Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hulk am good role model for teens with anger issues and abuse history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Cap needs to use more spirit gum on his mask.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
He's just wearing a rad hoody.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

I know it's meant to be touching moments, but I can't help but see Hulk actually tossing Captain Marvel away and was just trying to wake Captain America up and was like "Hey Cap, it's time t---OW WHAT THE gently caress MAN WHO THREW THAT"

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I know it's meant to be touching moments, but I can't help but see Hulk actually tossing Captain Marvel away and was just trying to wake Captain America up and was like "Hey Cap, it's time t---OW WHAT THE gently caress MAN WHO THREW THAT"

He's tossing and catching her for her birthday! Whee! Whee!

I'm at least 80% sure Carol is going to walk off any fall in Earth gravity.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Elfface posted:

I've always liked that her day job is "test pilot for planes we think are going to explode."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

wiegieman posted:

I've always liked that her day job is "test pilot for planes we think are going to explode."

As opposed to Hal Jordan's "test pilot for planes we hope will explode" :rimshot:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Elfface posted:

Then he's going to make her a sandwich like he did for Spider Woman.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

What are you doing in my swamp?!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Is that Steve Dillon

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

site posted:

Is that Steve Dillon

I don't know how you could possibly tell that just from the face.
(Yes, of course it is)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Don't know the issue.

Mr. Freeze was always my favorite Batman villain :smith: Dude just wanted his wife back.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Dec 17, 2017

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Don't know the issue.

Mr. Freeze was always my favorite Batman villain :smith: Dude just wanted his wife back.

Batman/Mitsubishi product placement seems inappropriate.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Dude just wanted his wife back.

And also kill people:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It's almost like different authors have different interpretations of a character or something.

(Also, the former is very clearly BTAS Freeze, and the latter is not.)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Yeah I probably should have specified BTAS Freeze.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Yeah I probably should have specified BTAS Freeze.

I think it's okay for you to not have to say "I like X character when they're written well and I don't when they aren't" every time. Most people just assume.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

SonicRulez posted:

I think it's okay for you to not have to say "I like X character when they're written well and I don't when they aren't" every time. Most people just assume.

True. But, and hear me out here, what if X character finally went too far?!

What a twist that would be!

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
The cartoon Mr. Freeze is still a violent and vindictive jerk who was ready to kill Barbara Gordon to get his wife back, and, when she came back to life and found a happy life with somebody else, was committed to killing everyone else in Gotham City out of spite. He's a compelling character and he's in some great episodes but, like, there's a reason he's a Batman Villain and not Batman's Snow Friend.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

True. But, and hear me out here, what if X character finally went too far?!

What a twist that would be!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Also lmao did somebody just imply that Gotham Central is an example of anyone being written poorly.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Good start. Needs a bit more 'oomph' though. Maybe add an ice pick through his skull to drive home the point(heh!) that he's a dangerous and craaaaaazy mofo! Maybe make him into a cannibal too? Have him carry around finger popsicles of people he's killed. Bonus points if they're primarily from children.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

I am the guy in the background getting inked in the second photo, suddenly feeling better about his life choices.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

God. That whole storyline is just heartbreaking. The whole series is all about loss and its aftermath. And about recovery and those personal moments of grace.

Tom King is just knocking it out of the park with his run of Batman. Batman is still broken and he knows he is, but he's the most human he's ever been in King's issues.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Pretty much all of Batman #37 could go here, Funny Panels and Badass threads, the whole "double date with Superman/Lois and Batman/Catwoman".

Batman managing to hit a pitch thrown by Superman is peak :spergin: but pretty much perfectly done as the end of the comic.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Pretty much all of Batman #37 could go here, Funny Panels and Badass threads, the whole "double date with Superman/Lois and Batman/Catwoman".

Batman managing to hit a pitch thrown by Superman is peak :spergin: but pretty much perfectly done as the end of the comic.

In regards to your spoiler if Superman threw the ball any faster the ball would break apart and therefore wouldn't be considered a strike

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Madkal posted:

In regards to your spoiler if Superman threw the ball any faster the ball would break apart and therefore wouldn't be considered a strike

I know that. Batman hitting a baseball that is moving somewhere between 105mph and whatever the actual speed is that would result in the ball flying apart is still pretty badass, though. Unless Superman intentionally threw it slow so Batman could hit the ball.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

How could anyone seriously doubt his skill as a batter?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

are you saying he's...

batman

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

are you saying he's...

batman

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

are you saying he's...

batman
I don't get it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Actually if Superman threw it as hard as he could, he'd kill everyone

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Great observation. "Superman is unrealistic"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kill Six Billion Jokes

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Proteus Jones posted:

God. That whole storyline is just heartbreaking. The whole series is all about loss and its aftermath. And about recovery and those personal moments of grace.

Tom King is just knocking it out of the park with his run of Batman. Batman is still broken and he knows he is, but he's the most human he's ever been in King's issues.

If people like his comic books I highly recommend the novel King wrote a couple of years ago, A Once Crowded Sky.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

muscles like this! posted:

If people like his comic books I highly recommend the novel King wrote a couple of years ago, A Once Crowded Sky.

Holy poo poo yes this book was good

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
poo poo that was Tom King? Wow. OK, I need to pick up his Batman collection yesterday

Also, was that them swapping clothes a few posts up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

CzarChasm posted:

poo poo that was Tom King? Wow. OK, I need to pick up his Batman collection yesterday

Also, was that them swapping clothes a few posts up?

Everyone should be reading everything Tom King writes or has ever written