Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Pivo posted:

Some people on RFD yesterday were saying it took them 2-3 hours total.

57 minute mark got me to the level one guy who took my name/number and transferred me to retentions. I'm almost done my third loop through the Koodo Christmas hold music play list.

Only in Canada. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

BGrifter posted:

Approaching the one hour mark on hold with Koodo. gently caress Canadian telecom.

Well, you have to expect that, since they're using their own infrastructure to transfer you to their outsourced call centre overseas. :ironicat:

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Mister Facetious posted:

Canadian Cellular: We Think All of Our Customers Are Retards

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I just changed to a new share everything plan with my 40% corporate discount so I'm probably not eligible for this, but drat, nice deal

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I wish Koodo would just waterboard me. An hour and a half on hold, three times through their Christmas playlist.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

BGrifter posted:

I wish Koodo would just waterboard me. An hour and a half on hold, three times through their Christmas playlist.

Stay strong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcnuj4u-2ic

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I called up Koodo twice and it just hangs up. :lol:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Housh posted:

I called up Koodo twice and it just hangs up. :lol:

People on RFD are reporting three hours on hold then a hangup.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Virgin only took me like 40 minutes on hold yesterday and then the L1 agent was able to handle my change. I'm simultaneously astonished it was that easy and laughing my rear end off that this is what counts as "easy".

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
There may be more advantage to the Public Mobile "there's nobody to phone even if you want to" approach than I thought!

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I'd like to imagine that given it's a weekend there's only a skeleton crew at the call centres and tehy're all just getting ready to quit.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I might just call tomorrow during the day when most people are at work and maybe Koodo has more staff. The deal is on until the 19th right?

I barely get to half the 5GB I have on the SK plan but to double it for $10 isn't a bad deal. I end up using my phone data more than public wifi offered at places these days because :tinfoil:

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Dallan Invictus posted:

Virgin only took me like 40 minutes on hold yesterday and then the L1 agent was able to handle my change. I'm simultaneously astonished it was that easy and laughing my rear end off that this is what counts as "easy".
Change to what? Is there a deal?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

odiv posted:

Change to what? Is there a deal?

Yeah, the Big 3 (or at least their flanker brands?) are responding to Freedom's price drop to 10GB for $50 with promotional "10GB for $60" BYOP deals this weekend. Virgin's also has unlimited Canada-wide calling/texting, I assume the others do as well but I can't speak for them.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Dallan Invictus posted:

Yeah, the Big 3 (or at least their flanker brands?) are responding to Freedom's price drop to 10GB for $50 with promotional "10GB for $60" BYOP deals this weekend. Virgin's also has unlimited Canada-wide calling/texting, I assume the others do as well but I can't speak for them.

Here's what the Rogers plan includes. And yes it's 10Gb, just doesn't show the bonus on the email but says 10 when I sign in on their website.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

gently caress that's a good plan, I wish I could do it

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Took me three hours and six minutes to finally get the level 2 guy but it's done. $60/month 10gb unlimited calling/texting. The CSR was saying some people are waiting 4+ hours and that it seems half the country is calling.

It did kind of annoy me the way the guy kept saying they were breaking the rules for me and I was totally getting something I shouldn't, but meh, it's done now.

Edit: Ha. Additional data is up to $7 per 100mb. Doubt it'll be a problem for now with a 10gb cap, but it's kinda funny they'd jack up the overrun costs as a petty little gently caress you with the new plan.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Does Koodo charge you $10 for support to make the account change?

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Housh posted:

Does Koodo charge you $10 for support to make the account change?

They say they do, when you use a phone CSR to make a change you could have done through self-serve. This isn't possible through self-serve though. They waived it for me, and I thought it was hilarious how the guy was framing it like he was doing me a big favour. For what it's worth, Koodo has not once charged me for phone support, but I never call in for something I could have done myself.

Rickets
Jul 21, 2006

Them's my dancin' knees!

Pivo posted:

Some people on RFD yesterday were saying it took them 2-3 hours total.

I was on hold with Telus twice, for a total of just over 4 hours waiting, to switch my two corporate lines to the $60/10gb plan. Once I got through to someone it was done in about 15 minutes, no fuss no muss.

