Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Loved the Alec Baldwin interview

He just took over lol. Guy is on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Dominic...so much to say about that guy.

He plays a great role in the Scott pushup challenge. He puts up a good amount of money, then gets Howard super pissed at him when he tries to take over the mic and scream over Howard after Scott fails
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcVKHhBDExk&t=4317s

He can also be a huge creep...like offering Jason and his wife his Hamptons house for their honeymoon and specifically calling out "And you can have the bed where Howard and Beth first had sex"
Douche-Chills
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeOr5Rx7ezQ&t=1802s (bonus from that clip is Howard calling JD "Nerdy Warbucks"

Dominic also represented Jackie and Nancy and all of their companies. When you dive deep into the Jackie tapes, Dominic comes up a lot.

Dominic would throw money at any bet and offer his place on Fire Island for anything as long as it would get him on the show. It's good that so many good bits happened, but so, so creepy.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I feel bad for anyone who hired him as an attorney.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

haljordan posted:

I feel bad for anyone who hired him as an attorney.

Yeah there are tons of complaints about his law practice going back years.

https://www.lawyerratingz.com/reviews/180/Lawyer-Dominic-Barbara.html

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports...from-me-1348905

Plus he was arrested three times in less than a year between 2012-13 and disbarred.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I always hated him on the show, from his very first appearance. Disgusting, star-loving, money-grubbing, sleazebag.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Former Human posted:

Yeah there are tons of complaints about his law practice going back years.

https://www.lawyerratingz.com/reviews/180/Lawyer-Dominic-Barbara.html

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports...from-me-1348905

Plus he was arrested three times in less than a year between 2012-13 and disbarred.

loving around with client money is the guaranteed quickest way to lose your law license. Lawyers can get away with reallllllll shady behavior but financial stuff is the kiss of death.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
In the early days of the Stern/O&A hatefest back in 2000, Anthony's wife hired Dominic as her divorce lawyer.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Artie pleads guilty to owning the heroin, gets to duck the cocaine charge. He left for rehab in Florida after he was released from jail. He'll be sentenced in February.

The private jet was paid for by 2 comedian friends. Let the speculation begin on that one (Apatow?).

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Norm? Gilbert?

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Lifespan posted:

Norm? Gilbert?

Norm's broke as poo poo apparently and Gilbert would probably never front the money for a private jet. Judd makes sense, probably some other rich comedians could do it, Rogan? Anthony Cumia if he can be called a comedian? Dice Clay?

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Colin...
He offered a few times to do that in the past

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
that's nice, Quinn always struck me as a good person.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

TMZ caught up with him today and asked if he paid to help Artie https://youtu.be/ebanS7YL6V4

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Ok, you are all right. Gilbert was a bad vote. "You dumb fucks. I do not have cum on my glasses."

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I have decided, through multiple listenings, that Richard Simmons is my favorite guest ever. He's likable, rolled with the punches, and the campy nature of him added so much fun to the show. He could be interviewed and goofed on at the same time and neither part suffered for the other.

It does suck that the show essentially scared him off and I think it's probably one of the few things you might ever get Howard to admit he'd do differently but the many years he was on more than make up for how things ended.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

euphronius posted:

Loved the Alec Baldwin interview

He just took over lol. Guy is on fire.

I like the part where he completely justifies working with and being friends with perverts.

Lifespan posted:

Norm? Gilbert?

I'd have to guess Judd Apatow and Pete Holmes from the show Crashing that Artie is on. There's no way Gilbert is paying for that and I don't think he and Norm are on the best terms.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
So how many holidays do you think Artie has ruined for this family?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Probably every one from his dad's fall to present?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Do you think he actually shows up somewhere for the holidays or does he just send cash, because that's a perfectly adequate substitution for human interaction

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
He sends a note and some cash and the note is the same poo poo he sent Isaac (?) when he missed his wedding where he is so over the top self deprecating that it loses all meaning.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

haljordan posted:

Do you think he actually shows up somewhere for the holidays or does he just send cash, because that's a perfectly adequate substitution for human interaction

This is especially true for Artie.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My favorite Dominic story is one of his paralegals/office workers ratted him out to Langford for having a giant " ON AIR" sign installed outside his office that he would turn on whenever he was calling into the show so no one would interrupt him. They gave him so much poo poo for it.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Honestly if I were related to Artie I would much prefer he just send me money and stay home.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Your Gay Uncle posted:

My favorite Dominic story is one of his paralegals/office workers ratted him out to Langford for having a giant " ON AIR" sign installed outside his office that he would turn on whenever he was calling into the show so no one would interrupt him. They gave him so much poo poo for it.

