Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Locator posted:

Divination cards and essences didn't exist when I played. I have like 14+ tabs full of random gear that I kept.

I assume when you start in a league you do not have access to any of your stuff in your tabs, or is that incorrect?

Yeah, you're essentially starting over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

AegisP posted:

How the hell do you prices things now:

After finally being comfortable with pricing regular items, they add Shaped/Elder items :eng99:

what do you want for that

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

anyone here experience a hell of a lot of slowdown/CPU churn when playing poe and listening to/watching youtube or twitch at the same time? I know it used to be better for me but damned if I can remember what made that work. My machine is pretty beefy too.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Ciaphas posted:

anyone here experience a hell of a lot of slowdown/CPU churn when playing poe and listening to/watching youtube or twitch at the same time? I know it used to be better for me but damned if I can remember what made that work. My machine is pretty beefy too.

I had this until I went from 8gb to 16gb ram, because PoE chugs a lot of ram loading/unloading zones and assets.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

I sometimes do, but it's intermittent as hell. Normally a good sign that it's time to restart my computer though.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

The Locator posted:

I assume when you start in a league you do not have access to any of your stuff in your tabs

Yeah, that's kind of the whole point - everyone starts fresh on equal footing :)

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Figured out it's because I switched from Chrome to the new Firefox in the interim, and Firefox still loving sucks at video even with h264ify. Back to Chrome :v:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Do Sulphur flasks not drop anymore or am I just really really unlucky?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Unlucky. I have at least 4.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Ok so am I right in thinking that the idea of PoE is that you basically are encouraged to make a new character for each league and try out cool poo poo/build towards something awesome (while building up currency for your next character) as opposed to other games you'd get to the endgame and just grind with the same character over and over making numbers bigger?

Sorry if this is a really obvious thing - a lot of the thread is pretty impenetrable to a newbie!

Online ARPGs have been fashioned around leagues/seasons since D2, each iteration moving further towards that direction of rerolling a new character from time to time, in contrast to having a persistent character like what you'd do in an MMO. There are people who like to play a single forever character in these games and stack gear up to infinity in standard but for the most part you'll be better off playing leagues.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Elentor posted:

Online ARPGs have been fashioned around leagues/seasons since D2, each iteration moving further towards that direction of rerolling a new character from time to time, in contrast to having a persistent character like what you'd do in an MMO. There are people who like to play a single forever character in these games and stack gear up to infinity in standard but for the most part you'll be better off playing leagues.

My ARPG experience is basically Diablo and offline Diablo 2, then some Titan Quest and a lot of Torchlight 2 so I wasn't really up on the whole league thing. The pointers are super helpful though.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

AegisP posted:

How the hell do you prices things now:

After finally being comfortable with pricing regular items, they add Shaped/Elder items :eng99:

Seeing as GC mines are rather popular I would guess that's worth "a lot"

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Any chance of getting a guild invite for Schwaack?

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Anyone have a spare tabula rasa? I desperately need one

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Schwack posted:

Any chance of getting a guild invite for Schwaack?

Greetings fellow TFF goon.

Guild's full.

Pastry Mistakes posted:

Begging for 10c item seems kinda skeevy.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Pastry Mistakes posted:

farm blood aqueducts in act 9 for humility cards

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

interrodactyl posted:

farm blood aqueducts in act 9 for humility cards

Play the game? What???

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im really sad we didnt have space in the guild for that dude

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

It's decent, but with no life and no resistances on it, it's not in 'shitload' tier. I bought a very similar helmet with 60 life and a mid-tier resistance for 30c on HC. It didn't have damage to spells, which is something, but again, the lack of any defensives is a bummer. It does have an open enchantment slot (but I dunno if it's a suffix or a prefix), which is a thing. In HC, I'd price it around 30c. In SC, I have no idea.

It has a suffix free.

