Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
The cyclops should have a mod that adds a thresher blade to the front and allows you to drive over fish and send the energy right to the ship via the sub's bio-reactor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
I parked the Cyclops like two feet above the lava biome with the "gets energy from ambient heat" module to see how well that worked and it basically didn't.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Fuego Fish posted:

I parked the Cyclops like two feet above the lava biome with the "gets energy from ambient heat" module to see how well that worked and it basically didn't.
It's been ages since I could work up the :effort: to actually calculate the recharge rates (power off, over lava, no larva on you) for the thermal reactor. But it's wildly ranged from "90 minutes for ions. This is 'fine' according to the player base" to "Whoops the long known bug from experimental raised that to 300 minutes for Ions, 60 minutes for regulars. This is ALSO 'fine' according to the player base". Arguments defending it would spiral between "Just walk there with your prawn, you don't NEED the cyclops!" or "You're just too impatient to wait for your cyclops, which is super great and you need" based on what disagreed with you harder.

Last I timed such things, all the way back in *checks* late August, the thermal reactor had finally been set to a less asinine 7 Minutes to refill regulars, 33ish minutes for Ions.

Though again, that was provided you in the max temperature in the game containment facility caves, everything turned off, and no larva on you. The whole "Sea Dragons humping my engines off cyclops at the drop of a hat even if I drive it to a distant ceiling corner" deal made sitting in back eying the reactor readout quite the chore between being knocked 90 degrees regularly, until the whole thing caught on fire from being eventually pushed into terrain.

I would not be surprised if they nerfed it either deliberately or on accident again (The jump to "Literally 300 minutes" was a long known experimental bug ported over to live while claiming "We improved recharge rates by 50%"). But you need to go to the deep deep biomes with a prawn drill to even unlock it in the first place, and it's essentially useless outside of permanent ambient heat zones no matter how much people talk up "Just find a vent!" Which would take even longer given the fluctuating temperatures, and how many vents are inaccessible to the cyclops. So the thermal reactor is basically a moot point until you are already on your last push to the Thermal castle and Precursor facility anyways.

Unrelated power musings. I wonder if they ever fixed light sticks draining battery power? One chestnut was the Devs being surprised it still drained power because "But we changed the code! The code says it doesn't drain energy!". For something that takes all of 45 seconds to QA test "Is this draining battery, yes/no?" both in hand and planted on the ground.

EDIT: I'm just musing about how much actual honest to god Early Access Beta testing feedback I've done that's amounted to gently caress all. "Hey guys, you messed up up the reactor in the experimental build and now it takes THREE HUNDRED MINUTES to recharge. *two weeks later* "Oh cool new live build citing they fixed the reactor-wow, really?"

Listing patch notes should not sound like an April fools joke parody of sandbox game until people follow the link. My friends who are already very used to my specific cherry picking of gaming insanity still thought stuff like "Whoops 300 minute recharge times" was me making more exaggerated jokes than usual. But no, it's all real :shepface:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Dec 13, 2017

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
For a game this fun and addicting it is frustrating to see the same bugs that were in the game at the release of early access still not get fixed.

I could deal with shoals of fish constantly swimming through my base and i could deal with the boneshark clipping through a cave wall and swimming in air, stopping me from examining an alien portal.

But i just tried to dock my Prawn in the Cyclops, i hit the Cyclops and it disappeared and now the game is telling me that it is located 338755 meters away....

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Admittedly, I only pulled this off because it got trapped in that arch for some reason (after I'd chased it like half a mile from its spawn point south of my base), but I finally killed one with my Prawn :kamina:

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
What are some vehicle mods/upgrades you wouldn't mind seeing in the game? I'd love a speed upgrade for the Seamoth. Not a temporary boost, but a flat increase in standard speed. I'd also like to see a V1/V2/V3 set of storage mods with increasing amounts of space available.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I'd love to see a boost upgrade for the Seamoth, just a quick boost to get away from big creatures. Not gonna happen tho. I believe they said "no way" cause the pop-in would be even harder to fix the faster you go.
A short stealth module for the Seamoth.
And a second docking bay to the Cyclops so you could dock the Seamoth and the PRAWN suit at the same time.

