Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

C-Euro posted:

I would watch the gently caress out of a Dune movie with the same aesthetic as BR2049. No I have not seen the 1984 Dune movie.

lynch's dune is the absolute sickest aesthetic and it would completely suck if they copied blade runner for the vaporwave idiot bros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Does this mean it has an actual unique plot

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
hoooooooly poo poo

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You know, i would've thought the 20 year right wing grift thing she's been running for 20 years would've paid off better for ol' Ann.

Glad the dying alone, unmourned and unloved thing is still right on track though.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
If nerds are really mad about Last Jedi I will probably really like it

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Am I the only one who thinks Coulter is trying to be funny rather than serious in that tweet. It's hard to tell because she is a loving goblin

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

weird Asian candy posted:

Man, working from home and dealing with dogs is so much better than working from work and dealing with humans :allears:

The human I work with pretty much never comes into the office but still manages to make dealing with him impossible. He's one of those incredibly talented developers with 0 interpersonal skills. Like, can't admit he's wrong on something and holds other people to standards he doesn't hold himself to. I've never worked with someone this awful before and dear lord is it tiring.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Am I the only one who thinks Coulter is trying to be funny rather than serious in that tweet. It's hard to tell because she is a loving goblin

She's trying to be funny but its too superficial to be justified as a "joke"

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Neil Armbong posted:

The human I work with pretty much never comes into the office but still manages to make dealing with him impossible. He's one of those incredibly talented developers with 0 interpersonal skills. Like, can't admit he's wrong on something and holds other people to standards he doesn't hold himself to. I've never worked with someone this awful before and dear lord is it tiring.

I know the feeling all too well. It really makes work miserable when you have to deal with your day to day drama on top of dealing with an adult who behaves like a self entitled child and is still employed because he is just really freaking good at what he does. It sucks so bad.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I finally had a good idea for a Christmas gift for my wife.

I really don't like repeating gifts but I'm 8.5 years into our marriage (over 10 in our relationship) and my creativity is already tapped.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Sudaorb/status/941722309974548481

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ehud posted:

I finally had a good idea for a Christmas gift for my wife.

I really don't like repeating gifts but I'm 8.5 years into our marriage (over 10 in our relationship) and my creativity is already tapped.

*Ehud watches eagerly as his wife opens her 9th Miami Dolphins shirt for Christmas*

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

here's your big green egg and PID and shop vac hose temperature regulation contraption, wife

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

i had a mean joke but ehud is cool so nevermind

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Yay I just dropped 700 bucks on car repair.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

*Ehud watches eagerly as his wife opens her 9th Miami Dolphins shirt for Christmas*

lol

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Whoa there buddy. I may have been banned from a couple bars downtown but I would never desecrate a holy place

I still dream about those sandwiches. My now wife worked there for like a year and they got to take home the fuckups or the sandwiches that got called in and the person was too drunk/high to remember to come get them.

Sams To Go was 🚮🚮🚮🚮

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

If it makes you feel any better, I still have no clue what I'm getting my wife. With the house next summer, we are doing a low key christmas and I just don't even know...

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

pubic works project posted:

Yay I just dropped 700 bucks on car repair.

Want to read someone drop over 3x that on a final fantasy unit?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7jmezv/a_whale_of_a_tale/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=user&utm_source=reddit

quote:

It was only $200. I can spare that. I haven't bought a video game in 6 years. I deserve it, I earned it.

Finally. I had Gilgamesh. I had maxed out all of my unit inventory. I had to spend time to fuse units, I got my first Excalibur that day as well as some other great TMRs. But I finally had the Genji Golve and I could now make Chizuru strong enough to share with others. She could DPS at 350 attack and more! I could beat all the content with ease using her and Luneth. Yeah, I spent $700, but I would stop now. I had enough. I didn't want to be caught spending money I shouldn't on a video game. It was enough.

Noctis, Prince of all Trades came along. I got greedy. I pulled again...another $300. I got off easy there. I was again in the lead. I was on top. I had the best attacker, best support, best all around at everything. I didn't need anything else.

It was my birthday. The Brave Frontier banner was back. The Scyth weilding Queen Elza was back. It was my birthday and I wanted Elza. This was the first double 5* banner I ever tried to pull on. This was the first banner I pulled on after the guaranteed 5* base for Rainbows was announced. It was my birthday and I had to have Elza. I have to get what I want on my birthday. I charged $1500 that day to get her.

I was sick of my actions. I de-linked my card again. I now had a balance of nearly $4000, including other non FFBE related purchases. I had to find a way to stop. I transferred the balance to a new, zero interest card. My family was going on vacation and I needed to be clear to help with expenses. I had some cash saved, I was paying down my debt slowly, I had a plan, I was still in control.

Wait....WTF did I just do?!?!

Did I just really spend $2500 to get a little animated piece of code? What is my wife going to think? What will my kids say? I tell them I don't have much money to spare, I dutifully split my paycheck 3 ways, household expenses, savings and my spending money. I can do what I want with my spending money. I just won't get anything for myself for a year or so, pay this back to my card a couple hundred at a time.

I have never spent more than $1000 on my wife at one time. I spent $16,000 on digital garbage in about a year. If she decides that she will not divorce me, I owe her more that I could ever repay. I am not playing anymore. I will not get Cloud. I will leave 500K lapis in an account that will stay idle. The "friends" I have will drop me as my days since last played increases. I will not get to beat Marlboro. I will not see how Chapter 2 plays out. I will not have any 7* units. FFBE is over.

