Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So when's the next big infusion of hearts? Emiya is a hungry boy who is gonna be stuck at 60 forever at this rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Saber Wars has 19, IIRC.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Retcon posted:

The boss of D‘Eons interlude is a bit ridiculous. He had no chance of killing me since I went in with a support Tamamo and my own Medea Lily, but even Scathach firing off a God Slayer enhanced NP barely put a dent in his HP.
I'm not sure if this was better or worse, but I just completed this one with Medea/Hans and a Support Tamamo (with a level 10 Fox Wedding) and kind of had a fun time? Sure you're only able to do damage with Rule Breaker, but she can spam it at a rate that made it rather methodical. And if it could be lined up with Hans' buffs and Fox Wedding it got fairly close to 100k.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Just like in real life, Maximilian Robespierre is extremely weak to Madame La Guillotine.

Bring Charlie-Brown Sanson and let ol’ Chuck do his job.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

I'm not sure if this was better or worse, but I just completed this one with Medea/Hans and a Support Tamamo (with a level 10 Fox Wedding) and kind of had a fun time? Sure you're only able to do damage with Rule Breaker, but she can spam it at a rate that made it rather methodical. And if it could be lined up with Hans' buffs and Fox Wedding it got fairly close to 100k.
Medea's main gimmick being that she stabs people a lot with her NP (at least that's what I use her for) will never stop being funny to me, especially considering how Rin deals with her in UBW.

tokomon
Aug 23, 2007

:3: SCALE ITCH :3:

Sophism posted:

Also, Phantom's interlude... what?

CHRISTINE!

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Retcon posted:

Medea's main gimmick being that she stabs people a lot with her NP (at least that's what I use her for) will never stop being funny to me, especially considering how Rin deals with her in UBW.

Please next year give us Saber Santa Medea with an enormous Rule Breaker for her regular weapon

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Gyra_Solune posted:

Please next year give us Saber Santa Medea with an enormous Rule Breaker for her regular weapon

Yule Breaker

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Do i dare try to roll for umu or Waver? I could really use some more black keys.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Worth noting that Nero will get a rate up during Saber Wars in January maybe. And Waver will of course have to share this banner with Altera. I think one could roll for just him during the Chaldea Boys event which is after valentine's?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Worth noting that Nero will get a rate up during Saber Wars in January maybe. And Waver will of course have to share this banner with Altera. I think one could roll for just him during the Chaldea Boys event which is after valentine's?

He'll most likely share that rate-up with Amakusa. I don't believe he ever got a second solo rate-up in JP.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'd call that a better rateup combo than with Altera, at least.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm kinda done rolling for a little bit anyway; i've gotten some very strong/cute/cool characters by rolling on various banners but only exactly once did i get the one i actually wanted.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Save it for her (Jalter)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

a kitten posted:

Do i dare try to roll for umu or Waver? I could really use some more black keys.
I rolled once for waver and instead got nero, which I'm ok with.

Is bride nero a big upgrade over regular nero when she come around? Tamamo/Jeanne/Nero is almost as much immortal bullshit as Tamamo/Jeanne/Waver

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I rolled once for waver and instead got nero, which I'm ok with.

Is bride nero a big upgrade over regular nero when she come around? Tamamo/Jeanne/Nero is almost as much immortal bullshit as Tamamo/Jeanne/Waver

Bride Nero is not even the same character. Normal Nero is a durable generalist attacker who doesn’t die and uses all her cards thanks to IP. Bride Nero is a buffer who helps herself or other allies do a ton of damage in short periods. They can work together but they actually aren’t an upgrade over each other.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

London release will bring NP strengthen quests for Medea, Hans, Vlad, TamaCat, and Mephisto.

