Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

drunk leprechaun posted:

So a few years back I went to Utah @ BYU. Long story short I was sitting in the BYU student section and had snuck in beer in a water bottle. A few people down one kid turns to another and says "Do you smell beer?" the second responds "I don't know what beer smells like."

Basically what I'm saying is are you a Mormon student at BYU?

Real question is why did the kid know what beer smelled like, sounds like a sinner to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maxwells Demon posted:

I'll take whichever you're willing to let go with.

Come back Taggart-san...

It was his dream job. Stop being selfish.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

You know it’s Jorts Florida. Kiffin is too entertaining on Twitter

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So UGA did a thing and actually changed their student athlete substance policy: http://www.11alive.com/article/sports/ncaaf/a-new-future-for-uga-sports-how-new-rules-could-alter-how-athletics-handles-arrests/85-499574468

Previously, any arrest even if it was dropped in court counted as a violation. Now that has apparently been changed, which it is kinda crazy that a not guilty ruling or charges being dropped was still a violation. Kirby getting his way apparently.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Is weed a banned substance under the NCAA? If a school decided that their athletes could smoke and didn't test for it would they get in trouble?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Yeah it is a part of the agreement for the financial aid package. Schools have to agree to that via the NCAA or else they can't offer scholarships, even in recreational states.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

So UGA did a thing and actually changed their student athlete substance policy: http://www.11alive.com/article/sports/ncaaf/a-new-future-for-uga-sports-how-new-rules-could-alter-how-athletics-handles-arrests/85-499574468

Previously, any arrest even if it was dropped in court counted as a violation. Now that has apparently been changed, which it is kinda crazy that a not guilty ruling or charges being dropped was still a violation. Kirby getting his way apparently.

Michael Adams became flaccid last night mid-martials and wondered why.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
The NCAA is a terrible organization.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KKKLIP ART posted:

Yeah it is a part of the agreement for the financial aid package. Schools have to agree to that via the NCAA or else they can't offer scholarships, even in recreational states.

I think the only time the NCAA tests is before NCAA sponsored post season stuff. Otherwise I’m pretty sure they leave it to the schools and give them a lot of leeway for how they test and punish everything except PEDs

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

At the FBS level the NCAA pretty much has nothing to do with the games besides rule making right?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Hi, I'm very excited its bowl season eve

I'm setting a personal goal of watching every bowl this bowl season. Wish me luck.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Can someone post the pick em link I need to make my picks?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

an adult beverage posted:

Can someone post the pick em link I need to make my picks?

wa27 posted:

:siren: The bowl pick'em group is up! :siren:
http://games.espn.com/college-bowl-mania/2017/en/group?groupID=179464
password: goons

Like usual, it's confidence picks. 1 is the least confident, 41 is the most. You can change your picks and order right up until game time, so keep that in mind once the championship teams are known.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I am in for pick them, go Troy whatever the hells you are worth 39 points to me now!

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

I am in for pick them, go Troy whatever the hells you are worth 39 points to me now!

:stare: a most interesting choice

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Hell I got 37 pts on Duke, I'm not gonna judge.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

I think that's a solid points pick, troy is having their best season in school history and UNT is coming off a blow out loss.

Also lol @ that game being in the Superdome... poo poo's gonna be like 80% empty.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Something something something Troy winning in Louisiana.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm going to the Music City Bowl to see the True Wildcat destroy the weak, Pretender Wildcat

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Underdogs all the way. Crazy poo poo happens in bowl season.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

an adult beverage posted:

I think that's a solid points pick, troy is having their best season in school history and UNT is coming off a blow out loss.

Also lol @ that game being in the Superdome... poo poo's gonna be like 80% empty.

This is also UNT's best season and FAU basically destroyed everyone else this year

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Stagg Bowl motherfuckers!!! Let's go Crusaders

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bison off to a good start! Watch the FCS semifinals on ESPN2 you fools.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

wandler20 posted:

Bison off to a good start! Watch the FCS semifinals on ESPN2 you fools.

DIV III championship on ESPNU, as well.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bruce Anderson is handling Sam Houston State.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Lmao that turnover

E: "You can't have these unforced errors, forced or otherwise."

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

35-3 with 4 min to go in the 2nd half :stare:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Cnidario posted:

35-3 with 4 min to go in the 2nd half :stare:

Yeah, this is pretty lopsided. It's now 41-3 with :09 left in half.

e: God drat. N Dak St. is just controlling the game regardless of what side of the ball they're on.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 16, 2017

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

South land is a pretty weak conference, right? Sam Houston got blown out in similar fashion by JMU last year.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
We were a freak TD catch from a 5-0 final in the Stagg Bowl. So close.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Crotch Bat posted:

We were a freak TD catch from a 5-0 final in the Stagg Bowl. So close.

lol

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
what's that, touchdown number seven

gonna run out of gunpowder at this rate

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Dango Bango posted:

Underdogs all the way. Crazy poo poo happens in bowl season.

According to one of my uncles who was a degenerate gambler you used to be able to clean up betting nothing but underdogs in bowl games every year. Vegas/the betters have gotten smarter about it so it doesn't work anymore but he claims every Christmas gift he ever bought someone in the 70s/80s was paid for in free bowl money.

Same uncle is no longer a degenerate gambler but is a drunk and likes to tell stories, so I am not 100% sure this is actually true.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grittybeard posted:

According to one of my uncles who was a degenerate gambler you used to be able to clean up betting nothing but underdogs in bowl games every year. Vegas/the betters have gotten smarter about it so it doesn't work anymore but he claims every Christmas gift he ever bought someone in the 70s/80s was paid for in free bowl money.

Same uncle is no longer a degenerate gambler but is a drunk and likes to tell stories, so I am not 100% sure this is actually true.

Everybody has that one uncle who is shady as hell.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Celebration Bowl today at noon, Mother Fuckers

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hell yeah stagg bowl win raiders bithc

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

R.D. Mangles posted:

i'm going to the Music City Bowl to see the True Wildcat destroy the weak, Pretender Wildcat

Why are you going to watch your team lose?

Honestly though I'm not thrilled about this matchup. My only hope is Kentucky can get healthy and play like they did at the beginning of the year, because they were pretty banged up by the end. Also for Benny Snell to keep doing Benny Snell things. I forget the exact number but I saw somewhere that something like 75% of his yards were after contact this year.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Celebration Bowl is on ABC

e: now THAT'S a kick

Alaois fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 16, 2017

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Alaois posted:

Celebration Bowl is on ABC

e: now THAT'S a kick

Oh hey I wonder if ABC is going to NOT show the amazing HBCU bands again this year... :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scarf posted:

Oh hey I wonder if ABC is going to NOT show the amazing HBCU bands again this year... :jerkbag:

yeah that was some loving hot garbage last year but you get to hear them a bunch during the game

• Locked thread