Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

First drugs are free... Then when they get a taste of life without having to rest we start charging for drugs :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Drugs deprive a man of the simple pleasure of sitting on he own rear end, say no to drugs today

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Drugs are kicking rad, and making them lets you learn healing. Don't you want to heal people?

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Every night I remember to swap to my natures lore alt the server always goes down 30 minutes after I go to bed, I mean it's my own dumb fault for forgetting but I think the devs are onto me.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Simon Numbers posted:

Every night I remember to swap to my natures lore alt the server always goes down 30 minutes after I go to bed, I mean it's my own dumb fault for forgetting but I think the devs are onto me.

when is downtime, anyway?

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
Bought the game and got to the mainland after getting killed twice on newbie island by a bear. Spawned on a grid right next to the one where Goondor is and ran on over. Now I just gotta get back on and see if I can get invited sometime.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Ask in the discord and you should get invited real quick.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Tactical Lesbian posted:

when is downtime, anyway?

Whenever there's a patch. It's still in closed beta so they don't really give much more than half hours notice.

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

we got a WHOLE MINUTE of warning the other day

Werkwerk
Dec 23, 2003
Fat.
Judgement hour's supposed to be back tomorrow. That means fun things are going to happen at 7pm Pacific/10pm Eastern!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Savage For The Winjun posted:

we got a WHOLE MINUTE of warning the other day

we got 10 minutes yesterday, it was amazing

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
if you've been logged off all week while the rest of us do all the work, now is the time to log in!!!!

were gonna go murder mans in 30ish minutes from this post!!!

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
update: we burnt a bunch of shacks down and they called in all their allies or something

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
update on update: They agreed to our terms and ended the war after we broke a bunch of their poo poo.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
lol did they, I left as people were respawning so what terms did they get

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

lol did they, I left as people were respawning so what terms did they get

Reapers are deleting their claim off of 13 entirely, war ends, we also stole 5 horses and killed 5 more lol

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
we did lose a few as well but nice, werk was saying there were a loooot of bodies coming in

Mhasmic
Dec 10, 2016
Tonight was intense! We're going to need more Medically trained people on the field though. I was the only one servicing. If anybody's interested or already grinding towards send me a DM on Discord so we can talk strats; I can fill you in on what I learned and noticed to get you caught up!

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Keep an eye on their claim, as soon as it goes down we need to process all the lumber before it gets cleaned up.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Sperged out and built this on my personal claim.

On the right is the stone walls and in the centre is the castle tower, about half way up there's doors where the castle walls come out to.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
im so glad you had me drop that skeleton

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
The outer walls are up!

It only took hours on end of nonstop mining and building but they're up :v:

e: rest in piss like 70 primitive pickaxes

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Marxalot posted:

The outer walls are up!

It only took hours on end of nonstop mining and building but they're up :v:

e: rest in piss like 70 primitive pickaxes

also pictured: our first three story house where goons are already picking crevaces and turning them into their creepy waifu hidey holes :v:

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

im so glad you had me drop that skeleton

I'm hoping it inspires some serious loving wall envy so the realm of goondor can get cracking on some kickass defences.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch
I haven't seen the walls but the castle tower is legit.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Can't wait for all the house slots to get gobbled up by dudes who either never log on or log on to punch the ground only for 6 hours a day :v: is it 25 slots?

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
Game keeps crashing when I bring up the map and randomly doing other things. With the settings set on super low. Maybe next month buds.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

MaxPowers posted:

Game keeps crashing when I bring up the map and randomly doing other things. With the settings set on super low. Maybe next month buds.

repair the installation, if you've just updated windows 10 that's temporary and it's only gonna last a few more days (hopefully)

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

Come assassinate minecrafters with crossbows that are usable immediately after character creation*! JOIN TODAY

also I plopped down a guild claim on a hostile island and the enemy guild, in an attempt to starve lumber from our non-existent castle plans, chopped down over a thousand trees prematurely, basically most of all the resources.

*If you create a character, make sure you create a character of the race that you can allocate 55 points into slinging.

Where do i go and what race do I pick? This is p much all I care about in MMOs.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Dr. Pangloss posted:

whatever you do, max out your artisan at character creation. the races are pretty much whatever, though khoor is most recommended as you can get to archery very quickly by maxing slinger at creation. also max out your willpower.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Dr. Pangloss posted:

i think it's khoor

YOU NEED:

Attributes:
Everything into Constitution

Crafting Skills:
30 Artisan > Everything else into Natures' Lore (25)

Combat Skills:
Everything into slinging (55)

make sure you're a girl too, so you can have a smaller hitbox

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Dec 18, 2017

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

oh it's constitution? my b

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

it's a learning process, if you're joining exclusively to shoot mans maxxing out constitution gives you an extra 15 hp (15%) and it's relatively difficult to level compared to strength and agility (which are super easy to level).

Willpower and intellect are basically dump stats for pvpers

Strength is basically just used for qualifying for gear, Agility is ranged damage, reload speed, and movement speed which is INSANE for smallgang/archery poo poo. Willpower is stamina and carry weight, Intellect gives you more maximum skillpoints.

Agility > Constitution >>>> Strength / Willpower >>> Intelligence for pvp

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Dec 18, 2017

meatmccartney
Aug 4, 2016

it's a learning process, if you're joining exclusively to shoot mans maxxing out constitution gives you an extra 15 hp (15%) and it's relatively difficult to level compared to strength and agility (which are super easy to level).

Willpower and intellect are basically dump stats for pvpers

Strength is basically just used for qualifying for gear, Agility is ranged damage, reload speed, and movement speed which is INSANE for smallgang/archery poo poo. Willpower is stamina and carry weight, Intellect gives you more maximum skillpoints.

Agility > Constitution >>>> Strength / Willpower >>> Intelligence for pvp

Wait, you say agility over constitution, but previously say everything into constitution. For a casual pvp guy, what’s the optimal split?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

meatmccartney posted:

Wait, you say agility over constitution, but previously say everything into constitution. For a casual pvp guy, what’s the optimal split?

Sorry if it's confusing, you don't dump your initial stats into agility because agility is super easy to grind up, whereas constitution is not, and it gives you a decent chunk of EHP (15%), and if you choose instead to go agility you can over write that 15 con in 10 minutes, but overwriting the agi to con takes significantly longer (hours probably).

get:

artisan 30, everything else into natures' lore
slinging to 55
dump everything into con

you need to select KHOOR to get this stat distribution

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Gathering 4-5 regional ingots worth of ore an hour loving owns.

Also shout out to the pvp team getting me an 80 quality steel pickaxe today

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
for real, they handed me that poo poo to give you and i was like god drat

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 18, 2017

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!
OK, I got distracted by R last night and didn't get around to making my feudal dude. Since I bought the package that lets me get two characters, can they be played simultaneously or no?

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Dr. Pangloss posted:

OK, I got distracted by R last night and didn't get around to making my feudal dude. Since I bought the package that lets me get two characters, can they be played simultaneously or no?

not on the same account, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

make sure you're a girl too, so you can have a smaller hitbox

Wait, really?

• Locked thread