The Atlas, Mage's Association, and Battle Suit mystic codes will be permanently added.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Now that we have our new diving suit, we can access the secret half of Okeanos. :v:

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
I am SO excited to have access to order change. I honestly think it should be a default feature in this game

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

LightningSquid posted:

I am SO excited to have access to order change. I honestly think it should be a default feature in this game

What are the strats for that? Do skill cooldowns keep ticking down when they're in the back row?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't think so? But the most basic cheese strat is using in to jam in more buff stacking.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Randallteal posted:

What are the strats for that? Do skill cooldowns keep ticking down when they're in the back row?

Nope, everything about the servant is frozen while they're in the back. Skill cooldowns, buffs/debuffs, it all freezes.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
There are a lot of tricks you can do with it. It's handy for farming teams, it's great for gimmick setups where you stack like 3 support units worth of buffs onto a single character, and it's just a generally handy skill for adapting to situations. The stun on demand skill is a lifesaver often too, that one extra turn can make all the difference.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I decided to start dumping the quartz I've been saving up on the singularity banners and London, since it has a lot of Servants i want.

Managed to get Liz on the first 10 roll, which was one of my goals, did another, got...nothing much, and did a final 10 roll and had Waver and Alexander show up together. My first 5*! :toot:

I'll drop some more tomorrow and see if I can get the gay pirates to appear. Then the rest goes towards Fran Summoning.

escape mechanism
Feb 12, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

It's about an unnatural heatwave occuring in Chaldea during Christmas and having to go to the Netherworld to find out what happened and how to fix it, AFAIK.

That's a Touhou plot if I ever heard one.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'm starting to really like Nursery Rhyme and her crit caster gimmick.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Marogareh posted:

I'm starting to really like Nursery Rhyme and her crit caster gimmick.

Nursery Rhyme is a good book and remains one of the best attack Casters in Japan even today. The defense down on her NP is good stuff.

"Attack Casters" can struggle in general due to the attack stat tax they take, but some of them like Rhymes can still do work if they can get stars.

Crasical posted:

Managed to get Liz on the first 10 roll, which was one of my goals, did another, got...nothing much, and did a final 10 roll and had Waver and Alexander show up together. My first 5*! :toot:

Liz is going to be loving great once her Strengthening Quest goes live, and Waver never really stops being relevant as a support, so :toot: grats!

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
No Erishkigal but I got CasGil and my second Medusa Lily from the 10-pull, so I'm pretty happy. I'm still leveling Circe so Gils gonna be on the back burner for a bit though.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

90 quartz for an Ereshkigal.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I almost yelled at you until I realized that it was 30 pulls, not a single (paid) pull from GBF.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Dang, I did a couple ten pulls on Waver's banner and no Waver but I did get two more kaleidoscopes, so that's a pretty good deal.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Hate-Senpai posted:

I almost yelled at you until I realized that it was 30 pulls, not a single (paid) pull from GBF.

Well, three 10-pulls but yeah.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I got no pulls because they won't give quartz

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm assuming of those three Mystic Codes, the battle suit is the one to level up first?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

I'm assuming of those three Mystic Codes, the battle suit is the one to level up first?

I don't know what's available on NA but on JP I like the Atlas one that has the skill to advance skill charge 2 ticks. Because nothing you can do is stronger than re casting a max Merlin's buffs 2 turns earlier.
Edit: Looks really lame though.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
But with Combat Suit you can have Merlin + Waver buff a dude then immediately swap in a 2nd Merlin for even more buffs.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Okay, who has two merlins tho

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Combat suit is by far the best, regardless of goons talking up their lovely favourite mystic codes. But as with servants you can make a lot of stuff work and the game isn't that hard that you can't just go with the one that looks the best.

genericnick posted:

I don't know what's available on NA but on JP I like the Atlas one that has the skill to advance skill charge 2 ticks. Because nothing you can do is stronger than re casting a max Merlin's buffs 2 turns earlier.

Pretty sure that recasting your max Merlins buffs immediately is stronger.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Wuxi posted:

Pretty sure that recasting your max Merlins buffs immediately is stronger.

Needs a lot of Merlins though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Go with whatever works for your team gimmick that you like. Most of them won't be maxed for a long time.