I really like the Seamoth and it becomes mostly obsolete when you get the prawn man which i think is a crying shame.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
A whole chunk of addons to make the cyclops better. In fact maybe I just hate the cyclops. It got nerfed to be more impractical and I thought it sucked before then. The cyclops should do a whole lot more to justify the pain of driving it and they had excessively crippled it's defense last time I played.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Fuego Fish posted:

What are some vehicle mods/upgrades you wouldn't mind seeing in the game? I'd love a speed upgrade for the Seamoth. Not a temporary boost, but a flat increase in standard speed. I'd also like to see a V1/V2/V3 set of storage mods with increasing amounts of space available.

-Upgraded Sonar: Reveals the contents of Resource Outcrops within range.
-Deployable Mini-Drill bot: can break/cut outcrops and fauna, has limited storage to bring back resources to vessel.
-Emergency Air Bladder: Pulls vessel upwards at an extreme speed until disconnected.

Most of it is QoL, aside from the Cyclops, the others feel useful enough already.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Fuego Fish posted:

A proper depth upgrade for the Seamoth. Then a hand drill, because all the Ion crystal nodes are indoors.

Can the Prawn drill/Propulsion arm directly deposit stuff into your inventory? Or is the prawn drill still "Drill nodes, watch it all roll away. Then have people go 'The slow as mollasses default claw arm with bad hitboxes can pick up objects :smug:" despite the fact that means collecting materials with the Prawn instead of your bare hands means you still need to get out of your prawn to remove you Prawn drill, get back in your prawn, slowly pick things up with your claw, get out, and put the drill back on.

I too would enjoy funhaver upgrade. Flotation bladder for the prawn suit.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It's pretty weird. Drilling the big resource nodes makes them fall on the ground and then just automatically get hoovered into your storage after a second. But other resources don't work the same way so you have to get out to pick them up, and you can't drill out the normal resource nodes that you can pick up by hand.

I would really enjoy the cyclops sonar if it didn't use energy. As it is it's untenably expensive but it looks very cool and would make it more convenient to get down into deep complicated areas.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Have the seamoth and prawn be able to combine transformers style, that way you wouldn't need the dumb cyclops to transport the prawn around

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Should make the sonar take no energy but it makes some wildlife run away, stuns others, and renders other agitated and generally aggressive.

I dont mean like aggressive towards the player, although that two. But imagine using the sonat to anger and confuse two reapers into fighting each other. Fun discoverable side benefit!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Section Z posted:

A proper depth upgrade for the Seamoth. Then a hand drill, because all the Ion crystal nodes are indoors.

Can the Prawn drill/Propulsion arm directly deposit stuff into your inventory? Or is the prawn drill still "Drill nodes, watch it all roll away. Then have people go 'The slow as mollasses default claw arm with bad hitboxes can pick up objects :smug:" despite the fact that means collecting materials with the Prawn instead of your bare hands means you still need to get out of your prawn to remove you Prawn drill, get back in your prawn, slowly pick things up with your claw, get out, and put the drill back on.

I believe the propulsion cannon arm will deposit to the prawn's storage. I'm not sure what you mean about removing and replacing the drill arm, though, since the prawn has two arms and the other can be the claw or propulsion cannon.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Digirat posted:

It's pretty weird. Drilling the big resource nodes makes them fall on the ground and then just automatically get hoovered into your storage after a second. But other resources don't work the same way so you have to get out to pick them up, and you can't drill out the normal resource nodes that you can pick up by hand.

I would really enjoy the cyclops sonar if it didn't use energy. As it is it's untenably expensive but it looks very cool and would make it more convenient to get down into deep complicated areas.
Nice, as long as it works that's still actual progress.

