Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Is there a big, chill trade guild that's favored by goons? I'd love to be able to sell some stuff, and have a longer list of guildmates to teleport around to.

Trustworthy fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Dec 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

How hosed am I if I've been splitting my level up rewards among stam/health/magicka kinda willy nilly.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

jokes posted:

How hosed am I if I've been splitting my level up rewards among stam/health/magicka kinda willy nilly.

Not hosed. I think at max level it's 4000gold to respec, which is nothing honestly, can make that by doing daily random and pledges.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Remember, you can totally spec wrong if you want.

It just makes it way harder on you for no reward.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

jokes posted:

You can respec everything but your class and race

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

I think you can change your race with crowns

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Class and faction are locked forever iirc

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

class and faction are the 2 things that are forever.

TheBoat
Aug 25, 2017
So how do I go about getting an invite the guild? Also if anyone can help me with crafting that'd be cool. IGN: knightship

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

FactsAreUseless posted:

You can respec everything but your class and race

So what can I change and what do I need to do so? I'm level 15 so I could just redo if it's gonna cost me Real US Dollars.

Like they sell an Attribute respec scroll for 700 crowns. And a skill respec scroll for 700 crowns. Are those also attainable via gold? Because I have like 14k gold at this point.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

jokes posted:

So what can I change and what do I need to do so? I'm level 15 so I could just redo if it's gonna cost me Real US Dollars.

Like they sell an Attribute respec scroll for 700 crowns. And a skill respec scroll for 700 crowns. Are those also attainable via gold? Because I have like 14k gold at this point.

There are respec shrines in every faction capital that use gold, yes.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

jokes posted:

SplitSoul posted:

There are respec shrines in every faction capital that use gold, yes.
They are also pretty cheap to use too.
Basically never, ever, ever spend Crowns/money to respec your character's skills/attributes.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

So uh, I tried out the conventional wisdom of the thread and tried respeccing all my points into my main stat (stamina), and I went and ran through one quest and then immediately changed it back, because all stamina loving sucked and I died like 5 times doing one easy quest. I couldn't take a punch and I never had enough magicka to heal myself.

I've been running an extremely effective hybrid build for solo adventuring. I'm a templar with heavy armor and a two-handed sword. I was going for a "holy paladin" theme; sort of a rugged semi-tank with a little bit of spellcasting/healing to augment my fighting skills. My build is 5 points magicka, 15 points health, dump the rest in stamina (21 points now). It rules, and I've been kicking rear end up and down Tamriel, and I'm mad at this thread for making me think I should change it.

You guys owe me 4,100 gold.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Nerd Of Prey posted:

So uh, I tried out the conventional wisdom of the thread and tried respeccing all my points into my main stat (stamina), and I went and ran through one quest and then immediately changed it back, because all stamina loving sucked and I died like 5 times doing one easy quest. I couldn't take a punch and I never had enough magicka to heal myself.

I've been running an extremely effective hybrid build for solo adventuring. I'm a templar with heavy armor and a two-handed sword. I was going for a "holy paladin" theme; sort of a rugged semi-tank with a little bit of spellcasting/healing to augment my fighting skills. My build is 5 points magicka, 15 points health, dump the rest in stamina (21 points now). It rules, and I've been kicking rear end up and down Tamriel, and I'm mad at this thread for making me think I should change it.

That is strange, I am doing stamina Templar that dual wields and wears mostly medium armor, and have no issues surviving. I morphed all my combat skills to use stamina, keeping just healing related skills to magicka, and I could even queue as a healer without much issues.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Rollersnake posted:

New Life Festival is here! And it's absolute poo poo, same as it was last year.

If you don't care about the achievements and just want to get some gift boxes with the least effort involved:

*You can do each quest once per day. War-Orphan's Sojourn and Trial of Five-Fingered Guile (if you're good at opening chests) are the two least time-consuming quests. Stonetooth Bash and Fishboon Feast are the most tedious ones.
*It's random which quest Breda will give you each time you talk to her. So just cancel out of the conversation with Breda until she offers one of the less lovely ones.

If you DO care about the achievements, don't have an inventory full of stolen stuff when you do the one where you throw mudballs at the faction leaders, because you will get a bounty and probably die.

I'm pretty disappointed that it's the exact same set of quests. I know you can get furnishings this time, obviously, but it's not really enough for me to do the stupid signal fire run again.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The SkyShards addon straight-up will not work for me. It just doesn't place any icons on the map. I've messed with settings, manually downloaded some of its libraries, etc. Any ideas?

Edit: It appears to be entirely icon-based. The icons just don't show on the map. If I move my mouse over where they should be, the tooltip still pops up.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Nerd Of Prey posted:

There's no reason to have points in your off pool (like magicka if you're stam) but something like 10-15 points in health isn't totally uncommon for endgame just cause a lot of players like to hit roughly ~18k health no matter what for raid or vet dungeon content but really, shouldn't be having an issue while just leveling.

Sounds more like the issue of the abilities being used, as you probably don't have all the passives that make the differences between armor noticeable. Like, 5 Magicka points isn't going to amount to much in the scheme of things, like at most one more extra self heal? (maybe)

Ignoring the obvious if you're stam DPS you should be using mostly medium armor to make the most of it, what is your build ability / passive like?