No fuss other than the hours upon hours of the same goddammit Christmas music! Ahhhhh

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I just got a level 1 CSR that sounded like he was out of his mind. He checked my account and said my SK account might be considered fraud (because of taxes) by retentions and I wouldn't be eligible for the plan. I just told him to go ahead to forward me to retentions. After I told him that, he changed his tune like I called his bluff.

Waiting for retentions now.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Rickets posted:

No fuss other than the hours upon hours of the same goddammit Christmas music! Ahhhhh

I want a hippopotamus for Christmas...

:suicide:

Rickets
Jul 21, 2006

Them's my dancin' knees!

BGrifter posted:

I heard that song at least three times, not sure if the loss of sanity is worth the extra 4GB/month of data

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Rickets posted:

I heard that song at least three times, not sure if the loss of sanity is worth the extra 4GB/month of data

The Koodo Christmas playlist is around 35-40 minutes long total. On hold for over three hours I heard it around five times.

I should not be an expert on the length of the Koodo hold music but here we are.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

BGrifter posted:

Honestly, it's my favourite song from the playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsvOrtcrA5c

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
It was mildly amusing the first time. Not laugh out loud funny but enough to get a smile and a “that’s cute”. By the time I got to the fifth play through after three hours on hold every song just increased the desire to kill.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Dallan Invictus posted:

Hey thanks! I somehow missed that this was getting as big as it was and thought it was much more limited in scope even though I've been reading the thread. 30 mins hold and 5 mins on the phone with the first person I talked to and now I'm on it.

Probably pretty good deal for them honestly as they're getting $15/mo more per month out of me.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

From first calling in...2hrs total phone time. Retentions immediately gave me the plan.

Woooo 10GBs!!

Btw...do I still keep my visual voice mail? I forgot to ask.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Housh posted:

Btw...do I still keep my visual voice mail? I forgot to ask.

Check on your self-serve. I kept my VVM for $2 addon without asking and my vmbox didn't reset or anything, but that's the current price. Some people managed to keep their grandfathered add-ons like 1000 free minutes to the UK etc, others didn't.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Couldn’t you go in person to some store and switch carriers by number porting? If so why are you guys bothering with waiting for hours on hold :confused:

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Pivo posted:

Check on your self-serve. I kept my VVM for $2 addon without asking and my vmbox didn't reset or anything, but that's the current price. Some people managed to keep their grandfathered add-ons like 1000 free minutes to the UK etc, others didn't.
It’s still there but I’ll check next billing cycle. I guess Visual voicemail only worked for me successfully twice. Won’t be super bummed out if I lose it but it was a cool function.

Risky Bisquick posted:

Couldn’t you go in person to some store and switch carriers by number porting? If so why are you guys bothering with waiting for hours on hold :confused:
Currently with Koodo and the only way to get this plan and stay on Koodo you have to call in.

Housh fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Dec 18, 2017

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
That's weird, the ads on Koodo's site said to ask in store for details. Glad it took me a few clicks on Rogers' website to switch.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

large hands posted:

That's weird, the ads on Koodo's site said to ask in store for details. Glad it took me a few clicks on Rogers' website to switch.
Folks on RFDs said some CSRs mentioned by tomorrow it might be available on self serve for the remainder of the deal.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
I think I'm just going to keep my SK plan, I don't think I've ever come close to 5GB and it's $13 cheaper. Tempting though.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I can't switch online with Rogers because I have an ancient business account. Their phone switch must be a towering inferno right now.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

My coworkers couldn't get the deal on Bell in the NWT. I suggested they (threaten to) switch to something else then.

odiv fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Dec 18, 2017

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

odiv posted:

My coworkers couldn't get the deal on Bell in the NWT. I suggested they (threaten to) switch to something else then.

That's because it's a BC/Alberta deal. And apparently for Koodo/Virgin/Fido, also Ontario.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Eh, I got it just fine on Virgin. :shrug:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

odiv posted:

Eh, I got it just fine on Virgin. :shrug:

Fine, but it's a BC/AB/ON deal. Threatening to leave a carrier to get a plan not available in that province/territory sounds stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yes, sorry, to be clear the parentheses was meant to imply optional. If you can get the deal with another carrier then jump to that, but if you can suggest you might leave and get the deal that way then why not? Worst case you're where you started.

I'm willing to sound stupid for ten seconds to get 10GB a month.

edit: Also a lot of "available in AB" stuff applies up here, they just don't bother to say so because who gives a gently caress about the Territories?