Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Other folks have mentioned how this cartoon is pretty dumb, but I'd just like to point out how sure, how absolutely certain, McCoy was that he was going to have to get used to drawing Hillary. This is beyond drawing the same face six times, this is a variety of facial nuances and angles, all identifiably the same person, all noticeably rendered in what I would call McCoy's style.

I can just imagine him looking over his vast collection of reference images and practice sketches that led up to the development of this particular McCoy Hillary and angrily trying to figure out some way to make all that effort worth it.

So much better than Tinsley's "trace over that one drawing" method.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Glenn's the "better"* McCoy, right?

* For a certain value of "better".

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Technowolf posted:

Glenn's the "better"* McCoy, right?

* For a certain value of "better".
Yes, and you know I actually think that one's better than usual for him too.

If it was Gary they would be unrecognizable without spelling it out in context, but Gary would never go for this gag because it's not spiteful enough.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Crabtree posted:

Brb, making a band called Mueller and the Hillaries.
you can open for Piss Tape and the Rosneft Nineteen any day :3:

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I see that Gorrel fell in line on the tax bill. He was against it like a month ago.

loving rear end in a top hat.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is there anything actually connecting the FBI to Hillary? Or are they jumping to conclusions based on the FBI saying mean things about Trump?

One FBI agent investigating Hillary sent text messages to his mistress bad-mouthing Trump. Game set match, obviously he's in the tank for Hillary and smearing Trump.

Ignore that he was immediately assigned to desk duty in HR when this was discovered.

Also ignore that he sent negative text messages about Hillary, Bernie, Chelsea Clinton, and Eric Holder.

B-Brett Noel? Is that you...?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
My brother works for the VA and I want Tinsley to shut the gently caress up. Every problem he has to deal with can be tied back to the policy decisions of a particular political party that a particular kind of person supports.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Cloud Potato posted:

Times:

Vladimir Putin says it's 'not my job' to create rivals for his 2018 election bid, as he hosts annual press conference
Bonus! Morland's done a Christmas special of his animated cartoons, and it's not hidden behind the Times paywall. Click here for the video!

A more subtle dictator would have maintained impotent opposition parties.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

They actually just put the bench up in a museum in LA, and now tourists go to Savannah to the benchless site and take pictures of themselves squatting in the air where the absence of a bench is.

Really.

It's still in Savannah.

http://www.savannahtheatre.com/forrest-gump-bus-stop-bench/ posted:

The bench that Hanks/Forrest sat on was actually a movie prop that has since been placed in the Savannah History Museum.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Seems like the real cue to break us is "is heterosexual," hth.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Lightning Knight posted:

I see that Gorrel fell in line on the tax bill. He was against it like a month ago.

loving rear end in a top hat.

I don't think even Gorrell knows what he's for or against anymore. In the fog of his political vision there is a single pillar left standing, upon which are inscribed the immortal words "democrat = bad". The rest of it is rubble and dust.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Two scoops!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Despera posted:

Two scoops!

one for domestic reports and the other for foreign

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I dont like this edition of bad reporter

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I dont like this edition of bad reporter

It's like a bad reporter about the last month of my relationship. Hits way too close to home. I wonder...is this how Trump feels when he reads political cartoons?

:ohdear:

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

T-man posted:

Seems like the real cue to break us is "is heterosexual," hth.

Agreed

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Prickly City's resident liberal loves Trump but the conservative knows better.

I admit I take a tiny bit of joy when Trump dumps on stupid conservatives like Morning Joe who paved the way for his Presidency.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

the second one rules, though

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Garrison posted:

"Mueller Claus is Coming to Town"

In keeping with the holiday season, I drew a variation of an enduring symbol—Santa Claus.

Like jolly old St. Nick, Mueller and his investigation into non-existent Trump wrongdoings never seems to go away. Hillary and Obama seem keen on giving us gifts of false realities. We are witnessing the continued political weaponization of the FBI.

Mueller, approved by the Deep Staters Bush and Obama, has already done a lot to weaken our country.

Along with FBI head John Brennan, Mueller was ordered to stop equating Islamic terrorists with Islam itself, thus weakening the FBI’s ability to target terrorism. Political correctness was paramount under Obama and reality was damned.

