Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/McJesse/status/942826850673405959

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
My fiancée loves Spartacus, I do too, it’s one of the best television shows to ever air. It’s one of the best pieces of art ever made by humans

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Intruder posted:

I read the books before the show came out so I experienced the full swerve from "heh I know what's going to happen" to "hold up don't spoil what's going to happen"

I also read all the Wheel of Time books so I'm an expert on reading stuff that's a complete waste of time (I still like them)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

They should make a wheel of time show, and ignore everything that happens after book.... let's say six.

Also probably just go ahead and rework the whole thing because that first book is pretty nonsense at the end too.

Vine was taken from us too soon

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It would be hard to have a TV show revolving around how the tiniest of facial tics reveal a woman's innermost thoughts

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

It would be hard to have a TV show revolving around how the tiniest of facial tics reveal a woman's innermost thoughts

Uh, they will be constantly straightening their skirts and tugging their braids.... yeah you know what, let's go ahead and steal the concept of male wizards are bad and just re-design the whole premise.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My wife keeps asking me why I keep watching the walking dead and Star Wars because they're both bad lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The funniest thing about Wheel of Time is how the main hero who I'm sure isn't a self insert in any way gets to marry three beautiful women and they're all cool with sharing him, then his powerful sperm gives them all twins/triplets (Well I can't remember if he knocks Min up or not)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My ex girlfriend had never watched Star Wars, which is one of my favorite series. Her favorite series was Lost, so we made a very uneven deal where if I watched all of Lost, she would watch every Star Wars movie with me. I watched season 1 first to make sure I wanted to go through with the deal, liked it enough and marathoned seasons 2-6 (rip Mr. Eko). When I finished, she loving reneged on the deal, saying it didn't matter because I liked the show, and she probably wouldn't like Star Wars.

Edit: upon thinking about it, I bet if she did watch them, she would have liked Episode 1 the best because that's how hosed up her tastes were.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Ape Brain and Gerbils Yeller are on the amtrak case and it was..........

Antifa!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Joey Freshwater posted:

I think that was Stephanie on Full House. Christine Lakin (Al) has kept clean as far as I can tell

Count me in on the Al early crush crew. Also Dana is looming good these days too.

Remember when Step by Step had Beavis and Butthead characters?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spoeank posted:

Ape Brain and Gerbils Yeller are on the amtrak case and it was..........

Antifa!

Putting the multi-track drifting answer to the trolley problem into production I see.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

seiferguy posted:

My ex girlfriend had never watched Star Wars, which is one of my favorite series. Her favorite series was Lost, so we made a very uneven deal where if I watched all of Lost, she would watch every Star Wars movie with me. I watched season 1 first to make sure I wanted to go through with the deal, liked it enough and marathoned seasons 2-6 (rip Mr. Eko). When I finished, she loving reneged on the deal, saying it didn't matter because I liked the show, and she probably wouldn't like Star Wars.

Edit: upon thinking about it, I bet if she did watch them, she would have liked Episode 1 the best because that's how hosed up her tastes were.

Phantom Menace is probably the second best one in the series, though.

Its my spouses second favorite as well, but they fuckin love Attack of the Clones.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fishing with the fam posted:

Oh man, 13 years old me saw the title 'Sex and The City' and jumped to the completely wrong conclusion about the number of boobies I would be seeing.

Early on there was a ton of good teen wank material in it.

First season Carrie was banging dudes left and right. Plus back then all the characters would talk to the audience, even b list guys.

After the first season the toned it in because Sarah jessic latkerwa pissed she looked worse than Kim cattrall who was like fifteen years older but still looked like a goddes.

I will never forget her lesbian story arc where she used a strap on and pegged everyone she saw for half a season.

Also Charlotte was my favorite.

Also Carrie should have gone with jazz horn player Craig Bierko instead of Big.

I have seen every single episode of SATC AMA

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
HBO's Girls reminds me of Sex and the City, but everyone is broke and you hate the characters more

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

AHHHHHHHH, what the hell I was not expecting this

They're making fuller house, for Roseanne.

Didn't Dan die? Like in the last episode Rosanne is recounting the series in a book and she wrote, and how upset she was for him leaving them and this book was her working out her issues by keeping him alive?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Furniture Guy was the only man who deserved to escape her clutches.

She should have been stuck with any of the other much less well of assholes

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

I will never forget her lesbian story arc where she used a strap on and pegged everyone she saw for half a season.

haha what

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Blitz7x posted:

HBO's Girls reminds me of Sex and the City, but everyone is broke and you hate the characters more

I consider it Kylo Ren's true origin story.

