomas tonight vs. IND over Jordy @ CAR or M. Goodwin v TEN? How about over Lamar Miller v. JAX in the flex spot? Standard scoring...

Mmmmmmmmmmaybe Lamar Miller but no to the other guys

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
Trying to figure out starters for tonight. 3WR, 2RB, 1FLEX:

Demariyus Thomas, Landry, Coleman, Amendola
Ingram, Murray, Forte, Gore

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

THE MACHO MAN posted:

Trying to figure out starters for tonight. 3WR, 2RB, 1FLEX:

Demariyus Thomas, Landry, Coleman, Amendola
Ingram, Murray, Forte, Gore

Sit Amendola and Forte

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
This is not the kind of thing I thought I'd be asking in fantasy playoffs this year
Yahoo standard
QB:
Goff @ Sea
Bortles vs Hou

Flex:
M. Goodwin vs Ten
Gio @ Min (if Mixon is out)
Perine vs Ari
MIKE DAVIS vs LAR

I feel like I'm gonna gently caress up on the second one no matter what

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Scruffy the janitor posted:

This is not the kind of thing I thought I'd be asking in fantasy playoffs this year
Yahoo standard
QB:
Goff @ Sea
Bortles vs Hou

Flex:
M. Goodwin vs Ten
Gio @ Min (if Mixon is out)
Perine vs Ari
MIKE DAVIS vs LAR

I feel like I'm gonna gently caress up on the second one no matter what

Goff.

The Honorable MIKE DAVIS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Game-Blouses posted:

I like Goodwin’s safe double-digit floor with WR2 upside.

• Locked thread