Now Mueller is back as a special prosecutor looking at the presidential election supposedly getting ‘hacked’ by Russia, which is a lie used by Hillary to excuse her monumental loss. Mueller’s assignment from Hillary and the Deep State Swamp? Dig up as much dirt as possible on Trump in order to get him impeached.

James Comey had earlier helped the Clintons escape a noose from their Whitewater scandal. He was rewarded with a cushy job with Lockheed Martin that paid him many millions of dollars. As the FBI director under Obama, he again saved the Clintons when he refused to recommend Hillary for prosecution. He overlooked her obvious obstruction of justice when she destroyed cell phones and bleach-bit her server. He said there was no ‘intent.’ It was not his call.

Then there is the improbably named Peter Strzok. (pronounced stroke?) He was fired from Mueller’s investigation due to his stridently anti-Trump text messages to his mistress. Do these FBI men not know they leave digital footprints or are they that contemptuous of their own process? Regardless, his behavior is again indicative of the growing bias and partisanship in the FBI. They’re going after Trump without one iota of evidence while they’ve done their best to exonerate Hillary–despite her spate of criminal acts that would send lesser mortals to prison.

FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe enabled Strzok’s behavior. He will answer to a congressional committee next week. Maybe he’ll explain the FBI’s ‘anti-Trump insurance policy’ that was discussed recklessly by Strzok.

Mueller’s partisan anti-Trump fishing expedition could easily drag on for another Christmas and as usual, the taxpayers are on the hook. Meanwhile, the biggest criminal fish, Hillary, never seems to be put on ice.

Instead of investigating Trump, let’s investigate the corruption of the FBI itself.

–Ben Garrison

what even is this metaphor

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
The much maligned, uh, Santa Claus?

quote:

Do these FBI men not know they leave digital footprints or are they that contemptuous of their own process?

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Trogdos! posted:

FBI Agents talked poo poo on their boss' boss (who, in this case, is the president) and that's the only clue BGar needs to determine the whole investigation a fraud, a scam and a tax-payer-funded dodge to hound poor innocent Donnie

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Trogdos! posted:

One constructed by a fascist anti-semite with a world class persecution complex and severe daddy issues

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Ambitious Spider posted:

It's like a bad reporter about the last month of my relationship. Hits way too close to home. I wonder...is this how Trump feels when he reads political cartoons?

:ohdear:

Yeah, that Zelda really hit in the feels. Good Job Zelda!

Trogdos! posted:

Santa Claus is the enemy of the libertarian along with religion and homeless shelters.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Dec 16, 2017

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

"Santa Claus but actually bad" is still my favorite genre of political cartoons

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Trogdos! posted:

Didn't Trump spend more tax payer money on golf than the Mueller investigation?

Katt fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 16, 2017

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Zelder posted:

It’s up there with “Robin Hood but actually bad”.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Garrison is just mad Santa Claus only ever gave him bootstraps as a kid.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Trogdos! posted:

Wow, he's already deflecting before anything else comes out. It must take skill to backtrack without ever going forwards.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

When that day comes when Trump is finally dragged out of the whitehouse I hope Garrison explodes out of sheer rage.

Happy holidays everyone!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Zelder posted:

I'm sick of all these entitlement handouts for kids today!

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Ambitious Spider posted:

is this how Trump feels when he reads

I doubt it, since he does neither

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fallenturtle
Feb 28, 2003
paintedblue.net

At first I thought this was clever, but I think its actually a poor analogy. Its closer to how it is now where ISPs have speed-tiers. The free sporadic internet is about the same as trying to catch public wifi.

Perhaps if it was a Netflix toll road, then it would work.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

fallenturtle posted:

At first I thought this was clever, but I think its actually a poor analogy. Its closer to how it is now where ISPs have speed-tiers. The free sporadic internet is about the same as trying to catch public wifi.

Yeah, even a lot of pro-NN people don't seem to know what exactly it means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

fallenturtle posted:

The best analogy I've heard is wanting to ship two bricks in the mail that have the exact same size and weight, but having to pay extra for one because it's painted red instead of blue.

I have no idea how accurate it is though.

• Locked thread