Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
gently caress Nintendo. Fromsoft for life!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

AgentJotun posted:

gently caress Nintendo. Fromsoft for life!

Turn off your monitor

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Powershift posted:

Progression in F1 2018 will almost certainly be entirely through loot crates.

Video gaming is dead.

Nah, recently bought the new Wolfenstein game, it's rad. Who knew killing robot Nazis in high definition would be so much fun???!

Tiny Aorta Fairy
Dec 16, 2017
And what did you do for the other 22 hours that day?

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
so whens the race on

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dubs posted:

so whens the race on

Next race is *checks notes*

Jan 28th.

Unless you mean "F1 race" and not "race that has F1 drivers in it" in which case wait a while.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Imagine beeing at Ferrari right now.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.

iospace posted:

Next race is *checks notes*

Jan 28th.

Unless you mean "F1 race" and not "race that has F1 drivers in it" in which case wait a while.

when race

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

tuo posted:

Imagine beeing at Ferrari right now.

I'm surrounded by idiots with terrible ideas and opinions that will never achieve anything of note. The Worst Thread basically is Ferrari.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
The British sports personality of the year gets awarded tonight. Our Lewis is nominated but given the BBC's awful bias against him I fully expect he'll get voter-frauded out of the contest.

I heard the BBC management is hell-bent on giving the award to Rosberg so they're having Andrew Benson look through his genealogy for British ancestors as we speak

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

poty posted:

The British sports personality of the year gets awarded tonight. Our Lewis is nominated but given the BBC's awful bias against him I fully expect he'll get voter-frauded out of the contest.

I heard the BBC management is hell-bent on giving the award to Rosberg so they're having Andrew Benson look through his genealogy for British ancestors as we speak

Lol it's ok he has the taxpayer jet.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Theophany posted:

Lol it's ok he has the taxpayer jet.

Considering the unicorn-soft Brexit we're negotiating, the jet money would have ended up in the pockets of some German farmer of genetically-modified chickens fed with nuclear waste, who would then export them into the meals of our schoolchildren. I'd rather have Our Lewis keep the money.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

poty posted:

Considering the unicorn-soft Brexit we're negotiating, the jet money would have ended up in the pockets of some German farmer of genetically-modified chickens fed with nuclear waste, who would then export them into the meals of our schoolchildren. I'd rather have Our Lewis keep the money.

:golfclap:

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
race wen race

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

poty posted:

Surely the guy who won the first ever fia electronic f1 series should win. Britain is undefeated in electronic f1

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lewis will at best come third to Anthony Joshua and Mo Farah. I’m going to take a wild guess that the man with four championships and a knighthood, without the benefit of a entire factory worth of people helping him is going to win.

The confusion and rage in the comments sections from his fans when they work out that they can’t accuse anyone of racism is going to be glorious.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
There is nothing within the voting rules for Sports Personality Of The Year that the winner has to have a personality

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Lewis will at best come third to Anthony Joshua and Mo Farah. I’m going to take a wild guess that the man with four championships and a knighthood, without the benefit of a entire factory worth of people helping him is going to win.

The confusion and rage in the comments sections from his fans when they work out that they can’t accuse anyone of racism is going to be glorious.

F1 is a stupid sport for idiots, we're under no illusions of this.

However it is approximately 1000% more legitimate than boxing and athletics.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA8lh4SO4ZY

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Pls don't doxx me.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

NtotheTC posted:

F1 is a stupid sport for idiots, we're under no illusions of this.

However it is approximately 1000% more legitimate than boxing and athletics.

Reminder of that time Lewis won a WDC and came 7th, and the winner was a openly racist wife beating boxer who managed to luck himself into one win.

Or that other time he won a WDC and didn’t even get nominated.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

He has a helmet on, just punch him in the ribs. Paul tracy made the same mistake.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

Reminder of that time Lewis won a WDC and came 7th, and the winner was a openly racist wife beating boxer who managed to luck himself into one win.

Or that other time he won a WDC and didn’t even get nominated.

Say what you will, that guy definitely has a personality

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

learnincurve posted:

and the winner was a openly racist wife beating boxer who managed to luck himself into one win.

You're going to have to be far, far.... far more specific here.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

ilmucche posted:

He has a helmet on, just punch him in the ribs. Paul tracy made the same mistake.

you can open up the visor and punch eyes

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I hope Froome wins and gets booed.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Froome getting exposed as a fraud redeemed 2017 for me.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Probably the most British thing you could possibly do is:

1. participate in a sport filled with cheaters
2. talk nonstop about how much you don't cheat
3. dominate
4. get found out as a cheat anyway

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

Probably the most British thing you could possibly do is:

1. participate in a sport filled with cheaters
2. talk nonstop about how much you don't cheat
3. dominate
4. get found out as a cheat anyway

I didn't know Lance Armstrong was British

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

I didn't know Lance Armstrong was British

Everyone else was cheating too! It's not fair.

Anyway, gently caress Chris Froome.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I have fond memories of the Floyd Landis tour.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The thing about cycling is differentiating between badass cheating and boring, lovely cheating. Landis winning the Tour, Contador, and that time Chris Horner won the Vuelta are the former while Froome and basically all of Team Sky is definitely the latter.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Of course this thread bought the fake news about Our Froomey hook, line and sinker. It's me, I'm the guy who takes EU lab results, from Spain of all places, at face value.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lance Armstrong was definitely badass cheating just because of the mafia-like nature of their scheme. He was literally The Godfather of cheating.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wicka posted:

Lance Armstrong was definitely badass cheating just because of the mafia-like nature of their scheme. He was literally The Godfather of cheating.

I considered him lovely cheating mainly because I hated the mainstream media coverage of him, kinda like the UK press and Team Sky (The World's Cleanest Cycling Team). I definitely get what you mean, though.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I considered him lovely cheating mainly because I hated the mainstream media coverage of him, kinda like the UK press and Team Sky (The World's Cleanest Cycling Team). I definitely get what you mean, though.

I would not be surprised if we find out Lance ordered his team to kill someone.

poty posted:

Of course this thread bought the fake news about Our Froomey hook, line and sinker. It's me, I'm the guy who takes EU lab results, from Spain of all places, at face value.

Pleasure to meet you sir, I'm Guy Who Doesn't Find It Odd That Literally Every Elite Cyclist Has Asthma.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I literally stopped following cycling because of Team Sky. I might get back into it now that their fraudulence has been exposed.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Knowing Spain's doping history I'm guessing they just forgot that they had set the machine to invert the results so it would only raise an alert if no drugs were found

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

poty posted:

Knowing Spain's doping history I'm guessing they just forgot that they had set the machine to invert the results so it would only raise an alert if no drugs were found

This is extremely plausible.

• Locked thread