Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Fister Roboto posted:

The best analogy I've heard is wanting to ship two bricks in the mail that have the exact same size and weight, but having to pay extra for one because it's painted red instead of blue.

I have no idea how accurate it is though.

Only most of the packages are red, and few blue. Hah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

"Why do we keep going to these things? We know he's just gonna flash us."

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

When that day comes when Trump is finally dragged out of the whitehouse I hope Garrison explodes out of sheer rage.

Happy holidays everyone!

In True Trumpet fashion, if anything bad happens to Trump he'll delete his posts and pretend he always hated him.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

the trouble with constructing net neutrality metaphors is that it's not consumers that are going to be directly targeted by it, it's going to be big websites like Netflix that are gonna get shake-downs. And if they pay up consumers won't see much of a difference, other than everything costing a little bit more than it did before, and it being harder than ever to start new web-biz.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The problem is the same as everything else, we lack basic human empathy. Most of the time it's "Oh it won't effect me so lol libs get owned" when it probably will affect them. It's like seeing that Infowars idiot celebrate the death of NN while lacking the basic understanding that his website could become impossible to reach if the companies view access to his shitshow of a site to be a bad business look.

Luftvaffel
Sep 25, 2008

But what's the point of spending $10 if you can't give somebody an avatar that will scar them for life?

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

the trouble with constructing net neutrality metaphors is that it's not consumers that are going to be directly targeted by it, it's going to be big websites like Netflix that are gonna get shake-downs. And if they pay up consumers won't see much of a difference, other than everything costing a little bit more than it did before, and it being harder than ever to start new web-biz.

I'll attempt a metaphor: It's like a highway where Volvo drivers can only go 30mph because Volvo didn't pay the highway tax.

King Superman
Nov 14, 2016

Discendo Vox posted:

What I'm saying is the dude's a full on white supremacist trying to mainstream ideas using the webcomic, like the three or four others we've found in this thread. At this point their model is so consistent I'm wondering if they're being organized.

Short answer: Yes.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It takes balls to accuse something of being a tax-funded witch hunt when your side spent millions on BENGHAZI for four years.

54.4 crowns
Apr 7, 2011

To think before you speak is like wiping your arse before you shit.

Trogdos! posted:

what even is this metaphor

"Fake evidence"

"Fake news"

Does anyone remember when fake news was about bullshit clickbait articles from Macedonia used to trick gullible idiots?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pants Donkey posted:

It takes balls to accuse something of being a tax-funded witch hunt when your side spent millions on BENGHAZI for four years.

Counterpoint: But her emails, checkmate libs :smuggo:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
lol this toon is literally "I studied the blade." Yeah you've got a tree but i've got arms, advantage me.

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 16, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I can't see that "art style" anymore without thinking of Nazi Klurf. Are we sure he didn't give up on a real job and went back to making poor excuses for political comics?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

I like the mistletoe whip. I also like that Mueller Claus is apparently getting this done with just one reindeer taxpayer instead of the usual 8/9. Finally, efficiency in government!

Someone mad about Alabama.

We've always been at war with Fantasia.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Yep, keep in saying sexual assault is actually fine, it makes you look like a really cool dude.

54.4 crowns
Apr 7, 2011

To think before you speak is like wiping your arse before you shit.

Yes Ramires your cartoons are indeed baloney. AGC

A serious question...not to go on and on about fox...but have they ever retracted a story?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Picnic Princess posted:

Yep, keep in saying sexual assault is actually fine, it makes you look like a really cool dude.

It's another thing that they act like "Oh he wasn't proven guilty so therefore..." "It's just rumors no facts" when they live their lives about "What bullshit can fox make up for you to be outraged about next!"

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

This is just "a thing happened" plus a mouse pun, right? Like, one shouldn't try to figure out why the FCC is a trap that caught Net Neutrality?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

That Garrison cartoon is utter trash and he is a dimwitted fascist bootlicker, but at least the song lyrics match the cadence this time.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

WE WANT DUE PROCESS.

Unless it's an immigrant. Or if we decide someone's innocent because they on ARE team.

