Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

FizFashizzle posted:

See if you can look at the 11th and guess where downtown Asheville is.

Gonna go out on a limb here and say it's probably right where the map says "Asheville"

e: my doggo is a good doggo

Noctone fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Dec 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

botany posted:

no the greatest tweet is actually spookperson dunking on her in the comments

https://twitter.com/spookperson/status/941718788814266368

:drat:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

I mean you'd think she'd be OK with this because that would mean more children for her to lure to her gingerbread house

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I'm fairly certain Ann Coulter is the product of a secret government program to combine human and praying mantis DNA

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Calaveron posted:

I mean you'd think she'd be OK with this because that would mean more children for her to lure to her gingerbread house

I don't think any child is dumb enough to get lured by Ann Coulter

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Baronash posted:

The thing that continually frustrates me about gerrymandering is that this ought to be a solved problem. It's probably the clearest heuristic search problem I've ever seen.

Just smush them together into multi-member districts and be done with it, imo.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

It's really funny how easy it is to get by with limited french in actual france compared to in french canada. Like french in france is like 90% just english nouns and french verbs said in a french accent, compared to like montreal which is always ultra traditional french that seems as intentionally distant from english as possible.

It is explicitly trying to be as distant from English as possible. Outside of Quebec the francophones are far more chill though and routinely use English nouns and such for words that don't really exist in French.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

She could always date one of the losers who fawns over her, if she really cared.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Calaveron posted:

I don't think child-murdering cannibal witches deserve to be slandered by being compared to Coulter.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 15, 2017

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Crow Jane posted:

I'm fairly certain Ann Coulter is the product of a secret government program to combine human and praying mantis DNA

I think you mean the first loving actual WASP person to live. Unfortunately for her, she has nothing to feed off of and thus just sprays bile and hatred nonstop.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Andrast posted:

I don't think any child is dumb enough to get lured by Ann Coulter

“Want your boat, Georgie?' Ann Coulter asked. 'I only repeat myself because you really do not seem that eager.' She held it up, smiling. She was wearing a baggy silk suit with great big orange buttons. A bright tie, electric-blue, flopped down her front, and on her hands were big white gloves, like the kind Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck always wore.

"gently caress off you fascist," George said, looking into the stormdrain.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Chadderbox posted:

She could always date one of the losers who fawns over her, if she really cared.

I bet she has one of those dumb rules that the man has to make more money than the woman

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Robot Hobo posted:

I don't think child-murdrring cannibal witches deserve to be slandered by being compared to Coulter.

Listen I may grind kids bones for my bread but I’m not a loving monster like her

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

botany posted:

no the greatest tweet is actually spookperson dunking on her in the comments

https://twitter.com/spookperson/status/941718788814266368

This is so beautiful and perfect.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
The following tweet contains shocking material.

https://twitter.com/ylanmui/status/941722721590923264

Oh wait no.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I thought Ann Coulter was married to a gay man

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I have a very short list of people whose deaths I will actually celebrate and Coulter is up there. Icing on top if she dies alone.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Nosre posted:

hi friends, from a while back:

Conventional wisdom posted here all the time is that Gerrymanders break down in a strong wave, and Moore was a whopper of a wave. So how did it hold up so well? These are just extremely good gerrymanders, or something else going on?

This is a map of where black people live.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Rick Wilson dunked pretty hard too

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/941721976430723072

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Hollismason posted:

I thought Ann Coulter was married to a gay man

You're probably thinking of Michelle Bachmann

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

farraday posted:

Oh wait no.

Quelle shock

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Crow Jane posted:

I bet she has one of those dumb rules that the man has to make more money than the woman

I also feel like she KNOWS she's scamming them, and subsequently has no respect for anyone who falls for it. Anyone dumb enough to like her isn't worth it, or something like that.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

lol

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Chadderbox posted:

I also feel like she KNOWS she's scamming them, and subsequently has no respect for anyone who falls for it. Anyone dumb enough to like her isn't worth it, or something like that.

Tbf, that's basically the story of my romantic life as well.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

She is never alone through Christ Jesus

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Yeah but he's Jewish so.....

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

ReidRansom posted:

Rick Wilson dunked pretty hard too

Dude's kind of been on a roll this week, honestly.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

La Brea Carpet posted:

lol

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

La Brea Carpet posted:

Also, black

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Krispy Wafer posted:

Montreal is easy since everyone speaks English anyway. Even the Barnes & Noble hides all the French books in the basement and most of the movies are in English. The countryside of Quebec is like a worm hole into some rural french village that hasn't seen an Englishman in 100 years. Like you can be at the Quebec Wal-Mart just inside the border and nobody speaks Sam Walton's mother tongue. I'm in the cathedral of American exceptialism and I have to dig out, "excusemoi, Tylenol avec troi" Which was the only reason to go to the Quebec Wal-Mart back when they still sold that OTC.

Montreal is actually my nightmare for how things are set up. Lots of countries will have limited english speakers but all the signs and menus all have english translations for the important stuff, montreal is a place where everyone speaks english but all the signs and menus are near english free so you have to walk in every store and have the person at the counter walk you through all the information that is on all the signs like an idiot.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/funder/status/941540253093060608

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/941724260053274625

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Crow Jane posted:

Tbf, that's basically the story of my romantic life as well.

This explains why my "I'm dumb enough to be worth your time" come on never works well.

https://twitter.com/PeterAlexander/status/941725361666252800

OH god this will they or won't they is killing me! I can't wait for sweeps week!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Sometimes you are most alone when surrounded by people *All American Rejects plays softly in the distance*

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Krispy Wafer posted:

Republicans tend to think an informed electorate is the best one and if you only want informed people to vote then you need to discourage uninformed people. You do that by making it a 'little' tougher to vote. Ironically, if you expand the electorate, you get a lot of uninformed terrible Republican voters as well as uninformed terrible Democratic supporters. No one realized how big the untapped White vote was until Trump came along.

Had they known this, you would have seen Motor Voter booths at tractor pulls and you could have gotten your ID's made at pain clinics.
Hey 5 pages late but check out this bougie fascist gently caress. Declare your true allegiance, move to a gated community in the suburbs, and join your ilk that actually got Trump elected.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

Life begins at conception, therefore abortion is legally murder and has to be outlawed..etc.

Basically it's one of many ways they're trying to outlaw abortion, and contraceptives in general, by slowly undermining Roe. Also could be abused for avoiding taxes.

Hilariously, as Colorado found out when they proposed this last election, it makes woman drivers able to use HOV lanes with impunity.

Of course, the next step is to outlaw women working, driving, voting or speaking, so it's a moot point if we start that spiral, but it is funny to think about.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I thought symone Sanders was Bernie's comms director, was that in campaign only?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

This could be a decent idea, though I would be very surprised if it is able to represent minority interests even as well as the current system, but it's kind of parallel to the issue of gerrymandering. At the end of the day, you still need a way to split up districts, and doing it using a computer based system where you could easily summarize the selection criteria seems like the best way to do that.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/941726160857325568
https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/941725807797592069

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

farraday posted:

Oh wait no.

Ah, they were able to locate and extract his spine after all. That surgery was looking touch and go for a while, I’m glad Liddel Marco will pull through.

• Locked thread