Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I hope these are eve jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
So what happened to make Ajayi so bad in between seasons? Did success go to his head?

Also, our goon project site has an NFL Quiz: Weird rules, franchise histories, and the ever-popular "Misc." I don't think anyone will get 20/20, but if you do let me know and I'll maybe make a hall-of-fame list.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/drewmagary/status/941343965537808384

The take.

It's bad.

The article.

It's good.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Drunk Nerds posted:

So what happened to make Ajayi so bad in between seasons? Did success go to his head?

Also, our goon project site has an NFL Quiz: Weird rules, franchise histories, and the ever-popular "Misc." I don't think anyone will get 20/20, but if you do let me know and I'll maybe make a hall-of-fame list.

drat, I missed 4, 5 and 6. :smith: Glad I got #10 though.

:agreed:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Benoit really, really loves pocket passers and thinks that is the only sustainable model of quarterbacking

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Not a huge sample size at only 44 carries but Ajayi is averaging 7 ypc with the Eagles. They're definitely giving him fewer touches per game than the Phins and he's not quite the workhouse back I was expecting, but he's worked out fine for Philly.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Benoit really, really loves pocket passers and thinks that is the only sustainable model of quarterbacking

If anyone tried to be a pure pocket passer behind the Seattle OL I'm pretty sure they'd be dead.

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

What team has a "z" ?

e: also I got an alternative for Which Hall-of-Fame Quarterback’s full name becomes the name of a country if you change the first letter -

Fran Tarkenton - Iran

e: agh, nevermind. Full name.

Blarfk fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 14, 2017

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Blarfk posted:

What team has a "z" ?

Arizona Cardinals

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Drunk Nerds posted:

I got 13 by your scoring system, aced all the rules ones without even bothering to check answers because I'm a rules geek. Blanked on #9 which was easy points if I would have spent longer thinking about it.

I misread the bonus question and spent a good 40 seconds mentally trying to force Blanda into Uganda only using one letter.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Drunk Nerds posted:

Recall in 2016 he was told to stay home when we played Seattle.

Ajayi doesn’t know the playbook, and only runs. He is bad at blocking and mediocre @ receiving. He hated that Drake and Williams were stealing carries.

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Alaois posted:

Arizona Cardinals

Ah, didn't get that cities were included in team name.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I got all of them, but I am a dork.

#2 because my youtube recommendations are a nightmare factory and there's this one football channel that shows up with a horrific reaction face over a still from that play constantly.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Blarfk posted:

Ah, didn't get that cities were included in team name.

I literally did the same thing in the site chat and called drunk nerds a son of a bitch for not answering me so you handled it better than I did

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

This was fun! I got the 2011 Green Bay Packers, not too shabby.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Arizona is not a city, mate

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

piss tape israel posted:

Phoenix is a monument to man's arrogance so they had to change the team name to Arizona.

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

piss tape israel posted:

You know what I meant :mad:

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Holy poo poo that take. Also, I love the sheer anger emanating from the article, in a 'HOW CAN YOU BE SO DUMB?!?' way.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Kalli posted:

Phoenix is a monument to man's arrogance so they had to change the team name to Arizona.

I didn't realize you were a Boggle champion.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I have too many good anuses ahead of me to spend my life in a cigar factory.

E: Also Andy Benoit deserves every bit of this roasting.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the tweet about Albert Breer that's linked in that article is still the most infuriating sports thing i've read in a while

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Alaois posted:

the tweet about Albert Breer that's linked in that article is still the most infuriating sports thing i've read in a while

My ears started hurting when I read that for some reason...like I was hearing some sort of really loud, high-pitched...hiss? No, that's not it...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

whypick1 posted:

My ears started hurting when I read that for some reason...like I was hearing some sort of really loud, high-pitched...hiss? No, that's not it...

as the guy points out in the follow-up tweet, he straight up uses raw as both a pejorative for Jackson and a positive for Allen, it's insane

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Drunk Nerds posted:

Our Dumb World is how I got the bonus question. :D

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

“He's more of a thrower than a passer” has now forever entered my crusty old guy impression lexicon. It's great. I want to use that sentence construction for all sorts of arbitrary nonsense.

He's more of a catcher than a receiver.

He puts up points, but he doesn't score touchdowns.

He hits the ball with his foot and it goes through the uprights, but he doesn't kick field goals.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I've always seen "thrower, not a pitcher / passer" to mean that you've got no / bad mechanics, and your poo poo will work at lower levels but not at major level.

Basically any QB that has some level of success in the NFL doesn't fit that description.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

See, the problem with Lamar Jackson is that he knows how to THROW, but not how to PASS. He's really good at hucking the ball to blank spots all over the field, but he hasn't quite grasped conceptually that the throws should be targeted towards teammates, and thus passed.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Tim Tebow was a thrower.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Drunk Nerds posted:

far as I can tell, ajayi's knees are held together by scotch tape by this point

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mahomes is a pitcher and I'm the catcher.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

seiferguy posted:

I've always seen "thrower, not a pitcher / passer" to mean that you've got no / bad mechanics, and your poo poo will work at lower levels but not at major level.

Basically any QB that has some level of success in the NFL doesn't fit that description.

I always saw it as the other way around. Cannon arm, no recognition/read skills. So yeah you can get it 50+ yards downfield, except you're not actually throwing it TO anyone.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Russell Wilson is already a good pocket passer and would be really good if the Seahawks had better... anything around him

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Stafford over Wilson is wrong but it isn't article callout-worthy wrong

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Stafford over Wilson is wrong but it isn't article callout-worthy wrong

it is when you consider Benoit is the king of bad takes revolving around black mobile QBs

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Stafford over Wilson is right but that article is still garbage

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Stafford over Wilson is right but that article is still garbage

ah yes chubby jay cutler clone who can eat all the sugar he wants and is given the green light to chuck on every play is definitely better than russ

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I’m glad we’re in agreement then

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Ugh those of us in NorCal are gonna have to watch the lovely Niners game instead of the real match on Sunday aren't we

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Tayter Swift posted:

Ugh those of us in NorCal are gonna have to watch the lovely Niners game instead of the real match on Sunday aren't we

some of us will be there to see the ascendency of jimmy garoppolo into the hall of fame

• Locked thread