Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I mean it’s easy as pie to buy Korean accounts so that’s not really an issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Cumtech Tryndamere

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm probably going to be stuck in an airport again and it sucks

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The Mash posted:

I have banned Yasuo in 199 out of 200 games I've played since individual bans came in

E: And the 1 was a mistake, dude on my team picked him and tilted off the planet

I ban riven in 100% of games I play. Even when you know how to beat her in lane, your team goes full dipshit mode and groups up in flash range of riven and she somehow gets a quadrakill out of it in teamfights.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I ban Blitz exclusively because every time the enemy team gets him, my team picks Nami Draven and even if we get a lead, he grabs our Katarina or something and they get baron and win

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Blitz can instantly gently caress a game up in the enemy team's favor even if he's 20 kills behind and he makes laning miserably unfun and stressful. Now that the terror of Ardent Rush Janna is gone forever, I ban him every game.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Poor Nunu needs a rework real bad. He's got the lowest winrate of every single position he's played in.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

No, a rework would give him new art, and thus, the removal of this

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

I think there might be a glitch somewhere.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Minion dematerializer

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Minion dematerializer and Ziggs satchel killing a tower is probably coded to do like 10000 true damage for some inexplicable reason.

Other than that, everything makes sense or is just fractions that you can’t see coming into play.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Teikanmi posted:

Minion dematerializer and Ziggs satchel killing a tower is probably coded to do like 10000 true damage for some inexplicable reason.

My favorite example of this is urgot ult doing 100% current health true damage, and then true damage of every number from 10-1,000,000 to the power of ten each just to be sure

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I ban Kat every game now

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

turns out kat's reset mechanics are loving broken when no one has resists

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

her win rate isnt too great past thirty minutes but she's one of those characters that even if you don't feed her you probably cant stop your idiot teammates from feeding her so ~just play safe~ is as per usual useless advice to "counter her"

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Monicro posted:

My favorite example of this is urgot ult doing 100% current health true damage, and then true damage of every number from 10-1,000,000 to the power of ten each just to be sure

The way DOTA and TF2 handled it is better. A skill that does 500% times your current HP in direct HP removal (so nothing can prevent or reduce it) and then if the target is still alive for some reason it forces the unit to commit suicide.

edit: I should mention, that's on Axes ultimate and the spys backstab, woo.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Tales of Woe posted:

turns out kat's reset mechanics are loving broken when no one has resists

More specifically, burst damage went way, way up, especially at early levels, and this heavily benefits reset champs since it increases the window of success for getting a reset and getting out.

Think about Thunderlord's Decree vs. Electrocute for a second. Thunderlord's had a lower CD than Electrocute by a good 25 seconds, but its base damage was only 60 by level 6 and its AP ratio was 10%. Electrocute's is 100 at level 6 and has a 30% AP ratio. In a game where base damage reductions of champion abilities by seeming miniscule numbers can plummet their winrate, 40 extra damage and 20% more AP is insane. Combine that with Coup, Sudden Impact, and the fact that almost everyone is running with base MR, and everyone except Galio pops like a balloon. AD assassins like Kha also benefit enormously from this, especially since there's a decent chunk of mages who got zero base armor increases. Xerath's pretty scary, but he may has well have 1 HP if Kha with a Dirk ever gets within Q range.

I both like and dislike the rune changes. Certain niches got their strengths heightened dramatically: poke champions deal a lot of poke, assassins deal a lot of burst, and tanks are really tanky. The issue is that I'm not sure if this is necessarily healthy for the game as a whole, because it's leading to uninteractive gameplay patterns. Leona is nearly invincible with W and Aftershock such that interacting with her in lane is suicide, which leads to the other side simply ceding lane control and farming under turret. A Kha'Zix/J4 who's even mildly ahead will one-hit non-tanks. Xerath puts out an oppressive amount of poke from 1000 units away and can simply choose to never get within range of you if he wants to. For my own part, support Lux feels like an entirely different champion in lane: E -> auto trades are an automatic loss against 90% of comps, even against champions I was previously pretty confident trading into (Leona, especially), and so all I do is sit 900 units away and spam E with Comet on their ADC until either I win or get engaged on and lose. It's not especially exciting, and I don't think it's especially fun to play against it in lane.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 17, 2017

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i liked thunderlords because the animation was cool and it was like something to play around in lane. when im playing an electrocute jungler i don't really notice it i just get a third hit on someone and say "wow they just died from full hp instantly thats pretty sad for them"

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Yay tomorrow I get unbanned and I can play again

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to reset my rank? I haven't won since the provisional matches. Will it drop me automatically? This is not fun at all.