I became a gambling addict over a game where there is no return, no reward, for spending my money.

I Flushed $16,000 down the toilet over a game.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

This year it's a framed picture of Jay Cutler's rear end

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
So a guy I used to work with and I were chatting the other day and he told me that he knew of a job opportunity and for me to send him is resume. So I did, it's a company in the industry but not a competitor of my current company. He told me today that he sent it over and told me the guys name. I realize that I recognize the name so I go to linkedin to figure out how, assuming I knew him through work channels.

I do.

He knows the manager that's two levels above me. How does he know him? They were loving roommates in college and have been best friends for decades.

I hope the guy has some bit of professionalism and doesn't tell my manager that my resume is out there.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If it makes you feel any better, I still have no clue what I'm getting my wife. With the house next summer, we are doing a low key christmas and I just don't even know...

Warren Sapp has some gift ideas....

Honestly, considering the house, I probably would've had her pick out one of those house upgrades and then wrapped up a thing to represent that.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Kalli posted:

Warren Sapp has some gift ideas....

Honestly, considering the house, I probably would've had her pick out one of those house upgrades and then wrapped up a thing to represent that.

Yeah but that's kinda a both of us thing ya know?

We usually go all out on Christmas, probably way more than we should so this is probably a good reason to scale things back a bit. Maybe I'll just get her some airpods and call it a day.

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog

Kalli posted:

The British election stuff is so good.

Like the major districts like that one have the podium set up way on one side of the stage because all the other clowncar candidates are also on stage but they want to keep them offscreen.

Lord Buckethead will one day reign supreme.

the prime minister having to stand next to and attempt to completely ignore lord buckethead has been one of the few highlights of 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

God drat....

Yeah that does make me feel better.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/EliStokols/status/941694898243239936?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Not a John Fox fan

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Joey Freshwater posted:

So a guy I used to work with and I were chatting the other day and he told me that he knew of a job opportunity and for me to send him is resume. So I did, it's a company in the industry but not a competitor of my current company. He told me today that he sent it over and told me the guys name. I realize that I recognize the name so I go to linkedin to figure out how, assuming I knew him through work channels.

I do.

He knows the manager that's two levels above me. How does he know him? They were loving roommates in college and have been best friends for decades.

I hope the guy has some bit of professionalism and doesn't tell my manager that my resume is out there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If nerds are really mad about Last Jedi I will probably really like it

Using your own logic aren’t you fated to be really mad about it? Or do you genuinely not consider yourself a nerd?

Have a seat. You’re a nerd Mel. It’ll be ok.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
There are a lot of folks unhappy with the movie. And it seems to be for basic movie reasons, not like, sperg-lord level inconsistencies. Still going to go see it theaters because doing that with friends is an experience, but my expectations are low.

Also TGIF my friends. I have a date tonight but I'm definitely going to be working late today because our company switched to a new accounting system. I'm in a video conference watching one of our managers try to learn and teach us the system in real time. This of course is cutting into me actually doing the work I need to get done. Just another high-octane day.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh hey, I needed some agita this afternoon, so here's the Guardian with an article on following around a UN observer on poverty in America.

This is a pretty good reminder on why the status quo is beyond unacceptable.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/dec/15/america-extreme-poverty-un-special-rapporteur

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

Using your own logic aren’t you fated to be really mad about it? Or do you genuinely not consider yourself a nerd?

Have a seat. You’re a nerd Mel. It’ll be ok.

I'm a dork, duh

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My company holiday party is tomorrow. Formal attire, open bar, lots of food, on the Seattle waterfront.

Going to be a blast.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Im leaving to see Star Wars in like an hour and a half and I just want sweet lasers and laser sword fights.

Plot, story, character development? This is Star Wars, my hopes are not high.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

My new office doesn't have a holiday party which is... weird. My old office blew it the hell out for their holiday party. Free lunch, half day, etc. New office is crickets.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I have a theory all the people mad don't actually understand the hero's journey mythos after spending three decades co-opting out of date critical theory to justify their space movie

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

My company used to go all out, but would do it on the day before christmas and have everyone come into work for it, and so many people took the day off, so at some point they just, to save some money, gave everyone the day off instead.

Which hey, that's good with me.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

My new office doesn't have a holiday party which is... weird. My old office blew it the hell out for their holiday party. Free lunch, half day, etc. New office is crickets.

My last company had their Christmas party during the middle of the day and they would take us out to lunch, but they had a strict alcohol policy that if we consume any during the party we could not come back to work, and would have to take vacation for the rest of the day if we wanted to get paid for it.

Where did they take us to lunch? A loving Winery.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Company party is tonight and I really would rather just stay home :negative:

I'm sure once I get there it will be fun but right now I just want to stay in some sweat pants and watch some movies with the fam.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Our company party is funny because a bunch of students bring their kids and there is a guy dressed as Santa giving presents to a bunch of Muslim kids and they don't care because gently caress yeah presents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
For our holiday party two weeks ago, my company gave us a half day, rented out all of Hard Rock Café in Chicago and covered all costs for food and booze. I lost count of how many bourbon & gingers I drank :feelsgood:

• Locked thread