Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

empty whippet box posted:

Northam's clearly bought and paid for by the same rich pieces of poo poo who buy and sell republicans. I don't really see any other way to explain it, honestly. Virginia got suckered into thinking they were voting for a democrat; instead they voted for another stooge of the rich. Ohhhh well.

Well he already hosed up his image with me, I won't believe it until I see it now. As far as I'm concerned he's just another centrist doing what the rich people say while pretending to be a democrat.

The bitcoin truther says it, so mote it be.

Honestly, this was one of his central campaign platforms. Watch his actions, not his rhetoric. It’s like none of you have learned anything from this year except how to blow up your own blood pressure.

E: lol make it $40 that dude has spent in 36 hours

Your Boy Fancy fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ketchup vs catsup posted:

incoming State of the Union tweet thread holy poo poo

Tweet of the Union

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

FizFashizzle posted:

I'm sure most people in congress would prefer the president just takes a hard pass this year.

Yes but according to all the posts I just read it has to be a speech so :shrug:

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Crow Jane posted:

My birthday is on Tuesday. If any of the Mueller stuff drops then it'll *almost* make up for the fact that the final electoral college vote happened on that day last year

Merry Oldmas for Tuesday.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Thanks for this. Made my morning.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Waiting for a dem to yell "you lie!" So I can get the 09 SOTU controversy from the other end.

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003

Cactus Jack posted:

I'm really hoping the Democratic Party figures out again, like they knew from the 30s to the 70s, that people like getting entitlements that improve their lives. And with these entitlements, people will fight to keep them and will *gasp* show up to vote for the party that pushed the entitlements through.

This is sort of adjacent to your point but I have a personal pet peeve of people on the left thinking the word "entitlements" is bad to use. I see this on Facebook all the time. They're entitlements; they were specifically called entitlements for a reason. Because you paid OASDI throughout your working career and now you are entitled to those benefits in your old age. They can't be taken away.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Fulchrum posted:

You mean like they did after Obamacare, the single biggest new entitlement of the last half a century?
The one that the Republican party spent a decade sabotaging, undermining, and releasing constant propaganda but ultimately couldn't repeal due to it's overwhelming popularity?

That entitlement? The one that still exists?

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Grapplejack posted:

Waiting for a dem to yell "you lie!" So I can get the 09 SOTU controversy from the other end.

Actually a coordinated chant about the president lying would probably help them, trigger the alt-reich and get politifact to rate it somewhat true.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

"I hit recall, that means I didn't mean to send it. You have to honor the recall!"

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Azhais posted:

Tweet of the Union

"The President has made it very clear that he considers the tweet to cover his agenda for the new year. I trust that we can let this go now, my kids are waiting for me"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/942083766272561153?s=17

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

nobody gives a poo poo what you think either buddy, welcome to the club

The difference between you and me: if you never posted again, this thread would *improve* measurably in quality.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 17, 2017

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Tibalt posted:

The one that the Republican party spent a decade sabotaging, undermining, and releasing constant propaganda but ultimately couldn't repeal due to it's overwhelming popularity?

The one that got them loving hosed in 2010, 2014 and 2016? That one that you're claiming people will turn out to vote for the dems for?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rust Martialis posted:

The difference betweem you and me: if you never posted again, this thread would *improve* measurably in quality.

So why is it a difference if it applies just as validly to you?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Tibalt posted:

Fulchrum posted:

The one that got them loving hosed in 2010, 2014 and 2016? That one that you're claiming people will turn out to vote for the dems for?

Both can be true. Initial backlash, fail to destroy in court, Dems run away from it in a failed attempt to save themselves. Then people realize changing it again would be worse, and 2017 happens.

I would push back on 2016 being a referendum on Obamacare, too, if only because 2016 was a referendum on gently caress You All. 2017 and onward appears to be a response of No, gently caress You Right Back.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Your Boy Fancy posted:

The bitcoin truther says it, so mote it be.

Honestly, this was one of his central campaign platforms. Watch his actions, not his rhetoric. It’s like none of you have learned anything from this year except how to blow up your own blood pressure.

Bitcoin truther? the gently caress are you talkin about?

Rust Martialis posted:

The difference between you and me: if you never posted again, this thread would *improve* measurably in quality.

lmao

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Bitcoin truther? the gently caress are you talkin about?

A friend of mine has mined over 30 grand(not sure exactly how much he mined, but last time I was at his house he had 2.5 bitcoins in his coinbase wallet) in bitcoin in the last six months and also just made another shitload prospecting a cryptocurrency called davor coin; dropped $5000 in bitcoin into the ICO when it opened at 85 cents a coin and turned all of it back into bitcoin once it hit $10 a coin, netting over 40 thousand dollars in profit. While there's plenty of such stories, it's pretty naive to think that such a situation could possibly continue; it's a gold rush / wild west situation where the market's going to get oversaturated and is already full of scams and ripoffs. He could just as easily have lost his $5k to a company taking the money and running. He estimates he'll be able to do this for another couple months before the rush is over, but he's already made more than most people in america make in a year by shuffling fake money around on the internet. Cryptos be craaaaaazy, man.

