Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

AgentJotun posted:

"...I'm aware that it's not completely outside the realm of possibility that someone might respond positively to me, because they're deep in the long tail of some population distribution. But that would make ME feel bad... someone so open or generous could be dating anybody, and so there's certainly better people than me they could be with. And if their issue is low self-esteem, then I'd feel like I was taking advantage of them...

So... what's the argument, here? How is it possibly morally justified for me to find people attractive, much less approach them because of it?"

Which one of you grid girl haters wrote into Dr nerdlove?

Lol, SomethingAwful.txt

gently caress that orange guy, he got what he deserved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/133598/ferrari-f1-quit-sceptics-EUR~playing-with-fireEURTM

Marchionne is crazy enough to do this?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Yes. Hell it already kind of happened in 2009.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wirth1000 posted:

Yes. Hell it already kind of happened in 2009.

The President’s message: “There are already signs of progress for 2018”

Maranello – The Gestione Sportiva Christmas lunch with members of the media is a time for exchanging season’s greetings after a year spent together at the race tracks. Furthermore, it is an opportunity to look back at the key moments of what was an action packed championship.

“Given where we started from last year, this season we have taken giant strides forward,” was president Sergio Marchionne’s overview. “Having said that, the second half of 2017 was…character building. We learned a lot over the past six months, trying to move forward and that’s the most important thing. From back in August of last year, when we overhauled the organisation, I totally believed that these guys, with Maurizio Arrivabene as team principal and Mattia Binotto heading up the technical side, would be capable of doing something amazing. We really believed we could do much more: but in 2017, we were unable to reach our objectives. That has also resulted in some changes to the organisation of the Gestione Sportiva. We can already see significant signs of change when it comes to the team’s production capacity. The important thing is to start 2018 with all this expertise and experience and to manage this organisation. I have no doubt that we will be competitive.”

Naturally enough, the conversation moved on to the subject of the drivers: “Sebastian Vettel is a guy who studies a lot, studies himself and is committed, therefore, I think that we will see less of his emotive side. I think he has learned enough. Plus, there were plenty of opportunities for him to get annoyed, as he’s had a couple of rather difficult seasons, this year and the previous one. I continue to maintain we have an obligation towards these drivers, to give them a car with which they can race the others. I think we gave them a great car in 2017 and so, from now on, it’s down to him. As for Kimi Raikkonen, I believe he is really great, truly talented and I have never doubted his abilities. I tell you, he’s a really top guy, otherwise he wouldn’t have taken pole at a track like Monaco. I think Maurizio has done a great job with the drivers and that’s not an easy task.”

Until we meet again on 22nd February, when we will reveal the car that will race in the 2018 world championship, happy holidays to you all.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

No. It’s an empty threat and everyone knows it. This statement is just Marchionne realizing that everyone else knows it’s an empty threat and desperately doubling down.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Can't wait to watch ScudF1.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Can you imagine Ferrari, the team who doesn’t think F1 is biased enough in their favor, trying to get other teams to join the new series they own and operate? Lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm imagining it. Mmmmmmm.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The Tifosi would string him up like Mussolini.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The Tifosi wouldn't give a poo poo they just want to see Ferrari win that's it. They're all dumb as all hell and when FOTA did the split none of them gave a flying gently caress.

To them it's the team and the best interests of the team not god drat loving F1 who even gives a poo poo about F1? loving lol if you think the tifosi would get mad if Ferrari actually split. Ferrari could announce they'd be going into Brazilian Stock Cars after quitting F1 and they'd follow them right there.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

I love that they're still maintaining this stupid bluff, and committing to it 100%. This can go on indefinitely. "Oh, you don't think we'll leave? We will leave. And start our own series. The glory that is Scuderia Ferrari must shine brightly, or else we must go." El. Oh. El.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Mercedes Petronas Formula 1 racing team should gently caress off and make their own series Imo

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lol I just actually read that article, his statement basically ends with “but we’re not gonna leave.”

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Can't wait to watch ScudF1.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I don't think Ferrari are bluffing I just don't give a poo poo if they leave. It's one less source of hilarity in guess but I'm sure alfa will step up to fill the quota of Italians with delusions of adequacy

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/LewisHamilton/status/942836519534022657
https://twitter.com/dril/status/757914951868485632

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Wears helmet, and clothing that will melt into his torso and feet.....

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Lol I just actually read that article, his statement basically ends with “but we’re not gonna leave.”

Or they will if it's no longer beneficial being there, which is his point. Turning F1 into some lovely Lego brick engine formula will kill the sport.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

And while we're at it, there are systems for a reason in this world. Economic stability, interest rates, growth. It's not all a conspiracy to keep you in little boxes, alright? It's only the miracle of consumer capitalism that means you're not lying in your own poo poo, dying at 43 with rotten teeth. And a lovely engine with an Aston badge on it is not going to change that.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

:one: :five:

By which I mean 15, because this post owns, and there is a dril tweet for loving everything.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

And while we're at it, there are systems for a reason in this world. Economic stability, interest rates, growth. It's not all a conspiracy to keep you in little boxes, alright? It's only the miracle of consumer capitalism that means you're not lying in your own poo poo, dying at 43 with rotten teeth. And a lovely engine with an Aston badge on it is not going to change that.

guillotine.jpg

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

1500quidporsche posted:

Nice meltdown.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

1500quidporsche posted:

you're not lying in your own poo poo, dying at 43 with rotten teeth

well yeah we're not all brits in here

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The only good meltdown is cheese melting over macaroni.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Crapitialism, imo.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
F1 would be much better with more state-run oil and cigarette companies involved, IMO.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

F1 would be much better with more state-run oil and cigarette companies involved, IMO.

:france:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

wicka posted:

The only good meltdown is cheese melting over macaroni.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ukyo Katayama being sponsored by the Japanese Government was cool.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

V.French image.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
bring back Guy Ligier getting all the French state industries sponsoring his team because he was drinking buddies with Francois Mitterrand

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
And being given basically free engines from Renault due to state pressure!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Can’t wait until teams are sponsored by state run universal healthcare systems.

Medicare McLaren Renault

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Remember when our postal service sponsored a doping racket, that was loving badass

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I read an interview with Rene Arnoux and 30+ years later he's still a huge French rear end in a top hat. Still bitter at Prost.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Human Grand Prix posted:

I read an interview with Rene Arnoux and 30+ years later he's still a huge French rear end in a top hat.

Yeah he's French

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

I read an interview with Rene Arnoux and 30+ years later he's still a huge French rear end in a top hat. Still bitter at Prost.

Still want to know what he did to get canned after one race in 85.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
He basically admitted that if Renault just toned down the power a small amount they would have won the WDC, but then he followed it "Well I like to get the pole so I prefer the engines with the big power".

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Wasn't the rumor that Rene got fired for having a coke problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Wasn't the rumor that Rene got fired for having a coke problem

I've heard that as well as he may have hosed the daughter or niece of someone important.

• Locked thread