Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

genericnick posted:

Needs a lot of Merlins though.

If you have one Merlin, you have two. OP card owners flock to each other.

Yeah, plug suit will always be more useful for a whale, with lots of high rarity cards to choose from, but bottom line is that none of the mystic code skills are unique (minus the skill cooldown one) and they aren't even better than standard servant skills. So the suit doesn't only give you a third skill of your choice, it gives you a full skillset of your choosing. And it works so well with turn-limited CEs, like this years new years CE, that gives a 1-turn taunt and invulnerability. And it allows to dodge situations like your Santa Alter getting instagibbed by an angry Camilla during the 50 AP Christmas quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Maxing a MC is arduous but I don't think it takes that long, all told. I had both that were available maxed out I want to say right before GUDAGUDA?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
They will max naturally... The game big enough for that to happen. I still stuck at lv 9 of the plugsuit in JP btw. Each suit have different exp cost .

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Maxing a MC is arduous but I don't think it takes that long, all told. I had both that were available maxed out I want to say right before GUDAGUDA?

:aaa::aaa::aaa::aaa::aaa::aaa::aaa::aaa:

You might be suprised by what you're going to find :allears:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So, just to put into context.

It will take 73 million exp for you to bring your MC from lvl 1 to lvl 130.

It will take 70 million exp to max each of the 3 Mystic Codes that come with London.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

It will take 70 million exp to max each of the 3 Mystic Codes that come with London.

Which is rougly 10x the exp you Need to max the starter mystic code. For each of them.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Pureauthor posted:

OK now the differences make sense, the first two MCs in NA were 7,660,000 and 8,950,000 respectively. I had falsely assumed that all MCs would have the same basic XP curve.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Those three have unusually huge XP costs. The rest are much faster to level.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Wanted to do one 10 roll, ended up burning all my 300 quarz. No kigal for me.
Edit: My poor impuls control is reason one I don't throw money at this game.
At least I maxed the 5* CE and it is actually decent.

genericnick fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Dec 15, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Eresh looks amazing (she even has classy ascension art instead of just removing more clothes) but her idle sprite makes my neck hurt just looking at it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Nate RFB posted:

OK now the differences make sense, the first two MCs in NA were 7,660,000 and 8,950,000 respectively. I had falsely assumed that all MCs would have the same basic XP curve.

The good news is levels have a minor effect and n those codes since 2 out of 3 skills on each (or all three on the Atlas don't gain in potency from level ups). The Association Uniforms heal and the BatkleSuit's Attack buff are the only skills influenced by Code level, the rest is just minor cool down reductions.

So levels on them are handy, but not crippling if you lack them.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

730 days to go

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

It’s the artstyle

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
I know there was already a joke about how Santa Saber Alter was cold but holy poo poo Altera

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Holy poo poo, Santa Altera's stats are out.

Single target 2000% Quick NP

QQAAB card layout

Partywide +20% NP gauge boost and improved star generation for 3 turns

+30% partywide NP and crit damage for 1 turn

Self pierce invuln, +600% star absorb, and +30% defense buff

It's like they made a character just for me. Is this my reward for being the only Altera fan for the longest time?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
lol her ascension material is "Santa's Mustache"

At any rate that seems pretty great for a welfare archer.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Holy poo poo, Santa Altera's stats are out.

Single target 2000% Quick NP

QQAAB card layout

Partywide +20% NP gauge boost and improved star generation for 3 turns

+30% partywide NP and crit damage for 1 turn

Self pierce invuln, +600% star absorb, and +30% defense buff

It's like they made a character just for me. Is this my reward for being the only Altera fan for the longest time?

I thought those were all single target buffs?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

genericnick posted:

I thought those were all single target buffs?

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Attila_the_San(ta)

Only the third one is single target, but it has a stun demerit after 3 turns.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Japan right now:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Attila_the_San(ta)

Only the third one is single target, but it has a stun demerit after 3 turns.

