Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

That's messed up. Why didn't the PL tell the CSM no?

I'm not being ironic. "That's not gonna fly CSM. My squad leader isn't doing PT with you. My commander's name is blah blah blah. Take it up with him if you want me to do something."

It's a dick move. But hell, he was being a dick too.

That's a quick method to get noticed by the BC in a bad way. You never fight just the BC or just the CSM, you're always fighting both of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Yes. It is an untenable fight to say someone should be allowed to be unshaven because their shift was long. And throwing away your credibility with the BC so you can support the soldier's right to win at something ultimately unimportant is loving them in the long run when the old man doesn't want to hear it from you about something that matters.

You can't go home unless you're crazy. But no sane person would want to stay, which means because you want to go home you're not crazy. So you can't.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
It may be dumb, but I definitely shaved when on long shifts well before bigwigs came in, even though I was going home to sleep in a couple hours. It's also just not a fight that's going to be worth it for some line NCO.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

That's a quick method to get noticed by the BC in a bad way. You never fight just the BC or just the CSM, you're always fighting both of them.

Oh yeah.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Maybe. My experience when I was at BN level was to support/train the LT's because that's the BC's job.

And I know that I think that was a dumb thing on that CSM's part and would seriously consider why that guy is my CSM.

Also lol, that a CSM supercedes the Soldier's entire chain of command over a shaving infraction.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

lol out of touch field grade spotted

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Out of touch field grades unite! Form of: a balding man awaiting death's embrace.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

Maybe. My experience when I was at BN level was to support/train the LT's because that's the BC's job.

And I know that I think that was a dumb thing on that CSM's part and would seriously consider why that guy is my CSM.

Also lol, that a CSM supercedes the Soldier's entire chain of command over a shaving infraction.

the military is likely the only profession where you will get in trouble for not being smooth clean shaven on the hour 23 of a 24 hour shift.

i never shaved at or near the end of any 24 hour duty shifts.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

boop the snoot posted:

the military is likely the only profession where you will get in trouble for not being smooth clean shaven on the hour 23 of a 24 hour shift.

i never shaved at or near the end of any 24 hour duty shifts.

Nor did I. I've done a few 24/30 hour shifts.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

lol out of touch field grade spotted

I demand that you come do PT with me every morning for a week. :colbert:

Ambihelical Hexnut posted:

Out of touch field grades unite! Form of: a balding man awaiting death's embrace.

Jokes on you. I'm already completely bald and will live forever.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
never shaved on staff duty i dont give a gently caress

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
How about one of the rabbits gillette tests its razors on? They have to be clean shaven 24/7 or the whole program gets scrapped. Checkmate.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

Jokes on you. I'm already completely bald and will live forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0CMP0qhtsg

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

I demand that you come do PT with me every morning for a week. :colbert:

That's cool. Hope you like Olympic Lifting.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

That's cool. Hope you like Olympic Lifting.

Bro

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CSM Scott Schroeder is the CSM that made my SL do PT with him every day for a week. some of you might know him. he was apparently 101st for like, his entire career until he went on to be FORSCOM CSM.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

boop the snoot posted:

the guy on the left, CSM Scott Schroeder, is the CSM that made my SL do PT with him every day for a week. some of you might know him. he was apparently 101st for like, his entire career until he went on to be FORSCOM CSM.

Just tell the FORSCOM CSM that he's dumb!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

mlmp08 posted:

Just tell the FORSCOM CSM that he's dumb!

i wouldn't say he was a bad CSM. i didn't interact with him very much aside from him doing PT with our platoon once when we went on a 4-5 mile run, since that seems to be the default PT plan whenever someone from higher than platoon level drops in, regardless of what was planned before.

but he's sure as poo poo no alonzo smith, who is the only cool as gently caress CSM i ever met.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

boop the snoot posted:

CSM Scott Schroeder is the CSM that made my SL do PT with him every day for a week. some of you might know him. he was apparently 101st for like, his entire career until he went on to be FORSCOM CSM.

Here is a quick idiot test. How does he say his name? Schrohder or Schrayder? If it’s the latter, he’s a goddamn moron.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Soulex posted:

Here is a quick idiot test. How does he say his name? Schrohder or Schrayder? If it’s the latter, he’s a goddamn moron.

the quick test is you see his rank is CSM

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

mods change my name posted:

the quick test is you see he enlisted

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

man what is up with csms and baldness it's like a requirement

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Look at those dead, dead eyes.

That's the look of a man who has drowned many a juicy girl and dumped their bodies in the han river.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

the quick test is you see US Army

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

the quick test is you enlisted

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

the quick test is you see his rank is CSM

I had a guy who spelled his last name like that but pronounced it with Shray-der. Tried to pass it off as being German pronunciation. I lived in Germany for 3 years and never heard that poo poo pronounced like that. This is how retarded he was:

On our last mission together for TDY, I played a small loving joke on him. I told him that 1SG told us that he had to choose between the Fast and the Furious 8 Collectors Edition or an impact AAM. Dude was seriously loving moto for FF8 and was legitimately upset that he had to choose. He then got really loving mad at me when he went to 1SG complaining that it wasn't a fair choice. 1SG got mad too. Shray-der also refused to eat at Arby's when I asked him if that's somewhere he would want to eat strictly because "it's a special place between me and my wife."

loving lmao. Ok dude. He was the best soldier, I'm not kidding, but he was loving stupid as hell.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Soulex posted:

He was the best soldier, I'm not kidding, but he was loving stupid as hell.

And here we see the biggest problem of the army, laid bare for all to take notice.

Mr_Ruckus
Jul 8, 2008

Maybe that CSM is just lonely and wants a workout buddy.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
He was the 3-502 CSM I'm pretty sure. Idg how dudes stay at one post their whole careers

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 26, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

have fun with the stop loss

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Our toddler in chief is swinging his tiny, broken, orange dick around so have fun in Korean War Part Deux.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

bird food bathtub posted:

Our toddler in chief is swinging his tiny, broken, orange dick around so have fun in Korean War Part Deux.

What? You really think you're going to miss out on the fun when a nuke wipes out a division and we need bodies?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

What? You really think you're going to miss out on the fun when a hurricane wipes out a division and we need bodies?

Fixed because he just removed climate change from national security threats. Because removing it from a list makes it disappear.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

spacetoaster posted:

What? You really think you're going to miss out on the fun when a nuke wipes out a division and we need bodies?

Probably. Until it gets to the point of a public draft I'm free from that poo poo. My rank is "civillian" now so you brave war fighters go ahead and have fun without me. I'll be here thanking you for your service.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

not me

gently caress you and your service, idiot bitches

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

not me

gently caress you and your service, idiot bitches

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

everyone who enlisted after me is the worst shitbag possible and i hate them for not learning from my mistake

edit: ouch that was rough for reals even for me to read. apologies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Five months 'til IRR time is up. :toot: