Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Wasn't that an episode of the x-files, only the kids kept being born with tails because of the sperm guy's poo poo genes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Technical point of order, just because someone is Canadian, and used a Canadian bank does NOT mean that the story didn't happen in the USA.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Drone_Fragger posted:

Technical point of order, just because someone is Canadian, and used a Canadian bank does NOT mean that the story didn't happen in the USA.

quote:

After their father died, Herbert said, he went to his local UPS store near Cornwall, Ontario, where he was expecting a package from sister Taylor containing his share of their inheritance in the form of a bank draft, but it never came.

quote:

Taylor sent the money through UPS from her lawyer in Georgetown, Ont., about 270 miles away, so Herbert wouldn’t have to drive to pick up the hefty sum.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:captainpop:

gently caress me this is totally the plot of an x-files episode (minus the face mimicking man)
E:FB

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
United States of America, which is the continent Canada is on.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Platystemon posted:

Don’t send $864k of what is essentially cash through the post.

quote:

Taylor obtained the bank draft — which is like a certified check, but the money is taken from a customer’s account immediately and held by the bank until the draft is cashed — in February, after TD told her it was the safest way to send the large sum.

“They said a bank draft was more appropriate” for that amount of money, Taylor said. “Never in my wildest imagination did I think something like this would happen.”

The bank assured Taylor and her husband the money could be replaced if the draft was lost.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
The headline, of course, is quite a bit funnier than the story

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Volcott posted:

Wasn't that an episode of the x-files, only the kids kept being born with tails because of the sperm guy's poo poo genes?

That was Bruce "sperm guy" Campbell :colbert:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Aleph Null posted:

quote:

TD told her it was the safest way to send the large sum.

If she can prove that in a court of law, she has a case.

UPS is the least culpable party here.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

syscall girl posted:

I literally only remember three scenes from the x-files. Baby with a tail, liposuction murder and someone being drugged, put in a very pretty looking furnace and burned alive.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
What about Fluke-Man? What about Eugene Toombs hiding in his iodine bath? What about inbred hillbilly Cher traphouse family? What about NICAP?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
What about the senseless death of the Lone Gunmen?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

What about inbred hillbilly Cher traphouse family?

Apparently this episode “Home” only aired once and I happened to see it live. Still creeps me out when I think about them rolling ma out from under the bed.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Aleph Null posted:

What about the senseless death of the Lone Gunmen?

The Lone Gunmen knew too much about 9/11. :tinfoil:

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Cacafuego posted:

Apparently this episode “Home” only aired once and I happened to see it live. Still creeps me out when I think about them rolling ma out from under the bed.

It did eventually appear in syndication but Fox refused to ever air it again. It's also probably one of my all-time favorite episodes.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Garrand posted:

It did eventually appear in syndication but Fox refused to ever air it again. It's also probably one of my all-time favorite episodes.

Why did they refuse to reair it?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Leavemywife posted:

Why did they refuse to reair it?

The episode has a bunch of incest themes and opens with a deformed, crying baby being buried alive. It's a pretty brutal episode overall.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I'll have to go watch that again.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Home was the first and possibly only XFiles episode with a content warning before it.

This was obviously in the days without standard TV ratings and content advisories.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

I don't know about X-Files (as others have suggested) but this is definitely a Law & Order episode.

:doink:

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

The Bloop posted:

Home was the first and possibly only XFiles episode with a content warning before it.

This was obviously in the days without standard TV ratings and content advisories.

I don’t think it helped matters that I remember the episode itself being pretty bad (really boring) when ignoring all the off putting inbred horrible people.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

There was a Dutch guy who impregnated dozens of women this way. It's apparently really tempting.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phlegmish posted:

There was a Dutch guy who impregnated dozens of women this way. It's apparently really tempting.

Guy in Texas as well.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Phlegmish posted:

"my milk is fortified with what the world wants, what the world deserves"

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

syscall girl posted:

No that's the one where Bruce Campbell is the devil and he just wants to have a normal looking baby with a human, so he has sex with a whole bunch of women but all the foetuses start developing horns so he causes them to miscarry.