Paracelsus posted:

I believe the propulsion cannon arm will deposit to the prawn's storage. I'm not sure what you mean about removing and replacing the drill arm, though, since the prawn has two arms and the other can be the claw or propulsion cannon.
That has been a literal argument in favor of never having "drills and prawn prop guns can actually collect objects".

That your prawn works great because you can just get out and collect the materials with your bare hands/"EXCUSE me, the CLAW can pick up materials! Check mate good sir."

Where even aside from the claws only pick stuff up in a tiny pixel hitbox at the end of it's animation, ignore the point that still involves getting out of your prawn suit to remove a Drill/Prop gun/Grapple arm/Actual tools. Still defeating the whole concept of "I'd like my Prawn mining to require me to leave my prawn, yeesh".

So while it seems like a small thing to improve, like a lot of "But it's just basic QoL, isn't it?" concepts the fact it's in the game in any form at all is a huge deal.

Though given the fanbase, there was also constant talk against ever allowing us to access vehicle inventory and mods while docked in the cyclops, another constant of "Prawn sucks so bad at mining". Because you can just eject your vehicle (into sea dragon or shark invested waters) so who cares? I'm much more impressed we finally have a little console in the cyclops for such things now :buddy:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Dec 17, 2017

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
From the latest patch notes:

quote:

Miners among you will be happy to hear that your life just go easier. When piloting the prawn, drilled resources will automatically be placed into your inventory.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

I want to try and salvage some optimism again that they for realisies solved the drifting lifepod bug forever this time you guys.

Also oh my god was that a menu scroll arrow on the scanner room screen? Did I miss that finally making it into the game, or is it also new?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Section Z posted:

Also oh my god was that a menu scroll arrow on the scanner room screen? Did I miss that finally making it into the game, or is it also new?

I'm not sure if it was this patch or last patch but yes, you can now scroll through all the stuff you want to search for.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

U.T. Raptor posted:

Admittedly, I only pulled this off because it got trapped in that arch for some reason (after I'd chased it like half a mile from its spawn point south of my base), but I finally killed one with my Prawn :kamina:

Realizing that you have the means and punchy arms to fight back against the reapers that have been terrorizing you this whole game, up to this point - that moment is one of the magical and one of the best subnautica moments.

GlyphGryph posted:

I dont mean like aggressive towards the player, although that two. But imagine using the sonat to anger and confuse two reapers into fighting each other. Fun discoverable side benefit!

Relatedly, I'm pretty sure I've seen this happen. My 'i just got the prawn' moment was 'Two reapers fighting and or mating in the safe shallows, right next to my base'. Two of them angry and brawling is terrifying.

Fuego Fish posted:

A lot of shower thoughts:

Power transmitter for cyclops. (send out/take in/ off)
Solar charger for cyclops.
Nuclear Reactor for cyclops. (screw fuckery just gimme the power)
A double-crane mod for vehicle storage. (modeling problems?)
Vehicle modification console for cyclops. (it has a fabber, screw having to set up a moonpool while you're out and about)

A 'super seamoth' made with late game materials. More mod slots, better base dive depth. (plasteel and more electronics?) A lot of the seamoth upgrades are cool, you don't end up using them for space/hastle/need by the time you get one - and it quickly stops being used later once you get the prawn. Even one with a pressure compensator pre-baked in would be great.A reason to keep using it in late(r) game areas would be amazing.

...Swiss army hands for the Prawn. Its just too funny a mental image. Same problem with the prawn. Arms are good, carrying spares/swapping is a hastle. Some kind of 'arm holster' or a reversable arm to flip out a new bit without getting out would be outstanding.
A proper shiv/shank/stab arm for the prawn. Longer reach, hits harder, lets you stab into and stay in walls. (a temporary hold while you reset the grapple)
A grapple arm that stays grappled when you get out.

Common pool: power transmitter reciever taps for both prawn and seamoth. Lets you interrupt a blue beam/get near a functional power transmitter and charge yourself.