I guess we just don't believe in the process part of due process unless we win.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Bombadilillo posted:

WE WANT DUE PROCESS.*

*For white people

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Wistful of Dollars posted:

*For white people

*For Rich, White Men, Because We've Wanted Hillary Executed For 25 Years"

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Neodoomium posted:

*For Rich, White Men, Because We've Wanted Hillary Executed For 25 Years"

Ah, but they know Hillary did something wrong. The fact that absolutely nothing has come from any of the 9000 investigations and hearings just proves how much she's managed to keep hidden.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the progress of Brexit talks – European leaders confirm agreement has been reached on the first phase – but Theresa May and Jean-Claude Juncker are at odds on what comes next"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Stephen Collins:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

I'm glad someone, at least, is just being blunt about all this poo poo. Thanks, Collins. You're good.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Does anyone have the Ramirez cartoons where the pies are DEBT? I'm trying to explain something to a friend.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sandpuppy posted:

We've always been at war with Fantasia.
As an English teacher in the middle of grading a whole bunch of essays the lack of subject-verb agreement here is driving me crazy and I need to keep from taking a red pen to my monitor.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

It's no surprise, but:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Pants Donkey posted:

Hey Pants Donk, I always was curious, who actually got those millions? Where the gently caress did that money go if not right up their assholes and into a tax shelter?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

That's the costs of hiring lawyers, investigators and flying all the "witnesses" to testify. Plus the background costs of staffers, etc.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Jerusalem posted:

It's no surprise, but:

Collins is his own very special sort of cartoonist and somehow is able to use more words than most cartoonists without it feeling like :words: I think it's that the panels have a conversational flow.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

fallenturtle posted:

At first I thought this was clever, but I think its actually a poor analogy. Its closer to how it is now where ISPs have speed-tiers. The free sporadic internet is about the same as trying to catch public wifi.

Perhaps if it was a Netflix toll road, then it would work.

If nothing else, it's very optimistic about the pricing. $0 for slow Internet? $100 for no limits?

Is this about that Huckabee-Sanders pie thing?

If so... who gives a poo poo?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shugojin posted:

Collins is his own very special sort of cartoonist and somehow is able to use more words than most cartoonists without it feeling like :words: I think it's that the panels have a conversational flow.

Yeah, it actually feels like real people talking. The simplistic style works really well with it too, and I like how much headroom he gives the frames so the dialogue doesn't actually screw with the art.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Is this about that Huckabee-Sanders pie thing?

If so... who gives a poo poo?

I honestly can't believe this is actually a thing, you're totally right that nobody should give a poo poo.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

Roy Moore rode his horse, Sassy, to the polls. I think Sassy voted Democrat.

Hard to imagine a worse candidate than Moore. But he was Steve Bannon’s man. And Bannon said, “there’s a special place in hell for Republicans who don’t support Moore.”

On the other hand there may be a special place in Hell for Republicans who stick with Bannon.

The last time Republicans went down this road they nominated a witch, Christine O’Donnell, for the Senate. Of course, she denied she was a witch. She still lost.

The last time Alabama sent a Democrat to the Senate was Richard Shelby in 1992. And even he’s a Republican now.

Not only that, NY Republican Rep. Pete King thinks Bannon looks like a “disheveled drunk.”

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Fister Roboto posted:

The best analogy I've heard is wanting to ship two bricks in the mail that have the exact same size and weight, but having to pay extra for one because it's painted red instead of blue.

I have no idea how accurate it is though.

It pretty much works, if you assume that the US Postal Service has shut down, FedEx or UPS are given complete and total local monopolies in most of the country, and the only other delivery option is a covered wagon lighting out for California territory (why the gently caress are you still running copper everywhere CenturyLink it is 2017, did you know that)

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

"They do mean things to our team, they are with the enemy." Pulitzer please.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I love that the FBI narrative has gone from "There's no collusion -> It's a big nothing burger -> the FBI is bias ->fake evidence!"

:allears:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Bombadilillo posted:

WE WANT DUE PROCESS.

Unless it's an immigrant. Or if we decide someone's innocent because they on ARE team.

I guess we just don't believe in the process part of due process unless we win.

I think the problem is a lot of people seem to think that the constitution says what rights Americans have, when in actuality it says what the American government can and cannot do. They think the rules apply to American people and not the government itself.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Gah, because of people like you!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Chip Bok posted:

The last time Republicans went down this road they nominated a witch, Christine O’Donnell, for the Senate. Of course, she denied she was a witch. She still lost.
No you loving idiot, she invented being a witch, because evangelicals live in an insane world where that's a qualification for being born again and extra virtuous.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
So the truth is in the middle somewhere? Like uhhh...people can say it whichever way they want, or something like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Xander77 posted:

No you loving idiot, she invented being a witch, because evangelicals live in an insane world where that's a qualification for being born again and extra virtuous.

Gotta fall hardest to make the climb back up seem all the more amazing. Evangelist "I used to be Satan" stories are kind of fun if you think of it as the adult version of your 7th grade friend who was totally in a really tough gang in his old school where he did lots of drugs and got into lethal street fights.

• Locked thread