The first one is also single target.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Quick servant are getting some real support lately.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Related, but god drat do I hate browsing the wikia site because of all the obnoxious autoplay video ads. Finally figured out the other day that ScriptSafe blacklisting *.g00.wikia.com and whitelisting a couple of specific exceptions cleans it up astronomically.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

Related, but god drat do I hate browsing the wikia site because of all the obnoxious autoplay video ads. Finally figured out the other day that ScriptSafe blacklisting *.g00.wikia.com and whitelisting a couple of specific exceptions cleans it up astronomically.

There's another wiki that I think Reddit prefers to use. Here's the link: https://grandorder.wiki/Main_Page

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

genericnick posted:

The first one is also single target.

I looked at the JP datamine site and that says party-wide too.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

According to the screenshot, 1st skill affects Allies.

https://imgur.com/gallery/4aBE1

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
The screenshot says single target, not party wide.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I opened the App and checked. Single target.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I checked my chinese source. It seem your source confuse “pick any single target ” with “full party”.

Both first skill let her apply on anyone.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Pureauthor posted:

There's another wiki that I think Reddit prefers to use. Here's the link: https://grandorder.wiki/Main_Page
Yeah I use four different ones for various reasons (wikia, wiki, cirno, gamepress). The wikia is easier for example for looking up what interludes and strengthening quests a given servant has, when they get unlocked, and what is actually contained in the quests. Whereas cirno is far and away the best one for looking up info for events. Gamepress has lots of great numbers though very questionable analysis. And the wiki has what I would probably consider the best overall aesthetic and NP damage numbers.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Nyaa posted:

I checked my chinese source. It seem your source confuse “pick any single target ” with “full party”.

Both first skill let her apply on anyone.

That sucks and is depressing.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Whoops. I was confused if the debate was about Altera buffing herself or allies.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Alas, no Medusa Lancer or Eresh, just a hard-working king and a handful of Event CEs. Not a bad haul overall, but I'm ashamed I caved and spent 30 quartz on my main.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Yeah, all "Fandom" wikias have been going to hell lately. It's not just the ads; Fandom admins have decided video is the future, so they go around adding autoplaying videos to the top of popular pages without consulting the mods of those wikis. That's why there're stupid videos on pages like http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Gilgamesh that have nothing to do with FGO; no-one wants them, but no one's able to remove them.

That's why most of the FGO wikia mods quit and made https://grandorder.wiki/ instead.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Her skills don't seem that hot anyway, but her NP creating 20+ stars and having 10 hits is amazing, as are her passives with Riding EX and Independent Action A.

I can see her competing with Chloe and Kintoki, even though her skills are bad.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NRVNQSR posted:

Yeah, all "Fandom" wikias have been going to hell lately. It's not just the ads; Fandom admins have decided video is the future, so they go around adding autoplaying videos to the top of popular pages without consulting the mods of those wikis. That's why there're stupid videos on pages like http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Gilgamesh that have nothing to do with FGO; no-one wants them, but no one's able to remove them.

That's why most of the FGO wikia mods quit and made https://grandorder.wiki/ instead.
The best part is how often those videos get stuff wrong. The ones on the Fire Emblem wiki call Ike 'Eekay.'

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I know there was already a joke about how Santa Saber Alter was cold but holy poo poo Altera
The plot did mention a heat crisis...

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

63 quartz and eresh graced me.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

63 quartz and eresh graced me.

quelle surprise

e: the real surprise is that it took 63 quartz

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Dec 15, 2017

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Nyaa posted:

They will max naturally... The game big enough for that to happen. I still stuck at lv 9 of the plugsuit in JP btw. Each suit have different exp cost .

I maxed out the plugsuit yesterday. It takes a drat long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Oh lol, when does Vlad get his 2nd Interlude and his Legend of Dracula skill? I thought they would both come at the same time, so I've been pumping up Morph instead of Vampirism in anticipation.