Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ashangel1982/status/941346843115642881

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

At least he acknowledged you being right. How many who don't get their money back will do the same? Joe Blobers for sure, but others?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

guess I need to finish grinding that python!

Fed gunship and fit dakka. No, more dakka. I said, more dakka...

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Legal counsel is not sexually transmitted.

The noses are hypnotic.

Did oldman get his callsign when he was young, or are they just taking the piss?

Hav fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Dec 15, 2017

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Hav posted:

Legal counsel is not sexually transmitted.

But it's a paid for service too, right?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I like how the default thought is that amazon will somehow help them and not wait for CIGs corpse to be nice and bloated before it comes in and picks it to pieces to salvage what little talent they had into their own ecosystem

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I like how the default thought is that amazon will somehow help them and not wait for CIGs corpse to be nice and bloated before it comes in and picks it to pieces to salvage what little talent they had into their own ecosystem

Seriously. Best thing Amazon can do is hold Crytek's coat.

mjotto
Nov 8, 2017

Cao Ni Ma posted:

....and picks it to pieces to salvage what little talent they had into their own ecosystem

Even that is not going to happen. The only people who believe that CIG actually is worth anything are those idiotic backers still refusing to see that our one and only lord and saviour was right. Nobody at Amazon gives a gentle caress about Star Citizen.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

The best part will be when all the employees who were treated like poo poo completely flip on Chris and Co and spill the beans about every shady thing they've been asked to do. Did Sandi ask us to cook the books? You bet your rear end. Did Chris present fake demos made by third parties as real gameplay? Every year! Where did the money go? Well your honor it went into these specific holding companies under the control of Ortwin Fremeneyer. Did you know you were still using Cryengine for everything? Yes your honor, despite the rampant use of "Find and Replace" Cryengine for Lumbreyard.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012

:madprops:

I don't see anything wrong here

hardycore
Nov 4, 2009

Omniblivion posted:

:madprops:

I don't see anything wrong here

Wow they are guilty as sin but i still think we get the unsatisfying ending of a settlement the terms of which will never be known

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

If Amazon is going to front million(s) for legal defense, then why does CIG need backers to fund development??? Shouldn't Amazon want to help develop their flagship Lumber yard game???

Oh my bad for the FUD, I'm just a stupid goon on his phone on a train

cupitor
Oct 13, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5lzklaOndY
The guy running the largest org as his real-life job (he collects monthly "donations" from his followers) in full shill-damage control mode. :yarg:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

SomethingJones posted:

Polygon

The Crytek and Star Citizen feud is getting more complicated
Court documents imply improper behavior on both sides

https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/14/16776300/crytek-star-citizen-lawsuit-cig-rsi

Golli posted:

Re: conflict of interest/recusal - it's a red herring/non issue in my opinion.
Due to the interval between the contract signing and Jones switching sides, it's hard to argue a breach of duty.
If Crytek had a problem with Ortwin negotiating on behalf of CIG, they shouldn't have signed the contract.

Yeah, idk man:

quote:

Not my practice area, but I will give my opinion as a lawyer. Short answer is yes, he probably should have recused. I don’t know where Freyermuth is licensed (and hence which professional conduct rules would apply), but the ABA’s Model Rules of Professional Conduct expressly forbid this sort of thing. Most states’ rules of professional conduct/responsibility track these model rules pretty closely.

This is the sort of thing I would never, EVER do without express, written consent from the opposing party. Otherwise it is blatantly unethical. Even if this guy didn’t knowingly use inside information (privileged, attorney client information) to help his new client, it gives the appearance of impropriety and thus should be avoided at all costs.

This is not something where it’s incumbent upon one side to raise it as an issue. Every lawyer has an obligation to both know and follow applicable rules of professional conduct. He should have known better (unless of course CryTek consented). This is the sort of thing that they drill into you in school, and you also have to pass an exam on these rules in order to get licensed.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

hardycore posted:

Wow they are guilty as sin but i still think we get the unsatisfying ending of a settlement the terms of which will never be known

Assume they have enough money to settle, first question the media is going to ask is how much of the 173 million was used.

CIG won't answer. Backers will ask, CIG won't answer.

Media will ask Crytek, they won't answer, I bet a value leaks out from Crytek though or the media just makes a value up, or takes an educated guess, it's a better story.

There's no way I see that an approximate price tag doesn't get assigned to this and the backers don't flip out about it.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

If this truly isn't the darkest timeline Crytek wont look for a settlement and will want to go to court.

Because they love us.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Star Citizen: Blatantly Unethical

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hav posted:

Fed gunship and fit dakka. No, more dakka. I said, more dakka...

lol look at this dude who thinks I play enough to grind fed rank and I'm not just trying to make million credit passenger runs on the weekends

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
CIG must have been pretty happy about that IGN exclusive with Mark Hamill a few days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jci5nHESs04

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KapikHusky/status/941449971789975558

https://twitter.com/ozzy2391/status/941440004684890112

https://twitter.com/theButcher_st/status/941433727980331010

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
Buddy at work was saying, that crytek was on the hook for providing netcode improvements to cryengine, which they never came through on, and therefore, may have breached the GLA themselves. Something about a bunch of leaked emails back and forth between crytek and CIG bickering about it. Anyone know what’s up?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

:phone: "You developed a game with our engine."