Turned to the dark side via lena dunhams naked body and awful personality

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

Didn't Dan die? Like in the last episode Rosanne is recounting the last couple seasons in a book and she wrote how upset she was for leaving them and this book was her working out her issues by keeping him alive?

Season 8 he died. Also all the characters have different relationships, the gay one is straight and the straight one is gay and most importantly they didnt win the lottery.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I remember being all about staying up late to catch HBO's Real Sex 1 through like a billion when I was a kid. That show was my jam.

Also remember spice channel via squiggle vision where if you left the channel on long enough the picture would become somewhat viewable :v:

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

I have seen every single episode of SATC AMA

Did any of them get a pregnancy or vd scare or did they gently caress through the city with no repercussions?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I love how Lena Dunham makes herself the symbol for a generation of women to speak out except when they accuse her friend of something in which case they're full of poo poo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

weird Asian candy posted:

I remember being all about staying up late to catch HBO's Real Sex 1 through like a billion when I was a kid. That show was my jam.

Also remember spice channel via squiggle vision where if you left the channel on long enough the picture would become somewhat viewable :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB4hCZ5hDBg

lovely version, can't find a better one

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Al on Step by Step was my jam. Never got into the Full House kids

Just looked her up and gat dam she fine now

Yeah I watched season 1 of Fuller House just for her. She is so god drat fine.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cash Monet posted:

Did any of them get a pregnancy or vd scare or did they gently caress through the city with no repercussions?

Is pregnancy a VD?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Kalli posted:

Yeah, Roseanne was my view of poverty when I was a kid, and even in retrospect i'm like wait... a part time diner waitress and a blue collar job guy have a house with rooms for 3/4 kids?

The midwest yo.

You can rent a 4 bedroom 2 bath house with land for 500 a month here.

Its Rinaldo posted:

Didn't Dan die? Like in the last episode Rosanne is recounting the series in a book and she wrote, and how upset she was for him leaving them and this book was her working out her issues by keeping him alive?

Everything after Season 2 Episode 24 is just something Rosanne wrote in a book, so says the Series Finale retcon.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Intruder posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB4hCZ5hDBg

lovely version, can't find a better one

I love Chappelle so so much :allears:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cash Monet posted:

Miranda was a surrogate I want to say.

She fell in love with a poor bartender. There was a really good episode where she bought him a sports coat but he was too proud to take it and made her accept him for who she was.

Samantha had a vd scare like once a season

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I wanna say I watched a few episodes of Sex & the City as a kid looking for boobies as a kid because the content rating said it had nudity. I don't think I ever saw any...

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Kalli posted:

They should make a wheel of time show, and ignore everything that happens after book.... let's say six.

Also probably just go ahead and rework the whole thing because that first book is pretty nonsense at the end too.

Sony is working on it, having managed to finally get the rights to away from the people who had it before

As much as I enjoyed WOT, I fully expect it to be terrible. Though I guess they might manage to get through the first couple books before it really goes to poo poo

Intruder posted:

The funniest thing about Wheel of Time is how the main hero who I'm sure isn't a self insert in any way gets to marry three beautiful women and they're all cool with sharing him, then his powerful sperm gives them all twins/triplets (Well I can't remember if he knocks Min up or not)

No, the funniest thing is that he based it off his own experience of balancing dating 2 girls at once and them being cool with it, and he decided "well if I can balance 2 girls, the savior of the world should be able to handle 3". I guess a lot of chicks were into spanking back then, or something

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 18, 2017

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i think the best way to watch girls is to just watch the youtube supercut of shoshanna

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Isnt girls the show where a main character early on turns down a copywriting job because its beneath her?

If not its a shame I bad mouthed the show over that.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Intruder posted:

I love how Lena Dunham makes herself the symbol for a generation of women to speak out except when they accuse her friend of something in which case they're full of poo poo

what was this? the only other thing about lena dunham i remember is her doing some weird stuff with her little sister but i think it's always talked about by like breitbart and the_donald type people so I have no idea how biased the framing of it was.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jota posted:

what was this? the only other thing about lena dunham i remember is her doing some weird stuff with her little sister but i think it's always talked about by like breitbart and the_donald type people so I have no idea how biased the framing of it was.

One of the writers for Girls was accused of rape and she immediately called the woman a liar

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I for one am shocked the users of a football subforum are not fans of Sex and the City and Girls

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Intruder posted:

One of the writers for Girls was accused of rape and she immediately called the woman a liar

oh wow. Yeah that is...wow.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
There's also this about Lena Dunham:

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/i-can-t-get-enough-of-this-batshit-crazy-lena-dunham-do-1796715091

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/942848708198182918

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

A classic mistake, if you want the alt-right to support your cause you can't make any of the ghostbusters women

• Locked thread