Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I didn't know which one was supposed to be the good one until I noticed the copyright dates in the corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i'm certainly not into the big 3D sphere fella in the first DG2 screen, but the second is...bearable?

i got stuck on the last boss on DG1 so i don't feel qualified.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

waah posted:

So I tried to like Demon Gaze 2. I really did. But man it sucks. Everyone said it wasn't as good as the first, but I didn't believe them. Man was I wrong. There is one thing that 2 does better and that's a matter of taste in making your encounters with Prometh not feel creepy as gently caress.

I been debating for a few days on if I should write a bunch of:words:, but ask yourself this question. Which game would you rather be playing based on screenshots alone? The art of Demon Gaze was absolutely amazing and made up for the grind.

Art comparison 1

Art comparison 2

Take it from one of the biggest Demon Gaze cheerleaders on these forums, play a different dungeon crawler and don't bother with Demon Gaze 2. Not even when it's on sale. If you get the urge for some Demon Gaze, replay the original.

how do these games work

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
if you know wizardry, it's wizardry except the classes are types of waifu

Ryoji
Sep 1, 2012
I played Demon Gaze 1 for a couple of hours yesterday, not sure if I will jump back to it. It felt a bit pointless :/ Just easy opponents, same attack patterns and a lot of grinding

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Happy 6th Anniversary, Vita.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Even if no games ever come out for it again I still use my Vita for remote play to my PS4 to play Persona 5 in bed and things like that

It was a neat little system

I love my dead gay handheld

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
Demon Gaze 2 sucks because you can't just create your own team. You have to use premade waifus. :qq:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Honestly my Vita has gotten more use than my 3DS in 2017. That’s probably mostly because I discovered Persona though

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Is Mary Skelter any good and can you disable the creepy stuff?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

if you know wizardry, it's wizardry except the classes are types of waifu

poo poo, the art style drove me away but this description piques my interest

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

mandatory lesbian posted:

you can probably get better games in this genre on dlsite

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Idea Factory title sales are good until 1/9/2018 unlike the rest of the stuff in the sale.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Pablo Gigante posted:

Honestly my Vita has gotten more use than my 3DS in 2017. That’s probably mostly because I discovered Persona though
I'm probably 50/50, I finished P3P and played through P4, but I've played a ton of 3DS stuff. XB2 has its hooks in me now though, so Switch is all that's getting played.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I kinda perked up too because Wizardry dungeon crawlers own but then I remembered how bad Class of Heroes was and that was only slightly anime.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
As long as there are video game pervs, the Vita will never die.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The pervs have the new Vita, a Switch.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

.. reading comp fail

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Healbot posted:

The pervs have the new Vita, a Switch.

Nintendo does not have the same light-touch approach to pervs as Sony does.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The switch does not even have one game where you hold it vertically and masturbate the console. Checkmate.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

The switch does not even have one game where you hold it vertically and masturbate the console. Checkmate.

Yet.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

No, but
http://www.businessinsider.de/nintendo-switch-senran-kagura-hd-rumble-breasts-2017-4?op=1&r=US&IR=T

quote:

More specifically, what's being demonstrated is related to a function of the Nintendo Switch gamepads, called "HD Rumble." Through this, players are able to "feel" various things while holding each of the Switch's small gamepads.

In the example given in the video, fake lab technicians are seen "testing" the HD Rumble's ability to replicate the feeling of breasts.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
How did I know that link would be about Senran Kagura before I clicked on it...

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

That jello dropping onto a plate is hella sexy

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

SpacePig posted:

Nintendo does not have the same light-touch approach to pervs as Sony does.

how quickly we forget the classic ds game, grope animes with your stylus: doki doki majou shinpan
:nws:https://imgur.com/pvtGG0u:nws:

and before you say this was some one-off misstep that nintendo made, snk released two sequels!! :henget:

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 18, 2017

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

finally a game system that can shake the way that jars of marbles breasts do

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

The White Dragon posted:

how quickly we forget the classic ds game, grope animes with your stylus: doki doki majou shinpan

and before you say this was some one-off misstep that nintendo made, snk released two sequels!! :henget:

Look man that's not weird, I've gotta find those witches and by god if I get an erection by doing it is that really so terrible.

the answer is yes

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

If you think that's NWS you are going to get wrecked if you check out the Vita offerings.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The game has been out for a while now. It's just the SK dressing room grabby hands with a "finisher" mini-game that uses a waggle motion to interact. HD Rumble is only used in a selection screen which involves rubbing the character's hands.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Truga posted:

you can probably get better games in this genre on dlsite
but how many of them name different classes after waifu archtypes

like im assuming the classes in demons gaze is like, tsundere as some kind of brawler, the shy girl is a healer, emotionless girl is a wizard, stuff like that

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://gematsu.com/2017/12/catherine-full-body-announced-ps4-ps-vita

Vita means life

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Yeeeees, more Catherine!

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

but how many of them name different classes after waifu archtypes

like im assuming the classes in demons gaze is like, tsundere as some kind of brawler, the shy girl is a healer, emotionless girl is a wizard, stuff like that

The first game's a pretty average dungeon RPG with typical classes from which you build your own party. There's also lots of boobs and not so many clothes in it, but no more so than you'd expect from a Vita game. The second game gives you a fixed cast of playable characters who are a bit more like what you're thinking of, though.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I've never played Catherine, I look forward to playing it on the PS Vita Four

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The game will feature a 'third Catherine'. Can't wait to meet Qatherine.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

This is exactly the game I want on my Vita

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Saint Freak posted:

The game will feature a 'third Catherine'. Can't wait to meet Qatherine.

Or Khatherine :420:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I bet it's going to be something like Katrina or Katerina or something.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

it'll be Gaelic

Ghaodhlleiryndl (pronounced Catherine)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's a remake with additional content? Or a new game? Or both?