Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's like the goalposts are loaded on enormous springs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Has anyone else had the problem of one of their Joycon not recognizing that it's connected to the Switch? It has happened to me and I wondered if there is a solution.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

The Bloop posted:

I found Bravely because of its weird name and I'm super glad I did since it's my favorite true RPG since the SNES. I wouldn't have given it a second look if it was just Final Fantasy Fairy Flight Chronicles Quest X or something.
Fun fact: there's a game made by the Bravely people team BD that looks like proto-BD and it's called Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light so literally nobody has ever heard of it because it's as generic as possible

(it's also not particularly good but it has some interesting job system elements to it, you can see how BD grew out of it when they like, got actual money and learned how to make actually fun games)

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I have heard of that game. I pirated it when I had a DS flash cart and played it for like 45 minutes. I remember it looking really nice given the limitations of the system it was on.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Maigius posted:

Has anyone else had the problem of one of their Joycon not recognizing that it's connected to the Switch? It has happened to me and I wondered if there is a solution.

I think it’s just a software glitch. It’s only happened twice for me but a simple manual resync fixes it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Maigius posted:

My left one does this all the time when connected. It is very frustrating, so I just play with them both disconnected.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It has happened to me once or twice. I just press the sync button and all is good again.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
God drat I finally beat Odyssey and it turns out that I'm not even loving close what the gently caress. 192 more moons???

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fun Times! posted:

God drat I finally beat Odyssey and it turns out that I'm not even loving close what the gently caress. 192 more moons???

Even after those moons, you’ll be nowhere near done.:lol:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Fun Times! posted:

I have no idea how many moons you have but there are 880 total moons in the game. Have fun.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Exploring in the postgame is just as fun and seems to have just as much content as the regular game, if not more. I haven't even been to the post-game worlds other than Mushroom Kingdom yet, I'm just having fun checking out all the regular kingdoms and meeting all the other people who are travelling around the world. All the NPCs they made are so darn charming.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

:yossame:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Coxswain Balls posted:

Exploring in the postgame is just as fun and seems to have just as much content as the regular game, if not more. I haven't even been to the post-game worlds other than Mushroom Kingdom yet, I'm just having fun checking out all the regular kingdoms and meeting all the other people who are travelling around the world. All the NPCs they made are so darn charming.

Peppering random NPCs everywhere was a brilliant move and makes the world feel alive

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I have a dumb question. Is it better to hit or avoid the blue bumpers in MK8? They like, slow you down, but also give you a boost so I can't really tell if they are good or not.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

veni veni veni posted:

I have a dumb question. Is it better to hit or avoid the blue bumpers in MK8? They like, slow you down, but also give you a boost so I can't really tell if they are good or not.

Clip em at the very edge by steering into them as you pass I think. That's what I do and it doesn't seem to slow me down unless I cock it up.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

They're good but you wanna kinda brush 'em rather than ram right into them. Same goes for other karts during anti-grav sections.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

sweet, thanks.

leekster
Jun 20, 2013
I just bought the Odyssey bundle! Really loving my Switch so far! Any must haves I should get on the E Shop?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wish MK8 online had the option to play full circuits instead of just single races.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Real hurthling! posted:

I owned it from launch until pokken launched and beat its lame rear end at depth and fun.

Enjoy watching the one and only super animation twice per round every round

The rush animation literally changes based on the type of arms you have equipped so I have no idea what the gently caress you are talking about.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So is this Romancing Saga 2 game a good Switch port? I wanna support the release on the Switch, but I don't wanna get a bad port job if I can avoid it.

This is like one of the few SNES RPGs I've never played.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
Not sure if I have bad joycons, but does anyone else feel like the vibration (in things like Xenoblade) are really awful sounding and feel like something is broken when playing in handheld mode?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

empathe posted:

Not sure if I have bad joycons, but does anyone else feel like the vibration (in things like Xenoblade) are really awful sounding and feel like something is broken when playing in handheld mode?

Outside of 1, 2, Switch I barely notice the rumble at all.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

empathe posted:

Huh no i really like the rumble , except in a few games like Golf Story that overdo it. Feels especially good to me in Mario

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The rumble for the scooter in Mario is so well done.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So is this Romancing Saga 2 game a good Switch port? I wanna support the release on the Switch, but I don't wanna get a bad port job if I can avoid it.

As far as the port goes, it's serviceable. No glaring problems or anything, but it does feel more like a snes game with high res backgrounds than a modern release. The movement is kind of stiff, information isn't always presented conveniently (you can see equipment's description in your inventory, but not on the actual equipment menu, for example), that kind of thing.

The base game itself is great and holds up really well, though. If you have the patience for a snes rpg I'd definitely recommend it.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

leekster posted:

I just bought the Odyssey bundle! Really loving my Switch so far! Any must haves I should get on the E Shop?

Picross S if you’re into it and Stardew Valley

leekster
Jun 20, 2013

the truth posted:

Picross S if you’re into it and Stardew Valley

Thank you! Gonna pick that up when I'm home!

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

leekster posted:

Shantae and Steamworld Dig 2 are both on discount

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|

goferchan posted:

Huh no i really like the rumble , except in a few games like Golf Story that overdo it. Feels especially good to me in Mario

Wow. Maybe mine is messed up. I can hear the motor whirring too. It definitely sounds broken.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Enter the Gungeon is another game that does HD rumble really well. It’s subtle to the point it’s almost subconscious, but it’s there. Understated rumble, because so much is going on that to have anything be more intense, the joycon would be rumbling intensely almost constantly.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Good rumble in games is very underrated. Especially horror games.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

8-Bit Scholar posted:

it seems like a very good example of how to do a low key snes rpg upgrade without loving things up

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

And what's cool is that they're doing Romancing SaGa 3 under the same engine, so eventually all 3 of the SNES SaGas will be remade (1 is a fully fledged PS2/PS3 exclusive)

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Wow, Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero looks gorgeous. I thought the spritework on the second one was really strong, but the new style is even better. These games don't get nearly enough love, they're bursting with charm.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

empathe posted:

Wow. Maybe mine is messed up. I can hear the motor whirring too. It definitely sounds broken.
XB2 had really loud HD rumble compared to literally every other game I've played, like it was noticeable when you'd roll a gacha blade.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I missed Little Inferno back when it came out on iOS. Is it worth 10 bux on the eshop? Loved World Of Goo.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

NINTENDO

Give me Golden Sun

NOOOOOOOWWWWW

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

XB2 had really loud HD rumble compared to literally every other game I've played, like it was noticeable when you'd roll a gacha blade.

I like to put the Switch down when opening a core crystal because it makes a cool noise on the desk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Xenoblade 2 is a really good game with a UI that needs improvement and 4-5 problematic character designs

• Locked thread