Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

gret posted:

Is it a better team than who he drove for? I know nothing about these backmarker teams.

Lateral move at worst, marginal improvement at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

someone tallied up danica's amazing career stats. in 190 starts she was involved in 113 yellows.

can we safely call her the worst nascar driver ever yet, because sweet fuckin christ.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

financially racist posted:

someone tallied up danica's amazing career stats. in 190 starts she was involved in 113 yellows.

can we safely call her the worst nascar driver ever yet, because sweet fuckin christ.

I always felt that was JJ Yeley, who still gets work for some reason.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yeley and Leffler were loving dire.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
https://youtu.be/deV_w6cwz-k

Ken Alexander

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Harveygod posted:

I always felt that was JJ Yeley, who still gets work for some reason.

Yeley was pretty fast but yeah every race he'd be running well then spin it into the wall.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Rip Ricky Patrick

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/JennaFryer/status/942748776883785728

The mullet just wasn't hot anymore, I guess. Or he didn't want to bring it back and that was it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

She's going on Joe Rogan soon apparently

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Wedding Crashers 2, starring Greg Biffle and Ricky Stenhouse Jr

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
They looked so lovey dovey on their Instagram, but alas Instagram.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

The thing is with Patrick is that she was allowed to be around far too long, and that makes her look even worse. She shouldn't be memorable at all, but when you get almost 200 starts are fail to do ANYTHING with it, that's really awful. The odds alone would suggest that you'll lead some laps, get a top 5 or two every season, and maybe even be in position to luck into a win or two. But none of that ever really worked out for her. Most drivers would be out of a ride after two or three years with stats like hers, and would be forgotten, but she got to hang around so long that it put a bright spotlight on her ineptitude.

For my money, I think Rick Wilson is the worst driver I've ever seen. As a kid I dubbed him "Crash" because it seemed like he wrecked out every week.

Lets look at their stats:

Danica:

190 starts
Wins: 0
Top 5: 0
Top 10: 7
Laps Led: 64
Lead Lap Finishes: 73

Wilson:

206 Starts
Wins: 0
Top 5: 5
Top 10: 23
Laps Led: 216
Lead Lap Finishes: 22

Jesus Christ, even Rick Wilson has better stats than her. That's horrific.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

SpitztheGreat posted:

For my money,

For her money, she probably doesn't mind as much.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

WindyMan posted:

For her money, she probably doesn't mind as much.

Which is why I'm wondering why she's even bothering with Daytona and Indy unless she's still got enough ego to think she can win one of the two in a one-off. It seems like a publicity stunt crafted by somebody (Danica or PR handlers) who want one last moment in the spotlight.

I can't take seriously an argument that she's doing it for "fun" if that's what's issued with the "Let's just hope I don't wind up in the medical center..." interview she gave after the wreck at Homestead.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

You can be bad at things and still enjoy doing them but you are probably right that it's a PR thing.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SpitztheGreat posted:

The thing is with Patrick is that she was allowed to be around far too long, and that makes her look even worse. She shouldn't be memorable at all, but when you get almost 200 starts are fail to do ANYTHING with it, that's really awful. The odds alone would suggest that you'll lead some laps, get a top 5 or two every season, and maybe even be in position to luck into a win or two. But none of that ever really worked out for her. Most drivers would be out of a ride after two or three years with stats like hers, and would be forgotten, but she got to hang around so long that it put a bright spotlight on her ineptitude.

it's not just that she was around for so long, it's also that she was in championship-calibre equipment. a lot of the other drivers that are in contention for 'worst' generally did not drive for a team as successful as SHR, who were literally winning championships with other drivers while she was there. that far more than her number of starts amplifies her badness as far as i'm concerned.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/LFR95/status/943154186002292736

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Another angle:

https://twitter.com/jim_utter/status/943143214986522624

That feels like a late '90s/early 2000s car and I approve of it.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

financially racist posted:

it's not just that she was around for so long, it's also that she was in championship-calibre equipment. a lot of the other drivers that are in contention for 'worst' generally did not drive for a team as successful as SHR, who were literally winning championships with other drivers while she was there. that far more than her number of starts amplifies her badness as far as i'm concerned.

Yes and no. I don't think anyone ever really expected her to compete for championships. A guy like Sam Hornish? Yea, you could have expected him to compete for championships, making his failure noteworthy. However, to your point, while her teammates were all competing and winning championships, she never showed any improvement. In top of the line equipment, she showed only the barest of improvement from her first season to her last. Hell, an obscene percentage of her career laps led were all in her first Daytona 500 I imagine. Literally her first race may have been her best. So, I more or less agree with you.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Kyle Petty had sex.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Kyle Petty had sex.

:stonk:

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Kyle Petty had sex.

Pics or it didn't happen

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Harveygod posted:

Pics or it didn't happen

Let's just pretend it's the latter.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005

Kyle Petty had sex.

You can't just drive by post like that.

Edit- Ah I see, he and his wife are expecting a kid. I really expected a sex tape or accidental dick pick.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

SpitztheGreat posted:

You can't just drive by post like that.

Edit- Ah I see, he and his wife are expecting a kid. I really expected a sex tape or accidental dick pick.

I mean he had one son already :911:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Kyle Petty had sex.

https://twitter.com/kylepetty/status/943640988240830472

Huh.

...what is the age difference between these two?

Peanut President posted:

I mean he had one son already :911:

Is this going to be one of those situations where the kid is one of the existing kids' aunts/uncles like in King of the Hill with GH? Somebody do the math for me here.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is this going to be one of those situations where the kid is one of the existing kids' aunts/uncles like in King of the Hill with GH? Somebody do the math for me here.

2+2=he died

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

wicka posted:

2+2=he died

He and his ex-wife Pattie have two other children, Austin and Montgomery Lee.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

He and his ex-wife Pattie have two other children, Austin and Montgomery Lee.

Don’t @ me

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

"What the gently caress was that?" - Kyle Petty on sex education

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
He is old as gently caress and she is 32. I had no idea he even remarried, apparently Patty got Parkinsons and divorced shortly after.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

fuseshock posted:

He is old as gently caress and she is 32. I had no idea he even remarried, apparently Patty got Parkinsons and divorced shortly after.

He's 57, his kids are 35 and 32 :gonk: Adam would be 37

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Did Kyle Newt Gingrich his last wife?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

dont hate the player with da ponytail

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

NASCAR 2018: Pettys neither Pull Off or Pull Out

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/Knighter01/status/943919849646034945

Nice to see a committed sponsor every once in a while

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

CBJSprague24 posted:

Probably more like the Waltrips.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Peanut President posted:

Probably more like the Waltrips.

Eddy Guerrero was only 3 years older than Chavo Jr.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

exploded mummy posted:

Eddy Guerrero was only 3 years older than Chavo Jr.

Didn't know Kerwin White was related to Eddie Guerrero!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/kylepetty/status/943640988240830472

Huh.

...what is the age difference between these two?

Yeah, Austin has a four year old, Stonewall Petty, who will be the nephew of Robert E Petty or whatever Kyle and his wife name their baby.

• Locked thread