Dominic is basically Bobo if he had a law license.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

TMZ says that Artie had 80 bags of heroin on him. How did he not get a "possession with intent to distribute" charge?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

The prosecutor took one look at Artie's nose and realized he really could do all that smack himself.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bonzo posted:

TMZ says that Artie had 80 bags of heroin on him. How did he not get a "possession with intent to distribute" charge?

Perhaps they were very, very, very small bags.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

The number of bags didn't seem as amazing when the total amount he pled for was considered to be $300-500.

Also, being a known addict probably helped. Being a celebrity also helped as you can prove he has the ability to buy that amount for personal use. Intent is basically something you have to convince a jury or judge of through evidence, it's not really as clear cut as actually being caught with the drugs. A poor person with a large amount or someone with a bunch of cash on them or someone caught with paraphernalia (baggies, rubber bands, etc) are examples of how they figure out intent.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bonzo posted:

He's white.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Bonzo posted:

Honestly I thought it was a typo....
And if he is getting 80 $5 bags of street trash, then he is only a bag away from a fentanyl OD

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I thought it was 80 decks, which is actually around 800 bags

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Are there details of what the judge told him? I know he was ordered to rehab but court or court, if you gently caress around in rehab they will throw your rear end out.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Bonzo posted:

Are there details of what the judge told him? I know he was ordered to rehab but court or court, if you gently caress around in rehab they will throw your rear end out.

He wasn't ordered to rehab. I imagine rehab was his lawyer's invention and if Artie can complete it successfully then when he's sentenced in February he probably will get a light sentence if anything. The judge just likely agreed that getting him to rehab would be better than having him sit in a jail cell.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
How on earth is 80 bags of heroin worth $300-$500?

According to the cops, one marijuana has a "street value" of anywhere between $50k and $80k, depending on how hard they want to destroy your life...

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
all i can think about is jeez, dana really dodged a loving bullet. talk about incredible foresight. not that art wasn't a shithead boob back then, but boy howdy has he degenerated

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Turdsdown Tom posted:

all i can think about is jeez, dana really dodged a loving bullet. talk about incredible foresight. not that art wasn't a shithead boob back then, but boy howdy has he degenerated

Didn't they get in a fight once while driving somewhere and he kicked her out of the car on a bridge?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Turdsdown Tom posted:

I was listening to a Best of Artie pack the other day and one of the bits was Artie talking about an argument he had with Dana. He was saying how he told her how he never wants to get married, but it isn't a big deal because he'll buy her a big house and hire a maid and pay for everything and that "she doesn't need to work" and "he'll take care of everything." Gary tried to explain to Artie how incredibly demeaning this was to Dana but Artie had no fuckin' idea what he was talking about.

I'm probably not explaining it well, but Artie came across as basically telling Dana "Pff, your bullshit teacher job is garbage, why would you want to work?!"

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Turdsdown Tom posted:

She was most likely just taking his money for as long as she could handle. He was a disgusting fat slob back then too (both inside and out).

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

haljordan posted:

I was listening to a Best of Artie pack the other day and one of the bits was Artie talking about an argument he had with Dana. He was saying how he told her how he never wants to get married, but it isn't a big deal because he'll buy her a big house and hire a maid and pay for everything and that "she doesn't need to work" and "he'll take care of everything." Gary tried to explain to Artie how incredibly demeaning this was to Dana but Artie had no fuckin' idea what he was talking about.

I'm probably not explaining it well, but Artie came across as basically telling Dana "Pff, your bullshit teacher job is garbage, why would you want to work?!"

that's just classic artie, too. throw money at someone and they'll like you. subconsciously even he knew there was little to no redeeming quality to his personality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

JB50 posted:

She was most likely just taking his money for as long as she could handle. He was a disgusting fat slob back then too (both inside and out).

lol project much