Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
DONT DO IT. ITS A TRAP.

actually its a very fun game and i enjoy it altogether. i just discovered jackal is fun( though i still super suck at this game)

Edit: well crap snype. To add content I have been having a hard time actually contributing to matches lately on the biker bar map. Any tips for that map to keep in mind?

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Dec 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
It has a bit of an unusual lay-out and as a defender you can quite easily rotate between the garage vault area and the fitness room/bedroom areas through the bar (though be wary of attackers pushing in through there if the round already started). Use this to get sick peeks on the attackers as they attack the objective on the other side from the roof.

As an attacker, always be wary of these peeks and breach exterior walls if possible to get extra ways in. The bar area is really the central aprt of the map and defenders often have somebody skulking in the kitchen to flank or protect the hatch (if they're in the basement level).

Anything in particular you're struggling with? Specific objectives or just general map lay-out?

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm playing at scrub level still (i played this for around 70 hours or so but never really taking it seriously and just laughing with fuze) but now that i'm taking it a little more serious i'm pretty sure everyone sucks if you're just aggressive as hell.

Knew a guy was hiding behind a wall so I just shottied out the whole wall like I was the villain in some monster movie. Dude was talking in chat about how he had no idea wtf was going on, all he could hear was gunfire and all he could see was the wall exploding.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah maybe at higher skill levels/ranked the meta revolves around pixel-width shots but down here it seems like there's a good mix of times to hold your ground and peek and times to barrel around the map like a big truck, and enough Operators that have good and fun abilities to help you do both.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Next operator confirmed to be a truck

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
We already have sledge

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pierson posted:

After some confirmed Good poo poo last night I'm tentatively willing to extend the official list of good multiplayer games from this:

1: Splatoon 2

to this:

1: Splatoon 2
2: Siege

It took me a long time to discover how brilliant Siege actually is. I bought the game last year but didn't give it a chance until this summer.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

dogstile posted:

Knew a guy was hiding behind a wall so I just shottied out the whole wall like I was the villain in some monster movie. Dude was talking in chat about how he had no idea wtf was going on, all he could hear was gunfire and all he could see was the wall exploding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW9lVcc-24U

:3 I love this game

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Anyone else having major issues with Hibana charges? Seems like almost every single round now I'll fire the charges, and 1-3 of them bounce off the wall, the other charges, or literally nothing. Makes it real hard to get a vault-able hole. I'm guessing it has something to do with firing at an angle.

The place I've noticed it most is the secret tunnel on biker bar.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Anyone else having major issues with Hibana charges? Seems like almost every single round now I'll fire the charges, and 1-3 of them bounce off the wall, the other charges, or literally nothing. Makes it real hard to get a vault-able hole. I'm guessing it has something to do with firing at an angle.

The place I've noticed it most is the secret tunnel on biker bar.

Same on the garage doors on cottage:

One out of six pellets will almost always bounce off there.

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.
Maybe it's the new throwable physics loving it up? Were you moving while shooting it?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I keep forgetting throwing physics has been added. Amount of times I've gone to strafe throw a nade, only for it to bounce off a wall and blow me up (I like cooking them til the last possible second). Very embarrassing.

I also have a tendency to breach charge myself to death when I try to do a tacticool window entrance.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

My Chanka theorycraft:

Replace his primaries with an HMG + a single 50rnd belt. Limited to walk speed when it's out, no ADS, ludicrous damage, staggers shields. Make his gadget an ammo refill box.

Makes him a heavy roamer/shield counter with ~5 seconds of full auto gently caress your face if he catches your team in a gaggle.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Q8ee posted:

I really wish operation health fixed the absolute bogus situation whereby bullets originate from the reticle when you ADS. I genuinely think they should add a mechanic that means if you're pressed tight up against a wall, your gun is forcefully raised as there's literally no space for it. It'd prevent all these absolutely filthy angles that are nigh invisible to spot.

This is an arcade shooter, dog. Go play Tarkov.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I'm not asking for a milsim lol. I totally get it's an arcade shooter, but leaving things that way just makes for really frustrating deaths. I'm hooked on this game and no amount of me bashing it will change the fact I keep coming back for more and more like the filthy junkie I am. I just want the little things to be fixed so it's perfection (like it deserves to be).