Thor-Stryker posted:

-Deployable Mini-Drill bot: can break/cut outcrops and fauna, has limited storage to bring back resources to vessel.
Most of it is QoL, aside from the Cyclops, the others feel useful enough already.

I like this as an addon to the scanner room, actually. Find resources, send the bots out to (slowly) haul them back. I think its funnier if they drop it off outside the base: come back and there's salt/scrap metal littering the area forever.

The biggest one I'd like to see:
Multiple recipes for the same item. Namely, being able to turn metal scrap directly into ingots. possibly at a slight discount(2:1), but 5->2 would also work. Support for it in general would be nice (ie, computer chips made in two different ways).

In the realm of less mods and more Work:

An offworld communications antennae for your base. Big radio transmitter, possibly having to go grab one out of the aurora wreck. First: Its...kind of your responsibility to let people know about the quarantine so it doesn't happen again. The other use is minor ways to make your exploration easier. By getting in touch with people offworld, you can have them send you blueprints and databoxes you haven't found(bandwidth limited), or do things like calculate where wrecks you missed might have splashed down. Basic stuff you need other people/outside data sets to use.

Tool-set gloves. Something that adds a bit of storage to your body, or a second row of quickbar slots. 4 in total, same as the container size. For when you don't want radiation or reinforced suit gloves. Seems a criminally underused slot. I'd kill to not have my top-4 tools take up inventory space later on.

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 17, 2017

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Section Z posted:

I want to try and salvage some optimism again that they for realisies solved the drifting lifepod bug forever this time you guys.

I get so annoyed at this that anymore I just disable its beacon and forget it exists once I plop down my first base.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

TheParadigm posted:

A 'super seamoth' made with late game materials. More mod slots, better base dive depth. (plasteel and more electronics?) A lot of the seamoth upgrades are cool, you don't end up using them for space/hastle/need by the time you get one - and it quickly stops being used later once you get the prawn. Even one with a pressure compensator pre-baked in would be great.A reason to keep using it in late(r) game areas would be amazing.

It might make sense to find the blueprints for this in/around the deepest Degrassi seabase. It'd make sense that they'd be developing and upgrading the standard survival tech blueprints as time went on, and they went deeper and deeper. Discovering more room types and room features (like the alien containment) while you're there would be great as well. Trying to make my seabases bigger just ends up with a lot of duplicate decorative rooms, I don't want three sleeping quarters on a one-man base.

TheParadigm posted:

An offworld communications antennae for your base. Big radio transmitter, possibly having to go grab one out of the aurora wreck. First: Its...kind of your responsibility to let people know about the quarantine so it doesn't happen again. The other use is minor ways to make your exploration easier. By getting in touch with people offworld, you can have them send you blueprints and databoxes you haven't found(bandwidth limited), or do things like calculate where wrecks you missed might have splashed down. Basic stuff you need other people/outside data sets to use.

This one's kinda interesting but I could see it working if it required a lot of power to reach all the way across space and download masses of data. Like at least as much as the water filtration system :v:

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Fuego Fish posted:

It might make sense to find the blueprints for this in/around the deepest Degrassi seabase. It'd make sense that they'd be developing and upgrading the standard survival tech blueprints as time went on, and they went deeper and deeper. Discovering more room types and room features (like the alien containment) while you're there would be great as well. Trying to make my seabases bigger just ends up with a lot of duplicate decorative rooms, I don't want three sleeping quarters on a one-man base.

This one's kinda interesting but I could see it working if it required a lot of power to reach all the way across space and download masses of data. Like at least as much as the water filtration system :v:

Thank you! That's the idea. Big fuckoff metal antennae. However, its not exactly huge distances - its detail easy to get lost or miss if you're not paying attention to the logs, but you're just trying to get back to the whatever-gate the aurora emerged from to get here. Same place your rocket is going, actually.

They're also communication hubs, since the aurora was in contact with an offsite ground base up to like 10-15 minutes until it was shot down, from what I remember of the ship logs.

