Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh gently caress, they broke the evolvable filter. What a pain in the rear end

E: oh, got a Ney though, neat. Already Green, dunno if I want to keep her that way, need to check all the options

McDragon fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Dec 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

McDragon posted:

Oh gently caress, they broke the evolvable filter. What a pain in the rear end

E: oh, got a Ney though, neat. Already Green, dunno if I want to keep her that way, need to check all the options

Green and blue are the best unless you have yog.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Weird, nobody is talking about the new awakenings.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndDragons/comments/7j0oeh/news_jp_version_125_first_batch_of_monsters_for/

Feed 297 plusses worth to selected limit-broken cards to get one of three ultimate awakenings (that depend on the card). Don't like the one you got? Another +297 will (probably) to fix that.

Hopefully more mons get the cloud resist one, because I really hate those loving clouds.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the new awakenings are interesting but I don't care for the roulette thing they're doing. I'll be more interested once they get added to things normally (or if they do I guess)

the super awakenings not working in multiplayer is a bummer for coop leads like bhunter (or for anyone looking to save some stamina)

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I'll care about the super awakenings when they start showering the NA players with as many +eggs as they do the JP players. While I do have some +eggs saved up (about 30x +297) I don't think I want to bet them all on the RNG giving me what I want. Plus I mostly play co-op these days (except for farming) so they're more or less useless to me.

*Edit*
Today's roll... Kiri #4! Dragon Annihilation Squad is one step closer to completion!

... :suicide:

AG3 fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Dec 13, 2017

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
holy gently caress bad luci formerly known as good lucifer is finally getting an awoken revolution

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Oh uh look - a second Li from free stones. Not complaining? Still not entirely sure I have the other cards to use her, but okay.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the new christmas stuff looks nice. I think xmas claiomh solais is the first monster to have double multi boosts?

still not gonna roll in it but getting fagan would be cool

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

Zo posted:

you guys finally got alt arena, now get ready to die to bs like this

https://clips.twitch.tv/SlipperySlickShingleChefFrank

Lol, I got this exact same situation in my solo attempt just now. Even with my beefy hp anublos team (48k hp) I still got ganked by Ibaraki. It really is a no-win situation unless you've got an hp multiplier.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
I'm pretty worn out with dungeons with 20 or 30 floors. I also wish there were more puzzle-type floors like Lakshmi or Lucifer instead of "well this guy has a zillion health, resolve, status shield, <color> immunity, damage void, and... and..." Or the incredibly predictable "here's a no-recovery dungeon with repeated pre-emptive gravities and attacks."

They're doable, but it's getting pretty old.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

the new christmas stuff looks nice. I think xmas claiomh solais is the first monster to have double multi boosts?

still not gonna roll in it but getting fagan would be cool

Well, they removed all silvers from the Xmas REM so that's a step in the right direction.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea true. hopefully they do that for all of them, tho I bet I'd just get a bunch of parvati dupes or something anyway if I tried rolling

I wonder if they're doing double multi boosts as a trade off for super awakenings? xmas claiomh solais is 6556/4185/636 in coop, which is a nice stat stick. let's see cthugha/bhunter double multi boost :v:

e: whoops parvati's a halloween thing

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 13, 2017

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Munkaboo posted:

Green and blue are the best unless you have yog.

Oh, that's convenient then. thank you

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
My last 4 ranking runs have started with 2 or less dark orbs. This is why I hate ranking dungeons.

Akiosan
May 21, 2005

We have to first get out of this bar, then the hotel, then the city, and then the country.

So I have been gone a long time. I have a good amount of old stuff and about 260k mp. To give you an idea of when I played last Pandora teams and Radra were pretty hot. I rolled 5 of the dragonbounds. Kulia, Kira x2, rathios, no6, and shazel. I was wondering if I should use any of these for a team or if I should get 300k mp and go for Odindra? I just would like a relatively high tier team to work for to do older content I never beat as well as new stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Akiosan posted:

So I have been gone a long time. I have a good amount of old stuff and about 260k mp. To give you an idea of when I played last Pandora teams and Radra were pretty hot. I rolled 5 of the dragonbounds. Kulia, Kira x2, rathios, no6, and shazel. I was wondering if I should use any of these for a team or if I should get 300k mp and go for Odindra? I just would like a relatively high tier team to work for to do older content I never beat as well as new stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

The meta has changed quite a bit since last time so just relax for a while to get used to the changes before you start planning on buying/rolling specific stuff.

If you have any combo leader that deals good damage (Anubis, Sakuya, Kushinada, etc) you just need to team with Diablos players to clear pretty much all *new* content and obliterate the old. That's the main advise I would give any returning player: team with Diablos friends.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Could anyone who has Scholarly God of Wealth Building, Ganesha, add me as a friend and put him up in a few? I just started an alt account since my Pixel with 8.1 Android is dead in the wata.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

WalrusWhiskers posted:

Lol, I got this exact same situation in my solo attempt just now. Even with my beefy hp anublos team (48k hp) I still got ganked by Ibaraki. It really is a no-win situation unless you've got an hp multiplier.