It was a particularly funny derail. I honestly don't know enough about bitcoin to know your experience, but I know enough of the people who dogpiled you read way more about it.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

There's a reason she's not conceding. :10bux: says that reason contains the word "uppity" somewhere in it.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Your Boy Fancy posted:

It was a particularly funny derail. I honestly don't know enough about bitcoin to know your experience, but I know enough of the people who dogpiled you read way more about it.

It rapidly became obvious it was stdh.txt.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I'm confused about which part of that makes me a 'truther'. I understand the risks involved, I don't deny them in any sense, and I went to the yospos bitcoin thread and sought out more information and a greater understanding as a result of the conversation in the thread. You're just trying to be a stupid dickhead about some petty poo poo to score points.

Rust Martialis posted:

It rapidly became obvious it was stdh.txt.

I have posted zero stdh anywhere on the forums. Just because bitcoin is volatile and a bad investment doesn't mean people aren't getting lucky and making money off of loving with it.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Literally me whenever there's a crypto currency derail:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Fancy, what happened? who did you piss off? :crossarms:

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Saxophone posted:

There's a reason she's not conceding. Ten bucks says that reason contains the word "uppity" somewhere in it.

You read my mind.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Koalas March posted:

You read my mind.

I actually get quoted and agreed with by KM and I don't get a gif? I feel robbed. Robbed I say!

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Wark Say posted:

Fancy, what happened? who did you piss off? :crossarms:

No idea, but I think we're attempting to buy Lowtax's daughter a Christmas present. Since it costs the other guy $10 and me $0 since a friend gave me a cert, it's even funnier.

Koalas March posted:

As long as it doesn't trigger a real-world financial crisis, it's just people kinda going crazy over Diablo chat rooms circa 1999, only for adults.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I'm confused about which part of that makes me a 'truther'. I understand the risks involved, I don't deny them in any sense, and I went to the yospos bitcoin thread and sought out more information and a greater understanding as a result of the conversation in the thread. You're just trying to be a stupid dickhead about some petty poo poo to score points.

I have posted zero stdh anywhere on the forums. Just because bitcoin is volatile and a bad investment doesn't mean people aren't getting lucky and making money off of loving with it.

As you know, it's an unconscionable waste of energy and you are objectively a bad person for being involved in any way. Your image is already damaged with me.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Saxophone posted:

I actually get quoted and agreed with by KM and I don't get a gif? I feel robbed. Robbed I say!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/942206231136976896?s=17

a coup

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Koalas March posted:

You gotta go with the classic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015
Everyone should tweet to Trump about the importance of acid washing your emails. Do it with your jeans if you need to.

Also I'm starting to see Mueller as an old Roman dictator, who serves until the crisis is resolved and steps down with honor, because at this point why the gently caress not.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

If only.

Arglebargle III posted:

You gotta go with the classic!

Lmao. I love this.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Quick someone send He-Man over to Fox News!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

they're shook as FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Holy poo poo, I had heard Fox News was beginning to get more radical and hyperbolic, but to use the word coup?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Rinkles posted:

a little slipshod

:five::five::five::five::five::five:

Malaria posted:

I'm pretty excited for his first state of the union speech.

You mean the one he gave this past January? Remember, that's when the "Trump became president" fawning over him for being able to read a speech happened.

cr0y posted:

Or i guess more specifically, it sounds like these emails were used to craft the scripts used by Muellers team to question people. Those people being questioned didnt know the message were in Muellers hands.

:lol: Bob is a loving gangster

This is so wonderfully brutal if that's how it all played out.

It's not hard to understand who Mueller's team has no leaks. Not only is it full of top-tier lawyers, but even the staffers working for those lawyers know full well that this investigation is going to make or break their careers.

The average person isn't suffering because Trump's a rapist, they're suffering because the GOP is literally robbing them to give more money to the rich.

RuanGacho posted:

Its kind of dumber because they actively tried to make sure no one would ever know it existed and even if they did that it would ever see the light of day, the only thing they could have done worse is if they actively ordered the server deleted but they apparently thought thats what Hillary did and probably the only reason they didnt.

This is literally what the Bush administration did and what the Trump administration is currently doing with their @gop.com email addresses as well.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Yea with the reaction from Trumps legal team as well as Fox its pretty obvious there is some hilariously troublesome poo poo in there.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Can someone explain to me how an election for Mayor of metro Atlanta comes down to 800 votes between the Democrat and the Republican?

Also, why are Democrats not raising holy hell every day about the Trump administration using PRIVATE loving EMAIL?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

OhDearGodNo posted:

Holy poo poo, I had heard Fox News was beginning to get more radical and hyperbolic, but to use the word coup?

There trying to galvanize the base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
The fix was in from the beginning and that's why the election of President Clinton should be thoroughly investigated

• Locked thread