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

What you're asking for isn't a little thing at all though

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Rent-A-Cop posted:

My Chanka theorycraft:

Replace his primaries with an HMG + a single 50rnd belt. Limited to walk speed when it's out, no ADS, ludicrous damage, staggers shields. Make his gadget an ammo refill box.

Makes him a heavy roamer/shield counter with ~5 seconds of full auto gently caress your face if he catches your team in a gaggle.

Comedy option, keep him the same as now, but upgrade his MG to this fucker: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ShKAS_machine_gun

Another vintage WWII soviet gun to fit the theme, but now with 1800 rounds per minute. :getin:

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Perestroika posted:

Comedy option, keep him the same as now, but upgrade his MG to this fucker: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ShKAS_machine_gun

Another vintage WWII soviet gun to fit the theme, but now with 1800 rounds per minute. :getin:

I think giving his turret a wider range of motion and speeding up the set-up and break-down times would do a lot for him. Maybe give him an option to rip the MG off the turret and carry it at reduced speed Wolfenstein or Halo style, but you ditch the shield and can't reload when you detach the gun from the turret.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
I'm having so much fun playing this game again, holy poo poo. I'm back on the Siege train.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Sdoots posted:

I'm having so much fun playing this game again, holy poo poo. I'm back on the Siege train.

Feels good, right? I went a solid 9 months not touching this game cause I despised it. Picked it up again about a month ago. Been playing it almost daily since. The game becomes fun when you get map knowledge. Something just clicked for me this time around and I started using my brain instead of rushing around or attacking from the same angle nonstop. When you start flanking and making sneaky impact nade holes to run about, it feels so good to outwit someone.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
After trap meta I was pretty sick of it. Now I am feeling better though I honestly do still wish there were less trap operators in the game.

Or at least give me an offensive trap operator :getin:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Knifegrab posted:

After trap meta I was pretty sick of it. Now I am feeling better though I honestly do still wish there were less trap operators in the game.

Or at least give me an offensive trap operator :getin:

Claymores?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

BadLlama posted:

Claymores?

More than one please. I want lesions levels of traps. (ones I can deploy by hucking too)

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

My vote is dog operative. Sniff out dem traps

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Just let me play as the EOD bot from battlefield.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Caffeine IV posted:

Maybe it's the new throwable physics loving it up? Were you moving while shooting it?

It seems to gently caress up when moving and also not moving. Haven't noticed any consistency yet.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Jedrick posted:

Just let me play as the EOD bot from battlefield.

echo should be able to mav kill people that go under the drone and he goomba stomps them

Cup Runneth Over posted:

i like shooters that make you cycle magazines. it worked well in red orchestra where pretty much everyone died in 1-3 hits. its also funny when you put a mag in and there's only 1 burst left.

but in a game like this, that would end up with an operator whose ability is to arcade reload or something. an attacker version of rook that supplies ammo would be op as heck and it'd be funny to see defenders trying to go for it if its at the front door

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I just got this game a few days ago because it was on sale and I've heard a ton of good things about it.
Played through all of the Situations, unlocked a bunch of operators, played some matches online and so far i'm having a good time.
There seems to be a ton of depth in there and I'm kind of enjoying the whole relatively slow gameplay but relatively short matches thing.

Is there any good guide or tutorial video I can watch that would explain to me things that aren't covered in the game tutorial/situations that I need to know to properly play the game?

EDIT: Also, if I decide that I want to get the Year 1 and 2 operators, what's the cheapest way to do that?

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Dec 19, 2017

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
For year 2 you can still buy the season pass on some websites.
Don't know for year one outside of the complete edition

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

The cheapest way to get the dlc operators is to grind out 400,000 shekels like I did.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYWz1Fc4Rcw

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Knifegrab posted:

More than one please. I want lesions levels of traps. (ones I can deploy by hucking too)

Anything that will annoy cav players is a-ok by me. gently caress cav players :(

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

i used to main cav until i learned that you can still sneak around even as 3 armor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agemqREYf3E

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
I miss yacht.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

elite fuze skin is here:

and supposedly there is a hidden message:

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
A lot better than other recent, boring elite skins.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Where are the space marine themed skin.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

same, i was just learning the map when it dropped out of rotation too. And house, house is such a fun map.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

why would they take maps out of rotation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BadLlama posted:

Where are the space marine themed skin.

Where's the Gallagher skin for Sledge
Where's the donkey kong skin for Sledge