Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ditty bout my clitty posted:

I bought mead for this christmas. 30 proof fermented honey, water and spices.

Mead gives me the worst hangovers. My friend Hendrick and I used to go out for Mead Nights in the early 2000's. Like absolutely the worst. It may have been the most terrible first hour of waking up I've ever had, and I've gone through heroin withdrawals. Our Grog Nights were always fun though! Since it's just rum, water, and lime juice you wake up feeling like a million bucks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

Burt Sexual posted:

* unopened packet on night table *

For Sale: Baby wipes, never opened.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ditty bout my clitty posted:

I bought mead for this christmas. 30 proof fermented honey, water and spices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UutK8FXjNOQ

It's how you get around the Quran

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Those ancient recipe beers can be pretty good

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I've been on this godforsaken slice of the internet for over a decade and I have maybe a page worth of posts because I'm terrified of you clever motherfuckers. I'm just spergy enough that I don't Get Jokes properly and I'm only funny through the medium of other people being funny, so every time I post here I worry that I'll be that bad post that gets mocked. I read obsessively, and I feel invested in this place and the drama and the posting "celebrities" but I'm scared to actually try to fit in, even in the grey forums. :(

:justpost:

The days of getting banned for making a bad post are over, just don't make any dumb threads and you'll be fine

Hell, go post in D&D, they're all unfunny pedant dipshits anyway

quote:

I've been meaning to figure this out but I'd rather ask it anonymously so no one thinks finds out I'm stupid.

How do you get one of those tan/brown tags on your avatar with the random text? Where did that come from? Why do people get them? I just don't get it.

That was from a donation drive IIRC

That one didn't count because I just factually answered the question really quick so here's another

quote:

So, like, I find it really hot if my partner gets off before I enter them. Like, if I get a girl off with my hand and or mouth before, then enter, I'm cumming right away. Is that like a sign I'm a considerate lover, or am I just weird?

I mean, it's probably more convenient if you don't find it so hot that you finish right away, but diff'rent strokes etc etc

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

fins posted:

For Sale: Baby wipes, never opened.

Holy Moley

Sex Goon: that’s a totally normal thing that lots of guys get scared by but it just means that you are either insecure about your relationship or your performance. If you get a woman off the first time you hook up with her, regardless of where your dick is, you are HEAD & SHOULDERS above most of her partners unless she is super confident and aggressive in asking for what she wants.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Scared of posting goon, I was like that back in 2001 where I would have a dictionary site opened to make sure I wasn't misspelling anything and proof reading every post twice before letting it go. Now you can post what ever dumb poo poo you want and as long as you don't make a habit of it you'll be just fine. Being the butt of the joke isn't so bad as long as you can laugh at yourself and embrace it. Trust me, I've been a lovely poster here for 16 years!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Solice Kirsk posted:

Scared of posting goon, I was like that back in 2001 where I would have a dictionary site opened to make sure I wasn't misspelling anything and proof reading every post twice before letting it go.

Wow that sounds like a real fun time! Nah I lurked for probably 3 years before buying an account. I thought the site was kinda sketchy till i figured it out more. Still really havent tbh

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

@ finishing partner before you get yours and ending too quickly:

News flash brov, they're faking so that your silly rear end will get finished sooner and heave your immense mass off of them. Working as intended.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Amateurs.
But yeah I lurked for over a year at least.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I largely lurked for a few years. Then I tried to make good posts. Then I got a name change. Then I stopped caring.

People didn’t start PMing me or quoting my posts until I stopped worrying about what other people would find funny and just started trying to amuse myself.

Truthfully I still end up only finishing about 80% of the posts I start but the moral of the story is that you will never be free to shitpost until you shitpost for yourself. This above all: to thine own self be a retard

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

fruit on the bottom posted:

I largely lurked for a few years. Then I tried to make good posts. Then I got a name change. Then I stopped caring.

People didn’t start PMing me or quoting my posts until I stopped worrying about what other people would find funny and just started trying to amuse myself.

Truthfully I still end up only finishing about 80% of the posts I start but the moral of the story is that you will never be free to shitpost until you shitpost for yourself. This above all: to thine own self be a retard

you should post even the posts you don't fini

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

A dude posted:

I've been meaning to figure this out but I'd rather ask it anonymously so no one thinks finds out I'm stupid.