It just needs to be big enough to reach the same gateway, and also stay online while downloading data. Water filtration tier power hog seems apt.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

If you put a cuddle fish in the bio reactor your game should uninstall itself

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Had a few more thoughts about small stuff I'd like to see in the game.

Some sort of alt-mode for the hab construction tool that lets you paint your bases. Nothing too fancy, just a way to add in a bit of colour. Maybe a sort of way to cycle through some basic colour themes in each compartment/room, like how you can with signs. That way you can theme your bases up a bit, maybe colour-code certain sections.

Ways to "Mark 2" or otherwise upgrade/alter existing seabase features. Maybe you build on top, like a second layer over the existing equipment, or they gain mod panels like the vehicles do. Stuff that you could get from the deep seabases, or perhaps even the alien facilities. Maybe like incorporating ion cubes into the nuclear reactor to increase longevity, or some sort of better filtration technology to reduce power cost down on the water filter.

A way to scan things without leaving the relative safety of my vehicle, please.

Just a bit of decoration and nothing more, but after you scan a creature you should be able to make a holographic projector which emits a tiny image of it. You'd be able to affix it to any flat surface, including walls, so you could have it on a desk or above a sign to let you know which containment facility has what in it.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Fuego Fish posted:

Had a few more thoughts about small stuff I'd like to see in the game.

Some sort of alt-mode for the hab construction tool that lets you paint your bases. Nothing too fancy, just a way to add in a bit of colour. Maybe a sort of way to cycle through some basic colour themes in each compartment/room, like how you can with signs. That way you can theme your bases up a bit, maybe colour-code certain sections.

Ways to "Mark 2" or otherwise upgrade/alter existing seabase features. Maybe you build on top, like a second layer over the existing equipment, or they gain mod panels like the vehicles do. Stuff that you could get from the deep seabases, or perhaps even the alien facilities. Maybe like incorporating ion cubes into the nuclear reactor to increase longevity, or some sort of better filtration technology to reduce power cost down on the water filter.

A way to scan things without leaving the relative safety of my vehicle, please.

Just a bit of decoration and nothing more, but after you scan a creature you should be able to make a holographic projector which emits a tiny image of it. You'd be able to affix it to any flat surface, including walls, so you could have it on a desk or above a sign to let you know which containment facility has what in it.

You could take a picture and then upload it to a frame for that last one maybe, might be a bit too big though.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
I was thinking it'd be animated, going through its swim animation or something.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
Is there AI in this game? The ingame wiki says that rock sharks are social but I don't see it.

I was in my seamoth looking for shale or something and then there was the usual shrieking followed by me being down to 85 hull. I got out, hit the guy with the stasis rifle and then stabbed him in the stomach a bunch until he died. Then his buddy showed up and we did the same dance. As I was finishing off the 2nd guy I spotted another one giving me the stinkeye and had to stop and reflect for a moment.

Rock shark #3 has just seen me eviscerate two of his buddies with the help of my magic freeze gun - which is now pointed at him. A sensible person ought to able to take a hint and maybe find something else to do with his Sunday afternoon. At this point I kind of want to go full-on corpse tree from 300, but I'm not sure they'll get the message.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
The creatures have MMO style agro AI only, see attackable creature - attack attackable creature. Some of them have fluff routines like "pick up metal from point A, drop off at point B", but it all boils down to that. Some of them do gently caress off when you attack them with your knife, but rocksharks are too hardcore to show weakness.

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Dec 26, 2017

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Speaking of how 300 is awesome, does this game support mods? I just had an idea: creatures should drop skulls when you kill them, and there should be a recipe where (skull+pipe)= skull on a pipe. And if you have enough skulls on pipes around your base, things should stay away from you. Or maybe gang up on you. It'd be pretty neat if you could deter the fish equivalent of mall-punks at the risk of provoking the local PD.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

DreadLlama posted:

Speaking of how 300 is awesome, does this game support mods? I just had an idea: creatures should drop skulls when you kill them, and there should be a recipe where (skull+pipe)= skull on a pipe. And if you have enough skulls on pipes around your base, things should stay away from you. Or maybe gang up on you. It'd be pretty neat if you could deter the fish equivalent of mall-punks at the risk of provoking the local PD.

