Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I am confused about base sizes.

What size bases should my Tau Commanders be on? From what I understand, they could be 40mm, 50mm, or 60mm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

They have retconned Eldrad's death, as they have retconned the entire 13th Black Crusade, yes. However they didn't retcon it to keep Eldrad on sale. His point of death is a matter of story, not setting. The setting is what you play within, stories are what you tell within the setting. He could be used at any point from the Heresy to his canonical death, thus he stayed in the codex and on the shelves..

They could come out tomorrow and say that Dante died alongside Logan Grimnar in a freak space toboggan accident twenty years into the Indomitus Crusade, it wouldn't mean that they should stop selling those models or stop putting them in books. Hell, Tycho's death has been fixed for years and there are two versions of him.

then where's ursarkar creed in the militarum codex smart guy

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

zeal posted:

then where's ursarkar creed in the militarum codex smart guy

Your mum.

Ursarkar Creed's fate is ambiguous at the destruction of Cadia and irrelevant to the discussion.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Your mum.

Ursarkar Creed's fate is ambiguous at the destruction of Cadia and irrelevant to the discussion.

owned, binch

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
gonna break into rapey joe stalin's goonshack and replace all his space bois helmets with beautiful sculpted lady-heads, and there's not a goddamned thing he can do to stop me

stay owned

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

dexefiend posted:

I am confused about base sizes.

What size bases should my Tau Commanders be on? From what I understand, they could be 40mm, 50mm, or 60mm.

Whatever one looks the coolest. 40mm look tiny, so I'd probably do 50mm for regular ones and 60mm for a Coldstar.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
Got my genestealer cult dice made!

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Edinburgh and Pittsburgh...

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I still don't know how to pronounce the river Thames. It's like Tim's or something, right?

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

muggins posted:

Got my genestealer cult dice made!

Dems reel preddy.

Shockeh posted:

Edinburgh and Pittsburgh...

(insert whatever here)shire. or 'shur'. MAKE UP YOUR GODDAM MINDS!

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

They have retconned Eldrad's death, as they have retconned the entire 13th Black Crusade, yes. However they didn't retcon it to keep Eldrad on sale. His point of death is a matter of story, not setting. The setting is what you play within, stories are what you tell within the setting. He could be used at any point from the Heresy to his canonical death, thus he stayed in the codex and on the shelves..

They could come out tomorrow and say that Dante died alongside Logan Grimnar in a freak space toboggan accident twenty years into the Indomitus Crusade, it wouldn't mean that they should stop selling those models or stop putting them in books. Hell, Tycho's death has been fixed for years and there are two versions of him.

Tycho never died at Armageddon. The Blood Angels said he did but they were lying. He is still out there. Punching people, animals and rocks with his fist of fury. The clarity that the Black Rage gave him allowed him to see Mephiston for what he was, a daemon prince and a bastard.

Here is a photograph proving he still lives. He is fighting a big group of orks a few months ago. I am sure he probably won.

Posing with fans a few months before that. I am sure he probably won a bunch of fights then too.

Fearlessly facing down an enemy with a lot of flamers in an enclosed environment. He probably survived that too.

Engaged with heretics in a streetfight with minimal support. Totally won that fight I am sure of it.

Unassailable proof. The Imperium has been lying to you sheeple. Open your eyes.

Also a friend of mine was in a train station queue behind one of our American cousins asking for a ticket to Loughborough. That was a tough one.

Coming down from Scotland I always thought the Thames was an odd spelling. Its more like Taymes. Up North is just as bad.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

'Tems'

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

I hear it has a rich history.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

That is how the English people pronounce it yes. I need to adjust my pronounciation.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Huh, was looking at Minature Market, and I didn't realize that the Dark Angels and Blood Angels were getting their own Primaris boxes. Cool!

Gives me some hope that the SM codex will come with new model releases, since several of their characters are old sculpts or out of print and they have always been big on trinkets and flair.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The Dark Angel and Blood Angel primaris boxes are just the normal boxes with a respective upgrade sprue.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
In the case of Blood Angels an exceedingly boring sprue at that.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Quick question, how are you world eaters arming your zerkers?

How many chain axes to chainswords? The ap-1 seems great but going from S5 to S6 does not help much, and an extra two attacks might math out more? I still plan on taking a fist on the champion, 6-8 S10 attacks each is just too jucy.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Quick question, how are you world eaters arming your zerkers?