Edit: Sometimes there are reasons to put in points in your off pool but this is only for end game builds for tanks which are usually super specific depending on your gear load out. Tanks usually have the most build variety to fit preference but even then I've tanked most (non-DLC) vet HM dungeons with my stam dps character that has all their points in stamina and just make up for it with a set of heavy armor I can throw on in a key stroke with an add-on.

If just looking tanky is what you want there's plenty of medium motifs that look "heavy" that I or someone else could whip up for you I'm sure.

Also tried to look up an in game name but couldnt find one, I can send you 4100 gold if it's that big of a deal, and 4100 gold again once you come to your senses.

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Dec 15, 2017

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Speaking of which, 2H stam is pretty rough until you get rally which is a stamina self heal. Magicka self heals aren't great cause they scale off your spell power and magicka pool which are never going to be great unless you're pulling some weird poo poo doing twice the effort for half the return.

PvP is a bit more complicated but for PvE your off pool is basically utility skills (buffs)

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

FactsAreUseless posted:

The SkyShards addon straight-up will not work for me. It just doesn't place any icons on the map. I've messed with settings, manually downloaded some of its libraries, etc. Any ideas?

Edit: It appears to be entirely icon-based. The icons just don't show on the map. If I move my mouse over where they should be, the tooltip still pops up.

The icons don’t show for me but it does come up on mouseover so I’ve been mousing back and forth on the map hoping I’m not missing something

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Snowy posted:

The icons don’t show for me but it does come up on mouseover so I’ve been mousing back and forth on the map hoping I’m not missing something
That's my exact situation too. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Mine works fine, do I dunno what y'all did to break it.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Weird yeah skyshards works fine for me, you don't get any LUA errors on login right?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

MF_James posted:

Weird yeah skyshards works fine for me, you don't get any LUA errors on login right?
Nothing. And it works fine otherwise. I've checked the settings, it's up to date, no errors pop up. I cleared the shader cache to see if that would restore the textures, and I'll try it again just in case.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm assuming it's something to do with the addon assuming your graphics settings are different than mine, but I have no idea which setting.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Does full-screen and borderless make any difference?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Griffon posted:

Does full-screen and borderless make any difference?
Can't imagine why it would, but I am windowed, so let me try it.

Edit: Nope. Which is kind of a relief, because I would have been extremely agitated and confused if it worked.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Yo can I get a guild invite @DadRocks

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

i finally did maelstrom arena and it turns out it's insanely easy until the near-end steroid argonian boss who just... randomly does a scream thing that kills you instantly, every time you fight it. cool

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
If that's the same fight I'm thinking of, you need to stay inside the magic barriers the other enemies in the arena put up to survive the scream.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Or just bash him. He will do the scream when the minders are dead already so you have to know to do that.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

How do you all do medium armor stam anyway? Right now I'm trucking full medium because I'm reliving the first and possibly only good MMO experience I've ever had; stealthing around the world in the WoW beta, but I'm noticing that my survivability is so and so as I'm nearing 50. Do you run full medium? Some heavy? Switch it out?

MF_James
May 8, 2008

What class are you? Typically for PvE you're going to run all medium as a stam dps, though there's an exception or two.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

DK dual wielding. Just happened to overhear some armor chat earlier, but I didn't catch the gist of it.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Black Griffon posted:

DK dual wielding. Just happened to overhear some armor chat earlier, but I didn't catch the gist of it.

On stam DK you'll either run 7 medium, 6 med/1 heavy or 5/1/1 medium/heavy/light depending on preferences due to the Undaunted Mettle passive you'll unlock later. This also depends on whether you want a little more health and resources or more crit. Also, come pvp with the Chill Bros to get yourself Vigor, the must-have and best stamina-based heal in the game. Until then, you can use Green Dragon Blood from the Draconic Power line to help you out a bit. Not as strong as something like Vigor, but pretty useful in it's own right.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I already started a high elf magplar, if I want to have a second character which class should I go if I want something that’s different from the magplar but also khajiit and generally op and easy?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Try stamsorc, stam DK, or stam Warden.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

On stam DK you'll either run 7 medium, 6 med/1 heavy or 5/1/1 medium/heavy/light depending on preferences due to the Undaunted Mettle passive you'll unlock later. This also depends on whether you want a little more health and resources or more crit. Also, come pvp with the Chill Bros to get yourself Vigor, the must-have and best stamina-based heal in the game. Until then, you can use Green Dragon Blood from the Draconic Power line to help you out a bit. Not as strong as something like Vigor, but pretty useful in it's own right.

Get accustomed to dodge rolling as well as that not only gets you out of red circles but provides a brief buff to damage mitigation. If you have your aoe dots up stuff around you will still be taking damage and dying as youre rolling out of dangers way.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Well it happened. I couldn't take not having the crafting bag anymore, so I've subscribed to this dumb game.

At least I can be a cool lizard person instead of a dumb lizard person like in EQ.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Thinking about comming back to this.

But god dammit they ruined my build.

:rip: 2hander sorc build :negative:

So how painful is it to re-spec?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

mauman posted:

Thinking about comming back to this.

But god dammit they ruined my build.

:rip: 2hander sorc build :negative:

So how painful is it to re-spec?

I'm leveling up a 2h stamsorc based on alcast's Deathstroke build. Seems to be going fine so far. What's your issue?