There are two episodes about people loving with IVF clinics: 'Eve' (where one IVF doctor was using her eggs for everything) and 'Small Potatoes', where a janitor at an IVF clinic who cold take the appearance of anyone was tricking patients into having sex with him. He used to have a tail, and all the babies are born with tails too.

Now that I write this out, I realise that X-Files is pretty drat rapey

edit: there's also the episode 'The Great Mutato' where a deformed mutant guy that loves Cher goes round town drugging and raping women and then Mulder and Scully take him to see Cher in concert as a reward or something.
'Home' is the episode with the inbred hillbilly family that all have sex with their quadriplegic mother and all their sperm combines to make super deformed babies that they kill and bury in the yard. Jesus Christ...

Quote-Unquote has a new favorite as of 12:00 on Dec 15, 2017

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

I have remembered another x-file: the one where the cannibals all get hosed up on prions because they ate a reporter or something.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Volcott posted:

I have remembered another x-file: the one where the cannibals all get hosed up on prions because they ate a reporter or something.

There's another one where an entire town (esp. the football team) gets whacked out on bovine hormones from milk.

My personal fave is the one where they get trapped by a giant underground mushroom. Oh, and the holiday one where they meet Ed Asner and Lily Tomlin in a special murder suicide.

Most of X-Files is crap but there are some diamonds in the midden.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Quote-Unquote posted:

No that's the one where Bruce Campbell is the devil and he just wants to have a normal looking baby with a human, so he has sex with a whole bunch of women but all the foetuses start developing horns so he causes them to miscarry.

There are two episodes about people loving with IVF clinics: 'Eve' (where one IVF doctor was using her eggs for everything) and 'Small Potatoes', where a janitor at an IVF clinic who cold take the appearance of anyone was tricking patients into having sex with him. He used to have a tail, and all the babies are born with tails too.

Now that I write this out, I realise that X-Files is pretty drat rapey

edit: there's also the episode 'The Great Mutato' where a deformed mutant guy that loves Cher goes round town drugging and raping women and then Mulder and Scully take him to see Cher in concert as a reward or something.
'Home' is the episode with the inbred hillbilly family that all have sex with their quadriplegic mother and all their sperm combines to make super deformed babies that they kill and bury in the yard. Jesus Christ...

And the guy who played the tailed- IVF Clinic janitor was Darin Morgan, who also played the Flukeman, and wrote some really good X-Files episodes, like Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

reposting this hilarious story from page 2

edit: I'll try to find this hilarious "man forces woman to suck his dick at knife point" story I have stored somewhere

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:barf: I'm going gay now. Don't try and stop me ladies.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

:barf: I'm going gay now. Don't try and stop me ladies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zIDgPVg9HM

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

syscall girl posted:

Most of X-Files is crap but there are some diamonds in the midden.

My favorite was Jose Chung's From Outer Space, which featured Jesse Ventura and Alex Trebek as men in black. That was a trip.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

ultrafilter posted:

My favorite was Jose Chung's From Outer Space, which featured Jesse Ventura and Alex Trebek as men in black. That was a trip.

There was a follow-up to that episode on Millennium that was really very good, too.

Millennium seems to be underrated in general, these days.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/JordanFreiman/status/941669450079723520

https://twitter.com/petersterne/status/941904946873667584

https://twitter.com/jilliancyork/status/396292855901069312

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Why do they always go for the display name and not the handle? They go far enough to check out their bios but don’t click on links to their work!

This is like when Eric Garland called me a Russian hiding behind a fake name because I had a Halloween display name even though my handle is my real name!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

My favorite Eric Garland moment was when Nintendo Harold, @911victim, tweeted “suck my pussy” at him and he replied with this:

https://twitter.com/ericgarland/status/915021348749086722

The fact that this guy has any credibility is extremely disorienting to me

Punished Chuck has a new favorite as of 17:07 on Dec 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

My favorite Eric Garland moment was when Nintendo Harold, @911victim, tweeted “suck my pussy” at him and he replied with this:

https://twitter.com/ericgarland/status/915021348749086722

The fact that this guy has any credibility is extremely disorienting to me

The other account got suspended, so I guess he won. :smith: