Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Can we get a spooky skellington themed thread title please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mukip posted:

"Just a heads up. The Reprisal update should contain a fix to the issue with deep AI formations that should alleviate AI blobbing. As for the AI blobbing around single entity units and dodging artillery, they're more complicated issues that require investigation by an AI programmer, so they'll take some time." - CA dev

Finally.

Shame they broke charge bonuses at the same time.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Can we get a spooky skellington themed thread title please

"I'm da biggest skellie dat makes all of da rulez!"

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Mukip posted:

"Just a heads up. The Reprisal update should contain a fix to the issue with deep AI formations that should alleviate AI blobbing. As for the AI blobbing around single entity units and dodging artillery, they're more complicated issues that require investigation by an AI programmer, so they'll take some time." - CA dev

Finally.

If the AI stops blobbing around single entity units I'm gonna be very sad. I absolutely love casting bladestorm around Malekith and racking up 500 kills a cast.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

jokes posted:

If the AI stops blobbing around single entity units I'm gonna be very sad. I absolutely love casting bladestorm around Malekith and racking up 500 kills a cast.

Yeah that poo poo makes fighting the endless marauder hordes as delves a lot of fun

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
I thought the blobbing was intentional and part of the Skaven AI for a long time, since it makes them just wriggle all over the drat place in a gross ratty way

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

sassassin posted:

Shame they broke charge bonuses at the same time.

Wait what have they broken now? Is there a big old list of things that currently don't work somewhere because some of this stuff like the battle difficulties being backwards was completely unknown to me.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Ammanas posted:

Yeah that poo poo makes fighting the endless marauder hordes as delves a lot of fun

The only fun, really, to be had against those nerds. One of the most necessary mods is the one that removes a good chunk of their background income so that you aren't playing a minor faction versus the God Emperor Surtha Ek by turn 50.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Total Warhammer 2: THIS THREAD DOES NOT KNEEL

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Total Warhammer 2: THIS THREAD DOES NOT KNEEL

Surely “Total Warhammer 2: This thread does not serve, this thread RULES!

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Too verbose

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Oh man TK were MY army, get hype

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

TK are tied with Brets as best faction so I am more than ready to sail Settra's happy rear end up to the Chaos wastes to get that one gold piece that dude stole a few hundred years back.

Psycho Landlord fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Dec 18, 2017

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
A dwarf can hold a grudge for hundreds of years.

I mean if you're only gonna hold it that long what's even the fuckin point?

- Settra

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Gitro posted:

Put the cursor on the thing you want to hit :downsrim:

Hold left click when aiming a breath/wind spell.

Oh I did know that, I thought for some reason you could paint a curve or some poo poo, I have no idea why. :downs:

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I'm having some kind of bug (I think?) where the Chaos corruption graphic isn't updating in my game. I have 100% purity and my trees are still all gross and horrible. THANKS MORGHUR

edit: I reloaded and everything's back to normal!

packetmantis fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Dec 17, 2017

Inevitablelongshot
Mar 26, 2010
Total War: Warhammer 2- Why are you angry Mummy?

Promontory
Apr 6, 2011
Starting a Mortal Empires campaign with the high elves, with the aim of creating a world police to help out the "good" factions. What's the best use for high elf agents, making money at home or attaching them to armies?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Promontory posted:

Starting a Mortal Empires campaign with the high elves, with the aim of creating a world police to help out the "good" factions. What's the best use for high elf agents, making money at home or attaching them to armies?

Sending them out to secure influence. I can't find the post but it was described as "some elf standing behind the enemy leaders throne dropping faction wide demoralising bon mots and every time they try to catch him he vanishes into the shadows".

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Inevitablelongshot posted:

Total War: Warhammer 2 - Khemri Drift

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Promontory posted:

Every army wants magic.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

sassassin posted:

Every army wants magic.

Nonetheless, mages with the "Entrepreneur" trait can help make megabucks by sitting at home in a money-maker province.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
Have an 'administrator' wandering round reducing building costs, especially in unfavourable climates since they reduce build times too, a rando mage stealing tech from the nearest enemy and the rest a couple of 'entrepeneurs' stacking in your richest province. High Elves have two hero classes, so put Loremasters in your armies, preferably with the healing trait, which means you can have your nobles out getting influence instead of healing your armies.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

While it's pretty neat that they changed the positive campaign bonuses provided by heroes to be passive, it's kind of annoying that the game is getting mad at me for not moving my income and corruption generating guys around even though I just want them to sit in one spot for the rest of their lives.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
You can disable the end-of-turn warnings like "hero hasn't moved" or "you're sieging without equipment" and so on with the little cogwheel button next to end turn

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

peer posted:

You can disable the end-of-turn warnings like "hero hasn't moved" or "you're sieging without equipment" and so on with the little cogwheel button next to end turn

Issue being that you might want the notification for other roaming heroes, like tech-stealers. Last game I hated agents in part bc I'd forget about them for turns on end.

Also, do factions succeed/fail based on who the player is at all? I'm dorfs on VH and the Empire is civil warring while the vamps just focused on Zhufbar and all the other dwarfs got slaughtered. Wurrzag has conquered the BP and is moving north. I like it since my last WH1 dwarf run saw Barak Varr and the BP steamroll all of the Badlands by like turn 40, but it's definitely nothing like my non-dwarf ME runs. I guess me being the player and not getting massive ai boosts helps.

