Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

mastersord posted:

It took me a while to find it too.

Oh hey, that's my edit, glad someone still saved it :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Dammit I forgot to post my comics again yesterday. I'm getting bad with that.

The Dinette Set

Working Daze

Super-Fun-Pak Comix

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

FrumpleOrz posted:

Old New Yorker Cartoons

I love the little vignettes by James Thurber. They're almost treated like throwaways, but gosh darn it they're Thurber.

Also, Thurber dogs are awesome.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

FrumpleOrz posted:

On The Fastrack

How the hell does the autocorrect help the kid with his dyslexia again? Wouldn't that make the issue worse if anything?
This one really bugs me because it's more than just Holbrook's typical misunderstanding of how tech works, it feels like a misunderstanding of an actual learning disability that's convenient for his story.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Vargo posted:

How the hell does the autocorrect help the kid with his dyslexia again? Wouldn't that make the issue worse if anything?
This one really bugs me because it's more than just Holbrook's typical misunderstanding of how tech works, it feels like a misunderstanding of an actual learning disability that's convenient for his story.
To be fair, if autocorrect was actually sentient as it is in Holbrook's fever dream of a comic, I could see it helping dyslexic kids.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
There was one comic where the lovely autocorrect insect was sitting on the kid's desk, which makes no sense because it's meant to be a computer program. And then on top of that the teacher hits it with a flyswatter. I loving hate Holbrook comics a lot, there is something really infuriating about the way he creates worlds where nothing makes sense.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

FrumpleOrz posted:

Kevin & Kell

loving hell Holbrook, having your main characters drive a car into a protest march isn't really a good look for you, since you've already brought up nazis/racism the association is kinda tasteless.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I know I like to love on Curtis, but you know one thing that just struck me about it that I really appreciate? The lettering. Honestly, good lettering can make or break a comic, and it's one of those things one rarely stops to think about. I think the comics I like to post all have good lettering in common, too, which is probably part of the reason I like them as much as I do (apart from their other merits).

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (May 16, 2006)

Arlo and Janis Classic (May 16, 1996)

ouch

It was intimated back in late March 1996 that Ruth's dad had left her mom, but yeah.

Garfield Classic (May 16, 1986)

If you think this is the end of the boys being stuck in the window blind, LMAO

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm reading today's Take it From Copy-paste as if they're two badly dubbed puppets. It doesn't improve the humor but it matches the tone and unchanged faces pretty well.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Vargo posted:

Assuming you only ever write while on a computer, then autocorrect helps bypass dyslexia by eliminating the need for exact spelling, as you just need to get close enough. I'm uninformed about theories of educating dyslexia but I think that's Holbrook's thinking.

Pastry of the Year posted:

Arlo and Janis Classic (May 16, 1996)

ouch

It was intimated back in late March 1996 that Ruth's dad had left her mom, but yeah.

such a good strip.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

The part of Mr. Bribery played by Mickey Rooney.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Man... Thats sick.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
That's the equivalent of worrying if you left the oven on right?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

FrumpleOrz posted:

Kevin & Kell

Ok, so she's going to build a DNA registry of every Nazi?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I assume she's going to use the Magic of Genetics (TM), "featuring Samantha from Safe Havens," to turn them all into caterpillars or something.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

That's the equivalent of worrying if you left the oven on right?

Yeah, that's the off/keep warm button most likely. So he's worrying that the rice cooker is on, keeping it's insides at a food safe/slow cooker-ish temp.
(Though some models, atleast mine, turn off after a few hours.)

Maybe he's also worrying that it's on because there's still food in it, and it's going to be a mouldy mess whenever he returns from whatever trip he's going on.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

:3: I can't wait to see how this ends!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Two Days' Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

that's a lot of wasted words when a simple "get hosed' would have sufficed.

Beautiful penmanship though!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2004 Spiderman

The Amazing Hulk

Spirit of the Staircase

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cat News is going to either add a fourth cat, or Elvis will be A Good Boy and reunite fat cat with his family.

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Manuel Calavera posted:

Cat News is going to either add a fourth cat, or Elvis will be A Good Boy and reunite fat cat with his family.

I've been hoping that one of the people will have seen the "Lost Cat" signs on the telephone poles.

(That can't have been a red herring, can it? :ohdearsass: )

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!

TofuDiva posted:

I've been hoping that one of the people will have seen the "Lost Cat" signs on the telephone poles.

(That can't have been a red herring, can it? :ohdearsass: )

All can be revealed in the original long form comic.

http://www.breakingcatnews.com/comic/breaking-cat-news-christmas-special-part-one/

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Goddammit, now I'm crying over semi-fictional cats. :argh:

On the flip side, I'm glad I got to read the FAQ since I never realized Puck was a tripod. :3:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Oh drat. He is!

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
spoilers, obv.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Transmodiar posted:

Crisis averted.
This seemed unnecessarily rude.

treasureplane posted:

I post a lot of comics, so I thought separating them like that would be easier to parse. I can just post them as one post if it's annoying people, though.
But anyways I guess there's not a real good reason to divide them up into three posts.

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

Isn't that a milkshake?
I love pissed off Uncle Sam stuffing his face with spaghetti.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Well that came out of nowhere.

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Still, we must destroy the Antichrist.

Apartment 3-G

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Mary better tell Wilbur to get the gently caress over Iris or I am going to be super mad.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Ballard Street

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Green Intern posted:

Ok, so she's going to build a DNA registry of every Nazi?

You seem to be on the right track.

The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Old New Yorker Cartoons

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set enjoys some haute cuisine.

Working Daze is too little, too late.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix goes behind the scenes.

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

FrumpleOrz posted:

On The Fastrack

Well, you're in luck, since your interlocutor here seems to have swiped the non-magnetic side of her own card, rather than doing anything that would take money from you or even her.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

FrumpleOrz posted:

Mother Goose & Grimm

Not that MG&G is ever good, but :wtc:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Johnny Walker posted:

But anyways I guess there's not a real good reason to divide them up into three posts.
I like it because it cuts down on hundred-image pages.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

holy poo poo a ghost doctor!

• Locked thread