How many chain axes to chainswords? The ap-1 seems great but going from S5 to S6 does not help much, and an extra two attacks might math out more? I still plan on taking a fist on the champion, 6-8 S10 attacks each is just too jucy.

axes and swords, no pistols

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.
I'm finally 'done' with my Knight, I had a lot of fun doing this thing and learned a lot about painting things larger than a dreadnought. Once I have some time to practice writing 'Indicter' over and over with a micron pen I'll finish off the little name scroll.

If there is one thing I've learned about insane future war it's that you really should be trying to help your buds out by pointing at things.

The brave and noble scion/manlet!

Now I really want to make weird looking sacristan to go with it.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Looks excellent mate, the skulls and chains hanging off add a lot of attitude. What does Indicter mean?

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

It means somebody who makes indictments - accusations of crime. I'm going with that for a name partly as a play on how its pointing at something.

The idea is that the knight has been bound in service to an inquisitor on a crusade for some time so it's picked up a lot of souvenirs along the way.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Very cool Knight.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Xpost

DiHK posted:

CRAFTWORLD Joderchrist Joderfoss Kraistfoss Christfoss idk yet, would appreciate some opinions on that.

ANyway, Fire Prisms are just a hair short of finished.

Just some touch ups and gloss to go. I do wonder if I should silver out the engine intakes to break up the :catdrugs:

Play by play:

This is the test piece

Color pallete

Color Pass

All masked up

Dark pass:

These guys will be done soon, masking them took forever. I was mid dark pass when my compressor died.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

Holy poo poo

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

:eyepop: goddamn that's gorgeous.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

FiestaNinja posted:

It means somebody who makes indictments - accusations of crime. I'm going with that for a name partly as a play on how its pointing at something.

The idea is that the knight has been bound in service to an inquisitor on a crusade for some time so it's picked up a lot of souvenirs along the way.

I like the idea, it comes across as very gothic and grimdark.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

JackMack posted:

Also a friend of mine was in a train station queue behind one of our American cousins asking for a ticket to Loughborough. That was a tough one.
OK, I'll take a stab: LOCK-burrah?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Lol no

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Liquid Communism posted:

Huh, was looking at Minature Market, and I didn't realize that the Dark Angels and Blood Angels were getting their own Primaris boxes. Cool!

Gives me some hope that the SM codex will come with new model releases, since several of their characters are old sculpts or out of print and they have always been big on trinkets and flair.

They're definitely following a pattern of minimal releases with each codex to get them out the door. Once they're done with these releases I'm expecting campaign books to be where we see the bulk of new stuff as opposed to the old model where minis were tied to codex releases. I wouldn't be surprised to see kits for random armies to be sprinkled into the release schedule either.
With luck, if I'm right, we'll see some of those older characters appearing sooner than we would under the old release wave model.

Floppychop posted:

The Dark Angel and Blood Angel primaris boxes are just the normal boxes with a respective upgrade sprue.

Transfer sheets as well. In terms of pricing I believe you get the upgrade sprue at a heavy discount. Something like 60% off.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Ilor posted:

I'll spare you, it's ""Bob".

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Ilor posted:

Lug-burug.

Luff-burruh

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Hey whoever made that goose avatar in this thread:

Can you make a version of it without the border, just a large animated angry goose head

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Luffbruh

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Corrode posted:

Luffbruh

Do you even luff, bruh

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Do you even luff, bruh

luff for life

The problem of having too many armies - I can't decide what I want to play tomorrow. Probably Guard since they're ready to go and proxy-free whereas both Marines and Blood Angels would require a chunk of "x is really y." I need to make some headway with Ad Mech too.

And I want a Nid army and I should really do anything with my Dark Eldar ever.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I'm in the same boat with regards the latter three. Ad Mech are fun to paint but horrors to clean up, and DE are fine to clean up but demand care when painting, and Nids are too numerous to face.

So I keep on trucking with DG and random marines.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
I'm going to split my Calth marines into one ten-man crusader squad, three five-man devastator squads, and there's one five-man group left

How are sternguard veterans this edition?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Transfer sheets as well. In terms of pricing I believe you get the upgrade sprue at a heavy discount. Something like 60% off.

I think even more. BA intercessors are $60 and come with 2 upgrade sprues, normal intercessors are also $60. The upgrade spruse is $12.50. That's $25 worth of upgrade sprues for $0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

goose willis posted:

I'm going to split my Calth marines into one ten-man crusader squad, three five-man devastator squads, and there's one five-man group left

How are sternguard veterans this edition?

Nowhere near as good as 7th, sadly.

e: To clarify, they’re still pretty good but not as insanely good as they were.

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 16, 2017