Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Sara
Claire
Sharon
Crow
Olivert
View Results

• Locked thread
Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Dangit that'll teach me not to believe Wikipedia next time :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Not satisfied with his accomplishments, Durante just revealed a new feature for Cold Steel 2, that may well be patched into CS1: A new launch setting that immediately loads your last save, taking you directly from desktop to playing in a second or two.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Oh that's really nice, all games should have that.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Did he run out of minotaurs and dragons to slay

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Wait now there's going to be a fourth ToCS? Just kill me now

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Cliffhangers are a thing in this franchise, especially Cold Steel.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

You will never escape Rean Coldsteel

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Tae posted:

Cliffhangers are a thing in this franchise, especially Cold Steel.

Yeah but Cold Steel seems to be taking it to parody levels.

It seems this arc has gotten away from them.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

If it's any consolation, the subtitle for 4 is "End of Saga". So unless Falcom are going to make their subtitle completely wrong, it's safe to assume this will be the end of this arc.

They also said they want to wait 2-3 years after this before releasing the next arc (Calvard probably).

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

lets hang out posted:

You will never escape Rean Coldsteel

Driven by curiosity, I backed into Rean Coldsteel's coldsteel, and now I can't back out

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Mr. Fortitude posted:

They also said they want to wait 2-3 years after this before releasing the next arc (Calvard probably).

I really hope it's Calvard, but it would be hilarious if it was another Crossbell arc.

Or another Liberl arc. Remember when we were in Liberl?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Some Numbers posted:

I really hope it's Calvard, but it would be hilarious if it was another Crossbell arc.

It'd be nice to check in on Schera and Anelace.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Some Numbers posted:

Would be nice.

Tuesday still feels so far away, but I want to replay CS1 on PC before I pick up 2 anyways.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mokinokaro posted:

Would be nice.

Tuesday still feels so far away, but I want to replay CS1 on PC before I pick up 2 anyways.

CS2 is wednesday

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

plenty of time

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

65 hour 100% speedrun

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm ready to play CS2 again.

It'll actually be really nice to not have to pull my PS3 out to do some snowboarding.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
I never actually finished CS2 on PS3 due to going on a multi-month Yakuza kick leading up to the release of 0, so I'm basically gonna get to experience a brand new game come Wednesday :woop:

And then I'll get to participate in the forever-wait for CS3 and CS4. :smith:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Oh man, I need to remember to ask on stream if they fixed the post-credit freezing bug.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Will anyone else be posting here playing CS2 for the first time? I'm unable to jump in on launch day this week, so I'm eager for others' impressions first

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Will anyone else be posting here playing CS2 for the first time? I'm unable to jump in on launch day this week, so I'm eager for others' impressions first

I will be but I also won’t be able to play it until a couple of weeks after launch day :v:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Before jumping into CS2, it's a good idea to read about the events that take place after Chapter 6. What happens here will be referenced in CS2.

If you don't want to bother reading, the cliff notes are:

Rean tells Class 7 about the first time he used his powers, Bleublanc introduces himself as a member of Ouroboros to the class, and Rean is moved from beginner to intermediate level in the 8 Leaves style.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Yep, was a fun read and I wish it would have made it into CS1 as more than some mentions!

I forgot to address an issue I noticed towards and especially during the final chapter at school: Did unlimited draw distance end up inducing a lot of 0-fps stutter for anyone else, where the game had to wait for a lot of objects to get fed into it?

I know it's a pretty excessive option to turn it on in the first place, but my CPU seemed to handle it just fine all the way up until then. It feels like night and day compared to Chapter 4, for example, which I would have imagined was a similar situation.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

I'll be playing for the first time, but probably not until some helpful saint posts a clear file for CS 2 so I can start CS 2 in a NG+ like I did for CS 1.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

That's actually a pretty good idea not only for unlimited bonding points, but because CS2 has a NG+ only sidequest that Cold Steel 3 expects you to have either seen or done. It's Important, and now that it's on PC, voiced.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
There's someone in the Steam forums arguing with all his might that the Neptunia series has better plot and world-building than the Trails games.

It's not going over very well.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

CS2 is way way worse in a See All Bond moments, because you only have like enough bond point to see a third of them everytime. Even worse, the game now introduces multi-bond levels, so if you have 6 points, you might only talk to 3 characters because Elliot, Fie, and Emma each have 2 for that mid-chapter.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Tae posted:

CS2 is way way worse in a See All Bond moments, because you only have like enough bond point to see a third of them everytime. Even worse, the game now introduces multi-bond levels, so if you have 6 points, you might only talk to 3 characters because Elliot, Fie, and Emma each have 2 for that mid-chapter.

Yeah if that's the case I'm definitely waiting on a CS2 ng+ save file for bonding points and that ng+ quest

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Some of the avatars in this thread make me happy.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I'll be playing for the first time, but probably not until some helpful saint posts a clear file for CS 2 so I can start CS 2 in a NG+ like I did for CS 1.

I will do my level best to get you a complete save as soon as possible. :patriot:

But someone will almost certainly beat me to it. Didn't CS1 have a completed save drop the first day?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Yeah, it should only take a couple hours.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Speaking of saves, I'll be looking for one part of the way through the game since I started it on PS3 and then moved abroad and didn't bring it with me. Please make lots of saves, friends

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Paperhouse posted:

Speaking of saves, I'll be looking for one part of the way through the game since I started it on PS3 and then moved abroad and didn't bring it with me. Please make lots of saves, friends

Sure, what part of the game? NG+?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Some Numbers posted:

Sure, what part of the game? NG+?
I was roughly at the part where you get the airship and start to recruit classmates. NG+ isn't necessary

Taran
Nov 2, 2002

What? I don't get to yell "I'LL FINISH THIS" anymore?

Grimey Drawer

Tae posted:

I had already resigned myself to doing the same save-and-reload dance that I had to do for every free day in CS1 in order to see all the cutscenes and decide what I wanted to advance, but if it's true that NG+ files will exist that fast I might just do that!

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

SpaceDrake posted:

Some of the avatars in this thread make me happy.

Unfortunately my series rep is limited to Steam and Discord.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Paperhouse posted:

I was roughly at the part where you get the airship and start to recruit classmates. NG+ isn't necessary

Okay, cool! I'll make sure to save that.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Cryohazard posted:

There's someone in the Steam forums arguing with all his might that the Neptunia series has better plot and world-building than the Trails games.

It's not going over very well.

Oh yeah, must be Firehawk. He's been ranting in the CS1 Steam forum for ages about how much he hates the game, how offended he is that certain things in CS1 require him to play the Sky games to be explained and how everybody refuting his points is really attacking him personally. Nobody knows why he's still hanging around, though nobody will be surprised if he buys CS2 on day 1 and starts ranting about how bad that game is too. That sweet attention he's getting must be one hell of a drug.

Tae posted:

IIRC, those are rather rare. Basically, the characters who join last are given two bonding events for one particular "free day" so they can catch up with the classmates who joined earlier and thus had their bonding events spread out more. I think there's only one free day where characters have multiple bonding events.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Speaking of hating CS2, whatever happened to Slur? He just up and vanished after CS2 came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Some Numbers posted:

Speaking of hating CS2, whatever happened to Slur? He just up and vanished after CS2 came out.

A friend of his told me he was trying to unplug and be a less lovely person so I don't think we're likely to see him again.

• Locked thread