Holyshoot posted:

what do you want for that

I've no idea. On Hardcore Abyss, PoETrade for similar shaped helms is all over the map, anywhere from 30 to 150c, though not that large of a sample size of items to draw from . But I know next to nothing about mines, and no other helmet rolled damage to spells.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

whypick1 posted:

Greetings fellow TFF goon.

Guild's full.

Begging for 10c item seems kinda skeevy.

I'm level 30 asking for help with one item people throw vaal at and then ditch after the corruption mod sucks.

So skeevy

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

:capitalism:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Pastry Mistakes posted:

I'm level 30 asking for help with one item people throw vaal at and then ditch after the corruption mod sucks.

So skeevy

you beg for tabulas a month in not week 1

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
im quitting for a month and coming back

gently caress i'm gonna get purged if i try that, huh

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Awesome! posted:

you beg for tabulas a month in not week 1

Nigga I don't even know what today is, let alone when this league began.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Nobody -needs- a tabula while leveling and they don't need to beg for one instead of buying either.

On another note, casual 7 link one hander seems good

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Also maybe I should pick up some poet's pens https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OALK7i0aJnE

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Pastry Mistakes posted:

So skeevy

If by 'ditch' you mean 'sell for 10 - 15c~', then I guess that's accurate.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Supporter Packs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2uPUP8X-kU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO8VwdxSJEs

e: interesting, they're both $60, and none of the items are shared except the soundtrack...

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
ABYSSAL PACKS ARE OUT AND THEY'RE loving SIIIICK NAAAASSSTTYY

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Nobody -needs- a tabula while leveling and they don't need to beg for one instead of buying either.

My sabo last league was never able to get a 6l armor that was worth a drat, so frankly the tabula was my end game piece as it was the only thing that let me glacial cascade. So yeah, I don't ~~neeeed~~ it, I just would prefer it so this game doesn't feel like such a terrible dumb slog. I don't exactly have a a lot of free time to grind my rear end off.

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

If by 'ditch' you mean 'sell for 10 - 15c~', then I guess that's accurate.

Last league I saw a poo poo ton of them sitting in the stash, so no I don't mean "sell"
Either way, a friend is getting me one from his guild so it's no big deal.

---
I'm kind of wondering if this patch that's being deployed right now is in response to the massive power creep that's occurred. It's insane seeing some of the poo poo that's now capable.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Pastry Mistakes posted:

Last league I saw a poo poo ton of them sitting in the stash, so no I don't mean "sell"

Towards the end of the league, sure.

quote:

I'm kind of wondering if this patch that's being deployed right now is in response to the massive power creep that's occurred.

lol, no. It's all bug fixes. Any power creep from elder/shaper items is here to stay for at least this league.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Magus42 posted:

e: interesting, they're both $60, and none of the items are shared except the soundtrack...
well thats not fair

i think the lich one is cooler overall. the imp one only looks cool if you are looking at it straight on.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Well that's a fun start to the league:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

sorry but that guy up the thread called dibs on it

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Jinnigan posted:

ABYSSAL PACKS ARE OUT AND THEY'RE loving SIIIICK NAAAASSSTTYY

goatse

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

it does have a fat rear end

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Also maybe I should pick up some poet's pens https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OALK7i0aJnE

I really want to do that build. I bought a lightpoacher, but it seems cheap. It's the pens!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

AegisP posted:

It has a suffix free.

I've no idea. On Hardcore Abyss, PoETrade for similar shaped helms is all over the map, anywhere from 30 to 150c, though not that large of a sample size of items to draw from . But I know next to nothing about mines, and no other helmet rolled damage to spells.

I play soft core so rip. I would say look at what 6l tremor rods go for and price around that. Do note the additional mine is like 33% damage.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

I play soft core so rip. I would say look at what 6l tremor rods go for and price around that. Do note the additional mine is like 33% damage.

Thanks for the comparison!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I had a hard time deciding but I went with the Abyssal Lich Supporter Pack. Good packs, finally. If I didn't already have the breach portal I would have gone for the other pack.