EDIT: Okay, I was concerned when I didn't see any change after repeated losses.

eatenmyeyes fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Dec 18, 2017

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Lose enough and you'll drop ranks yeah, or just wait until the new season starts and do your placements again.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

gowb posted:

Yay tomorrow I get unbanned and I can play again

Why were you banned Gowbo

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Teikanmi posted:

Why were you banned Gowbo

I got into an argument about the holocaust with a support lux

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Lovechop posted:

Cumtech Tryndamere

That's ME

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

gowb posted:

I got into an argument about the holocaust with a support lux

ah we've all been there don't worry dude

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
did she say "the holocaust... was good"

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
League of Legends Season 8: I got into an argument about the holocaust

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

it really sucks when you are playing a set of lost games with your friend and trying to figure out what went wrong and it was him that day. on brighter news darius is still really fun to hit people with

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

pog boyfriend posted:

it really sucks when you are playing a set of lost games with your friend and trying to figure out what went wrong and it was him that day.

I think it's good to remember that no one is immune from having bad days.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I like how the win is 0/0/0

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

it really sucks when you are playing a set of lost games with your friend and trying to figure out what went wrong and it was him that day. on brighter news darius is still really fun to hit people with

I lost three games yesterday where 60% of the reason we lost was my friend playing Aatrox and it felt real bad.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Friends don't let friends play Aatrox.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Orv posted:

Friends don't let friends play Aatrox.

He gets really mad when I mention how bad Aatrox is right now and so I think instead my motto will be don't play with him if he's going top. He's fine to great in literally every other role.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Aatrox is still really good at killing people at level 2 if they don't understand how he works

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Wasnt aatrox buffed both as a champion and also with the thorn mail nerfs and sunfire buffs making grievous wounds less common

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Wasnt aatrox buffed both as a champion and also with the thorn mail nerfs and sunfire buffs making grievous wounds less common

bramble vest still shits on aatrox, tanks aren't suddenly not going to buy it vs him just because of a nerf. 1k gold to auto win lane is too easy to pass up

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Tales of Woe posted:

bramble vest still shits on aatrox, tanks aren't suddenly not going to buy it vs him just because of a nerf. 1k gold to auto win lane is too easy to pass up

Are you in the promised land of challenger because even when I'm in diamond games u u have to literally beg people to get grievous wounds

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

I like how the win is 0/0/0

The Korean solo queue classic of the top laner dying twice, throwing a hissy fit, and the rest of the team deciding to open mid.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Tales of Woe posted:

Aatrox is still really good at killing people at level 2 if they don't understand how he works
He does this far better at level 3 when you have all three buttons to push.

Aatrox, in general, is pretty good at being a fight man in top lane. He's got some noticeably bad match-ups, though.

Including this laundry list of champions:

People Who Beat Aatrox posted:

• Anyone who built Bramble Vest

Aatrox's whole schtick is that he is much worse melee version of Vladimir who attacks you really fast when he wants to all-in you. Fortunately for literally anyone who has to lane against him, this means that for a simple 1K investment they can become utterly immune to all the poo poo Aatrox wants to do to you.

Don't get me wrong, though - Aatrox is fun, and I've definitely got more than a few wins with him (recently, even!) in ranked going topside. But literally every win is against a top laner who didn't build bramble vest, and every lane loss is against someone who did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

The buffs were like... 2 more base AD, +20 damage on Q at max rank (which you get last so... irrelevant) and E does 10 more at rank 1 and 5 more at all other ranks.

His numbers and kit are still really unimpressive for a top lane fighter/bruiser, and far and away his biggest issue is still his passive needing to stack to 5 (which you only do quickly by landing Q/E/R on three people).

The Bramble Vest nerf had zero impact in scenarios you wanted to build it because it was never the damage it dealt that was an issue (although it didn't help), but rather it was the fact that it provided an inexpensive way to apply grievous wounds with zero effort to do so. At least Execs and Morellos require you to actually hit the dude - Bramble just raises its fingers to the air against any champion that relies on auto attacks and lifesteal/healing.