Unless they fixed it, you can pretty much kill off the entire ecosystem around your base/wherever and it'll never repopulate unless you modify some files.

No luck with the bigger creatures you'll find later in the game though.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

DreadLlama posted:

Is there AI in this game? The ingame wiki says that rock sharks are social but I don't see it.

I was in my seamoth looking for shale or something and then there was the usual shrieking followed by me being down to 85 hull. I got out, hit the guy with the stasis rifle and then stabbed him in the stomach a bunch until he died. Then his buddy showed up and we did the same dance. As I was finishing off the 2nd guy I spotted another one giving me the stinkeye and had to stop and reflect for a moment.

Rock shark #3 has just seen me eviscerate two of his buddies with the help of my magic freeze gun - which is now pointed at him. A sensible person ought to able to take a hint and maybe find something else to do with his Sunday afternoon. At this point I kind of want to go full-on corpse tree from 300, but I'm not sure they'll get the message.
The only thing even close are the Stalkers, which set a bar missed my a mile.

Stalkers will happily leave you alone if you feed them a snack. Stalkers drop a unique crafting resource from chewing on scrap metal so you have a reason to keep them alive (Despite in game lore datafiles talking about knife fighting them to death for their teeth... People flip flop between "REALISM!" and "Go back to Call of Duty!" based on what's more detrimental to the player). And in fact stalkers driving themselves extinct without your input was a big problem in the game's past for me.

Devs have also finally seem to have gotten a handle on them not being aggro spam to the point they will swarm your lifepod forever. Unlike those loving gaspods I can load a new game and already have my lifepod surrounded by the fuckers. Stalkers are pretty cool :buddy:

Everything else as said above, is a brainless MMO enemy talked up as something better, even at the best of times.

Realism! According to the fanbase.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 26, 2017

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Actual Realism!TM has so many ways to kill you without fps mechanics. If your rate of ascent exceeds 1m/s you should take irreparable damage which cannot be cured without spending hours in a decompression chamber; long enough that you need to plan ahead and bring water or risk dehydration.

DreadLlama fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 27, 2017

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Built an X compartment with a hatch. Tried building an I compartment where the hatch used to be as it wouldn't let me build anywhere else and I figured it would either put the hatch at the end or or refund me the pieces.

It didn't do either, and I didn't have another piece of quartz on me to build a new hatch. I'm slowly waiting to die of dehydration and hoping I get put into the Lifepod, otherwise I'm hosed.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Check the wiki for console commands. Using then to debug errors is perfectly acceptable

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

U.T. Raptor posted:

I did this too: I got my prawn with grappling hook and drill arm and attached myself to its head and let it drag me around the ocean until it finally died in the safe shallows. Glory to the prawn.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Some of y'all might have seen this already, but this might inspire some hope for people worrying about technical stuff.

https://twitter.com/Subnautica/status/939843394360233984

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
FPS isn't the problem, it's the stuttering and pop-in, but mysteriously they never mention that :thunk:

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
For me the problem is the number of bugs that have been in the game for years that have yet to be fixed.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Just remembered something that's been bugging me: the HUD chip slots on the inventory/loadout tab. They were a necessity back in the earlier versions of the game, but now there's only two upgrades you can create to go there, the scanner room one and the compass. Since there's only two options and two slots, it feels a bit boring. I'd love to see some additional options for more varied loadouts.

Maybe like a threat-analysis addition to the HUD which will highlight critters in red if they're acting aggressive towards you, or a one that works with a SeaMoth upgrade that lets you remote-drive it while it's within 300m of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
We’d be lucky for them to get done what they want to get done... let alone pop in issues getting fixed... let alone fun new things.

They wanted 1.0 to be done last May.