How do you get one of those tan/brown tags on your avatar with the random text? Where did that come from? Why do people get them? I just don't get it.

loquacius posted:

That was from a donation drive IIRC

So, who do you donate to for a "Start Killing People" tag? The NRA? The Society for Applied Eugenics? I'm... uh... asking for a friend.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think that was from a Newsweek article about the state of US healthcare, so I think it's one of the D&D gang tags.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Gynovore posted:

So, who do you donate to for a "Start Killing People" tag? The NRA? The Society for Applied Eugenics? I'm... uh... asking for a friend.

This one is a gangtag, I got it by donating to Puerto Rico and PMing a screenshot to a C-SPAM mod

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Gynovore posted:

Suck up to IKs

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

just hit post you Bitch

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

here's a posting protip, include the word btich and misspell it

that way it looks like you're super hard, and also that you don't care enough to spellcheck. best of both worlds.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

Being the butt of the joke isn't so bad as long as you can laugh at yourself and embrace it.

I am not so sure, judging from this thread you might get eaten alive.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
My cultivated ecred

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Non-anon confession

I still dont understand image leeching or why its A Thing

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

the littlest prince posted:

that way it looks like you're super hard, and also that you don't care enough to spellcheck. best of both worlds.

:hai:

Tax Inductions
Jul 9, 2007

I carry refreshments to the good guys
I made the good guys some home fries

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Non-anon confession

I might have some details wrong, but I think it's
a) Posting an image directly from another site without rehosting it can eat into that site's bandwidth every time someone views the page it was posted on. Many site owners won't give a poo poo, but some smaller ones where the cost actually matters to them may get pissed, possibly leading to
b) The site owner can change the image at any time to something NWS, putting your account at risk.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Non-anon confession

Whether it's from your own personal dropbox or a random website the image will break.

This dead website will still burn out images. Hell, even twitpics sometimes get broke.

Just re-host on imgur

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Images should be prohibited on SA to save money imo

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Tax Inductions posted:

I might have some details wrong, but I think it's
a) Posting an image directly from another site without rehosting it can eat into that site's bandwidth every time someone views the page it was posted on. Many site owners won't give a poo poo, but some smaller ones where the cost actually matters to them may get pissed, possibly leading to
b) The site owner can change the image at any time to something NWS, putting your account at risk.

I remember posting on GameFAQs, back in like 2005, and forums posters would grab images from wherever and they never changed to goatse.

Is bandwidth still A Thing in 2017?

Bad Titty Puker
Nov 3, 2007
Soiled Meat
it might not be just bandwidth concerns, like it could affect analytics & who knows what else

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

I remember posting on GameFAQs, back in like 2005, and forums posters would grab images from wherever and they never changed to goatse.

Is bandwidth still A Thing in 2017?
It definitely happened here back when this website was more culturally important (and back when the amount of traffic SA could generate was more significant).

Bandwidth is still A Thing for some people (you still pay for egress bandwidth on personal websites), but most people have long since figured out that it's better to rehost on Imgur or social media simply for reliability (and to avoid the potential problem above).

yello
Nov 28, 2000

Jesus Fucking Christ I posted in a stupid GBS avatar thread and some piece of shit saddled me with this spiteful nightmare fuel.
Grimey Drawer
Scared of posting goon: me too buddy. I’ve been skulking around this dead gay forum for a decade plus. I binge on reading shitposts everyday but never have anything to add. Welp, that’s my non-anon confession.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

yello posted:

Scared of posting goon: me too buddy. I’ve been skulking around this dead gay forum for a decade plus. I binge on reading shitposts everyday but never have anything to add. Welp, that’s my non-anon confession.

How the hell you go 17 years without anything on your rapsheet?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

LingcodKilla posted:

Don't post.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

PetraCore posted:

Don't post.

What's the point of having an account then?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

LingcodKilla posted:

Spend most of them as a mod?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

fruit on the bottom posted:

This above all: to thine own self be a retard

Wisdom.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

We Know Catheters posted:

We can’t all be brave.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

the littlest prince posted:

When I was a kid, the dipshit idiot kid across the street tried to write bitch on our garage.

He wrote bicth

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I feel you, afraid-to-post goon. I started reading the forums in 2000 but only got an account a lot later. I don't post a lot, much for the same reasons as you. Still read the hell out of SA, though.

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.

yello posted:

What's up, post shy buddy.

I zen out scrolling through topics, it would spoil it to post things.

yello
Nov 28, 2000

Jesus Fucking Christ I posted in a stupid GBS avatar thread and some piece of shit saddled me with this spiteful nightmare fuel.
Grimey Drawer

We Know Catheters posted:

Came for the front page, stayed for the feshes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

LingcodKilla posted:

I lasted pretty long without anything on mine. Then I started posting regularly while drunk and that got sorted out pretty quick.