Naw this is all a player skill issue you see, Diablos has a shield on the LS so all you need to do is 8c while matching jammers with no fingers and a time debuff. Can't call yourself a good player until you can do that! :v:

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

isndl posted:

Naw this is all a player skill issue you see, Diablos has a shield on the LS so all you need to do is 8c while matching jammers with no fingers and a time debuff. Can't call yourself a good player until you can do that! :v:

wrong, that won't work.

it's also not as hard as you're making it out to be since you can use finger badge and 7x6 skyfalls a lot.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
Playing PAD and having a Pixel 2 sucks. Why can't they ever get on the loving update train? They make millions a day.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Munkaboo posted:

Playing PAD and having a Pixel 2 sucks. Why can't they ever get on the loving update train? They make millions a day.

japanese software company

that the game works as well as it does is a loving miracle

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I'm getting 131k-133k extremely consistently in like every ranking dungeon run and its frustrating me to no end.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Do you really have to just rush it with no actives and pray that you get good orb drops? That seems... not fun.

e: of course after complaining I manage to get a new high lol.

Good for 7.8%, that will probably hold.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Dec 14, 2017

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Hey cool I got a thing

So can I just pair her up with Diablos and a rainbow team or should I pair her up with another Ideal?

Edit:. Also what's a good assist for her?

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Dec 14, 2017

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

What’s the deal with monsters having their max lvl in blue?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Sockser posted:

What’s the deal with monsters having their max lvl in blue?

Blue means they can 'limit break' with a rainbow noel.

It gives you the chance to throw away 50 million XP for marginal increases on stats.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think you have to limit break something for it to qualify for super awakenings as well, tho we probably won't get those in na for a while

the eu facebook posted that greco-roman 3 is getting a godfest this weekend so you might wanna save your stones for that. first day they're paired with samurai 2 and the second they're with three kingdoms 2 (I'd roll on the first day, personally). then the christmas rem starts on monday

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

dwarf74 posted:

Blue means they can 'limit break' with a rainbow noel.

It gives you the chance to throw away 50 million XP for marginal increases on stats.

More stats = better.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
So I threw Sherias Roots onto Ideal as an assist for now. We'll see what glaring problems I have with her as I goof around in various dungeons. I'm not an endgamer though so it might not matter at all what I put on her.

Anyway she's fun so far. Pairing up with another Ideal seems.... ideal.... so far. 169x plus all the 7c subs is pretty crazy damage.

Aureliu5
May 28, 2016
Hi!

I’m looking for NA Rushana friends, like everyone and their dawg.

Meta seems to shift every other day now, but I run everything you get by playing for a couple of years and whaling a dollar a day, currently luring in Rushana friends with my almost maxed out exemplar of ”why we hoarded all those py dungeons for a lifetime”. :-)

Thank you!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
What the hell is the deal with the JP godfest? Rodin, Minerva, Cthuga, Shiva, and Kagu? Not a single blue mon (Ameno is a light mon in disguise). What?

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

trucutru posted:

What the hell is the deal with the JP godfest? Rodin, Minerva, Cthuga, Shiva, and Kagu? Not a single blue mon (Ameno is a light mon in disguise). What?

Most used leads :shrug:

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Is this Zeus dragon that drops from the one shot dungeon good for anything? Seems like a weirdly powerful dude to give as a reward.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
he's used to make super radra

which would have been important except the MP dragons aren't as OP as they were a year or two ago, also gungho is going to give away MP dragon parts in February

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Whoops, I updated my phone.

Nice devs you got here GungHo.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Ugh, my newbie friend rolled Ideal. Well, at least he now has a real impetus to Get Good and learn how to get higher than a 5 combo (he has been using Verdandi until now).

My instinct is that Ideal should pair with Diablos, is that correct?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

diablos and maybe uruka are the best 7x6 leads for ideal, tho uruka's more of a pair with light ideal than dark

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Tir McDohl posted:

Ugh, my newbie friend rolled Ideal. Well, at least he now has a real impetus to Get Good and learn how to get higher than a 5 combo (he has been using Verdandi until now).

My instinct is that Ideal should pair with Diablos, is that correct?

Diablos or another Ideal.

Also please post your friend's code so I can add another Ideal friend. There aren't many.

Mine is 356,144,389. I've been playing over 1,000 days and have a lot of cool stuff. I still need to skill up my Ideal but since arenas are now completely free for me it shouldn't take long to grind the piis for that.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I rolled once on both of my accounts. Two crystal eggs, two blonias... I guess it's better than the cerberus rider, cursed dragon and mechdragon I got on JP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Main: Nene, light Wisedragon, DMeta, garbage
Alt: Hestia, Sitri, garbage x3