:phoneb: "No we didn't."

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Watch. Watch that be the basis for a motion to dismiss.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Warhawk109 posted:

Buddy at work was saying, that crytek was on the hook for providing netcode improvements to cryengine, which they never came through on, and therefore, may have breached the GLA themselves. Something about a bunch of leaked emails back and forth between crytek and CIG bickering about it. Anyone know what’s up?

Hope so, more chance of reaching discovery.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

AP posted:

Hope so, more chance of reaching discovery.

Anything even remotely possibly confidential or proprietary is not going to see public disclosure, which is going to be, mysteriously, almost all of the discovered record

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

[caught_up_wth_thread.gif]

"Bu-but Amazon!" is the best the cultists seem to be able to do. I was watching WTFo babble on incoherently for about 30 minutes last night and reading the side chat to gauge the Citizen/Cultist response and the panic is real. They also are in for one hell of a rude awakening if CIG can't settle. Of course there is bluster but it all rings hollow and desperate, just like this entire project.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

You know what I just realized that's kind of funny?

At this point I think /refunds (which I have explicitly told journalists is not an archive) has served as the basis for more articles on major gaming sites than /r/ds (which desperately wanted to be used as a source for journalizm).

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Beet Wagon posted:

lol look at this dude who thinks I play enough to grind fed rank and I'm not just trying to make million credit passenger runs on the weekends
Do the million credit passenger runs for Federation allied factions and you'll magically grind Fed rank without even noticing.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Potato Salad posted:

Anything even remotely possibly confidential or proprietary is not going to see public disclosure, which is going to be, mysteriously, almost all of the discovered record

I really don't see how that's a problem at all as I don't work for CIG.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

AP posted:

I really don't see how that's a problem at all as I don't work for CIG.

I read that you were excited to see the paper trail when it hit clearinghouse. My point is that very little substantive paper trail will see daylight

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TacticalNecromancy posted:

Uuuh... Sandi? Um... Orwtin? ...Lesnick?

Was that there, aaaaah, yesterday?

This. This is glorious!

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Games made by Crytek: A bunch

Games made by Clownshoes Incompetent Games: Zero

PC status: Saved

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Dooguk posted:

Last minute Xmas gift idea for the game developer who has everything....

1 Large Wing Commander Movie Poster

1 Small Rock Hammer

Montage of Chris Roberts proselytizing to all the inmates about his "Great Escape" plan to tunnel out of prison.

"Guys! I'm attempting something that's never been done before! I just need a few more cigarette pledges and the tunnel will be done! Weeks, not months!"

6 months later, the warden is awakened by the hysterics of cell-block C's head guard.

"Sir... Roberts is... gone!"

The warden wanders around the cell, doe-eyed in disbelief. How could it be? His eyes fix onto the huge wing-commander poster. His trembling hand moves slowly to the poster's edge then RIP! The poster gives way to a perfectly flat wall with no discernible blemishes. The body is found in a workshop dumpster an hour later, with a note stapled to the forehead: "Nobody steals my cigarettes."

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Dual Shockers: Star Citizen’s New Video Tackles Atmospheric Flight; Squadron 42 Gets a Small Tease -
Cloud Imperium Games releases a new video discussing atmospheric flight in Star Citizen, as Crytek sues for damages over CryEngine 3.0.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

tooterfish posted:

Do the million credit passenger runs for Federation allied factions and you'll magically grind Fed rank without even noticing.

Actually I think the system I'm taking them from now is Fed aligned, I just gotta get up to cordial to start getting them from the two Fed dudes there.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Do you have a greasemonkey script or some other screencap-paste-upload-format-queue-post automation tool bound to your left mouse click or something?

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017
Also, does crytek have the money to last into what could potentially be a multi-year litigation? What do they expect to get out of it? CIG has no money for them to collect damages on. Is it really worth the millions in legal fees to skadden to go after CIG when they have nothing? Not trying to reign on the ELE parade (which I hope happens for comedy reasons) I’m just asking questions.

Also, please no Star Wars spoilers in this thread, I can’t see until the 21st.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dusty Lens posted:

If this truly isn't the darkest timeline Crytek wont look for a settlement and will want to go to court.

Because they love us.

I really, honestly, 100% doubt there's going to be a settling out of court. As multiple people who know better than me covered, you don't go to Skadden if you're planning to just 'settle out of court'. These guys don't get out of bed for anything but blood in the water. And I feel like CIG couldn't actually settle with what they have on tap, nor would they - it seems entirely CIG to try and fight this out without realizing how horrifically outmatched in the legal department they currently are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Monathin posted:

I really, honestly, 100% doubt there's going to be a settling out of court. As multiple people who know better than me covered, you don't go to Skadden if you're planning to just 'settle out of court'. These guys don't get out of bed for anything but blood in the water. And I feel like CIG couldn't actually settle with what they have on tap, nor would they - it seems entirely CIG to try and fight this out without realizing how horrifically outmatched in the legal department they currently are.

Man when you put it that way it sounds like CIG's legal defense is Toast.