Is there anywhere to actually check what the victory conditions are? All's I know is "kill bad guy factions, get or ally a bunch of capitals"

For all the QoL improvements there are a few huge let-downs. The camera settings are the worst though, why not save them from game-to-game? At least the ally/enemy/neutral ones and the player units' move speed. Also the faster end-turn panning mod needs to be patched in. I pity anyone who doesn't have it.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Dec 17, 2017

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

peer posted:

Yeah, but I want the reminders for my tech- and influence-stealers, while some mages I just want to park forever. I still think the best fix would be to let heroes garrison something.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Is there anywhere to actually check what the victory conditions are? All's I know is "kill bad guy factions, get or ally a bunch of capitals"

In the bottom right by the end turn button there's an objectives button. There's also a tab there for minor objectives that you can get a little extra money for meeting when you meet the chapter objective.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Also, do factions succeed/fail based on who the player is at all? I'm dorfs on VH and the Empire is civil warring while the vamps just focused on Zhufbar and all the other dwarfs got slaughtered. Wurrzag has conquered the BP and is moving north. I like it since my last WH1 dwarf run saw Barak Varr and the BP steamroll all of the Badlands by like turn 40, but it's definitely nothing like my non-dwarf ME runs. I guess me being the player and not getting massive ai boosts helps.

I think that AI faction success is mostly determined by AI personality traits, and from what I understand different factions have trait pools that they can draw a random selection from, while other traits are fixed. I don't think that the traits change based on the player's faction, though.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I find all the campaign map agent stuff incredibly tedious. I just use them as battlefield units and if they have good passives that happen to trigger elsewhere great but I'm not going to spend time moving them about to take advantage of it.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Agents are and have always been a tedious waste in every TW title. Yet CA keeps putting them in there. Must be a British thing, they are enamored with tedium perhaps.

Agents are awful, but heroes on the other hand <3

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The no aggressive action agents mod exists, and agents are dumb and tedious. Last thread this was apparently an unpopular opinion and I do not know why.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

jokes posted:

The no aggressive action agents mod exists, and agents are dumb and tedious. Last thread this was apparently an unpopular opinion and I do not know why.

more like GAY-gents, amirite?

Sorry, that just popped into my head. But offensive agent actions are basically an unfun RNG mechanic, and while you can skew the probabilities you don't really have much input into it.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Inevitablelongshot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UkwqVPRrGQ

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Boksi posted:

Sorry, that just popped into my head. But offensive agent actions are basically an unfun RNG mechanic, and while you can skew the probabilities you don't really have much input into it.

The worst is when an AI agent is just following one of your armies around for half of the campaign.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I find agents are way better this time round, but yeah I'd prefer heroes on the battlefield and maybe some espionage screen similar to diplo if they want to add wall smashing/steal tech/ etc.

Assassination I could just drop altogether, especially in TWW where everyone you'd want to assassinate just respawns in like four turns and teleports to the stack closest to the front.

Also, this is getting ridic. Mannfred has THREE stacks marching on Mount Gunbad and gives no shits about conquering the Empire. Go away you prick. Luckily the fact that movement is so slow there + he constantly raids his way up to avoid attrition means it's easy to reinforce in time.

Meanwhile the Empire-Nordland hellwar continues, and in a super cool cinematic moment, Belegar has shown up in the south to help beat up orcs. This campaign is good and after this marathon sesh it's Star Wars time. Good sunday, good channukah.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Dec 17, 2017

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

They should just separate heroes from agents, and make agents a faction office instead of an actual model. They already cost money, so just make it cost X fantasy bux to attempt to burn a wall down or whatever.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I find agents are way better this time round, but yeah I'd prefer heroes on the battlefield and maybe some espionage screen similar to diplo if they want to add wall smashing/steal tech/ etc.

Assassination I could just drop altogether, especially in TWW where everyone you'd want to assassinate just respawns in like four turns and teleports to the stack closest to the front.

Also, this is getting ridic. Mannfred has THREE stacks marching on Mount Gunbad and gives no shits about conquering the Empire. Go away you prick. Luckily the fact that movement is so slow there + he constantly raids his way up to avoid attrition means it's easy to reinforce in time.

Meanwhile the Empire-Nordland hellwar continues, and in a super cool cinematic moment, Belegar has shown up in the south to help beat up orcs. This campaign is good and after this marathon sesh it's Star Wars time. Good sunday, good channukah.

Knowing VC it is two and a half stacks of Zombies and half a stack of RoRs.

jokes posted:

They should just separate heroes from agents, and make agents a faction office instead of an actual model. They already cost money, so just make it cost X fantasy bux to attempt to burn a wall down or whatever.

Agents are just dumb for this game. People play the game for huge fights. Not to micro manage 20 different agents.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
In Mortal Empires, do Wood Elves not get their nice defensive settlement maps for their outposts anymore? That sucks if so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Mukip posted:

Have an 'administrator' wandering round reducing building costs, especially in unfavourable climates since they reduce build times too, a rando mage stealing tech from the nearest enemy and the rest a couple of 'entrepeneurs' stacking in your richest province. High Elves have two hero classes, so put Loremasters in your armies, preferably with the healing trait, which means you can have your nobles out getting influence instead of healing your armies.

Administrator is wildly overpowered in the early and mid game because it stacks additively. Three administrator mages with the -10% build commandment in a province makes every single building in that province build in one turn, completely free. Tier 5 unique buildings? One turn, free. Level 5 dragon roost? One turn, free. You can also put your three mages in one province, queue all your builds, then move them to the next province over and queue all your builds in the same turn. You can develop your provinces at an alarming rate this way while saving hundreds of thousands of gold, and once your core provinces are shining megalopolises you can simply either ship the mages off to fight in stacks or ship them off to your frontline to rapidly develop that. You can even rapidly build in red climate with the admin trio because the build time reduction is % based. It's really, really, really insanely broken.

Late game, when you're done expanding, Entrepreneur becomes much better because Administrator is only valuable while you have buildings to build.