Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The most recent one wasn't very good despite having Sideshow Bob, the certified best character. Also it got my hopes up for a Christmas episode because they redid the whole intro in a Christmas theme. Otto smokes a candy cane like a bong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Didn't they kill off sideshow bob after having him like genetically fuse with an octopus or something even more retarded

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MissEchelon posted:

Didn't they kill off sideshow bob after having him like genetically fuse with an octopus or something even more retarded

Nah it was a cricket, ape and some kind of fish. He tries to kill himself by jumping off the dam but survives because he has gills.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

I just saw a clip where Mr Burns becomes obsessed with VR, using it to experience having a family by hiring the simpsons sans homer as VR actors (so he can take the role of father/husband). He has VR sex with Marge. Meanwhile homer discovers that you can have platonic female friends.

In another episode they go back to camp Krusty where Bart and the bullies again take over and rampage, but the episode focuses on Bart and Lisa having ptsd post camp (Bart only pretends to be traumatised at first but later discovers he really is)

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

PostNouveau posted:

Nah it was a cricket, ape and some kind of fish. He tries to kill himself by jumping off the dam but survives because he has gills.

:chloe:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

PostNouveau posted:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

don't forget that they find him as an employee of Monsarno or whatever letter they used to make it sound just like "Monsanto"

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I really think we are going to see the cancellation of The Simpsons in the next few years with the Disney purchase. I mean, the show's future basically hinges on the contracts of the VAs and they signed a new one only a few years ago. Whenever it comes due its always an ugly battle between Fox and the VAs who are like a mini-union of themselves. Now that it's Disney at the table instead I can see them just go "we don't need The Simpsons as badly as Fox did" and let the show end.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

get that OUT of my face posted:

don't forget that they find him as an employee of Monsarno or whatever letter they used to make it sound just like "Monsanto"

Mmonsanto

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Justin Godscock posted:

I really think we are going to see the cancellation of The Simpsons in the next few years with the Disney purchase. I mean, the show's future basically hinges on the contracts of the VAs and they signed a new one only a few years ago. Whenever it comes due its always an ugly battle between Fox and the VAs who are like a mini-union of themselves. Now that it's Disney at the table instead I can see them just go "we don't need The Simpsons as badly as Fox did" and let the show end.

Season 30 really should be the last.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Justin Godscock posted:

I really think we are going to see the cancellation of The Simpsons in the next few years with the Disney purchase.

I think this is likely but its equally likely that they attempt to reboot it somehow. there are probably still warehouses full of simpsons merch crap that people have stopped buying and if they can renew interest in the show especially as some sort of retro thing, they can move that poo poo and then make more

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
This cartoon is 30 years old, eh? Time to fill up the Hot Topic with hipster gear of it.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

PostNouveau posted:

Sideshow Bob, the certified best character

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Justin Godscock posted:

Have you seen Star Wars lately? They're never letting it go, and they're never letting it change.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

THE BAR posted:

Have you seen Star Wars lately? They're never letting it go, and they're never letting it change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZYNwzeqVUA

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

frytechnician posted:

The Simpsons has actually temporarily returned to it's former glory but only through the seemingly unending amount of "Steamed Ham" memes on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa1g_oh9Grc

lmfao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT-kDmOmfHI

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

JediTalentAgent posted:

This cartoon is 30 years old, eh? Time to fill up the Hot Topic with hipster gear of it.

I’ve already seen hipstery type Simpsons merch in a few shops like Urban Outfitters. There was a trend for cartoon stuff that looked kinda like bootlegs a while ago, so you had faded tshirts with Bart’s face and sweatshirts printed with donuts etc. They’ve definitely moved away from selling Homer socks that you can give your dad.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Satire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YCGFLhrMkk

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That’s somehow even worse than the last one they did on Trump.:barf:

Who’s doing that Trump impression btw? It’s really bad.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Doing more harm than good imo

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

this is the dumbest ugliest thing i've ever seen what had the simpsons on it. gently caress.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

there is no way I am clicking on that, no loving way

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SeANMcBAY posted:

That’s somehow even worse than the last one they did on Trump.:barf:

Who’s doing that Trump impression btw? It’s really bad.

I'd guess Dan

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

it sounds like Castellaneta, absolutely.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

How is it even plausible to be that unfunny

And with this kind of material to work with

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

This looks like a Newgrounds animation (not something from an animation studio with vast money and resources), I am not kidding.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

i made it a minute in
give me that minute back
for god's sake

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

every attempt at satire of Trump is worse and less funny than the real thing; he breaks comedy

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Watching that moment where he spins and the hair remains still like a static object, you can almost feel the cold precision of the software being used to create the scene.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Scudworth posted:

Oh man I hope someone posts that Fall of the Simpsons video again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMvyTlcUoD4

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Is that Family Guy?

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

every attempt at satire of Trump is worse and less funny than the real thing; he breaks comedy

not true, have you seen what SNL is up to these days? freaking comedic gold

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

:maga:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

not true, have you seen what SNL is up to these days? freaking comedic gold

Yeah, but hasn't their season been over since before Spicer left?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

the melissa mcarthy spicer thing was funny. the alec baldwin trump is not very good

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Trump's hair is a small dog!!!

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

timeless

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Code Jockey posted:

there is no way I am clicking on that, no loving way