Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Slowpoke! posted:

No way it sticks at 2 games. Now the question is does he miss the Tampa game and are we short two starting LBers, or does he miss the Atlanta game that could decide the wildcard or NFC South.

Atlanta pls and ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The appeal will be decided by Wednesday so he's for sure missing the Bucs game.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

timp posted:

For anyone who hasn't read it, here's the Sports Illustrated article that was published during Sunday's game that contains more details on the alleged harassment: https://www.si.com/jerry-richardson-carolina-panthers-settlements-workplace-misconduct-sexual-harassment-racial-slur

It even mentions the "Mister" thing I referenced in my post on Saturday. Also mentions a lot of other little things that I already knew but, when all compiled into one article, really confirms a lot of what I'd assumed about working with/around/for Jerry Richardson on a daily basis. Dude thinks having a billion dollars or so means he gets to be the racist and pervy version of the boss from The Devil Wears Prada.

And since I didn't make myself as clear as I probably should have in my Saturday post, what the gently caress is "Listen" doing in that list of his five special words? It's all nouns except for that one verb. Uh, did you mean to say "Listening", Jer?? When I first saw "Listen" in that list, it told me two things. One, that he's not all that bright, and two, that nobody else would ever dare to edit his Holy Five Words.

E: OH YEAH and how is Harmony any different than Teamwork? Man I hate that list.

I had not seen this. Thanks!

quote:

Friday was Jeans Day, when most staffers at the Carolina Panthers team offices would wear denim to work. The female employees knew what that meant. As the team’s owner, Jerry Richardson, made his rounds on the way to his spacious office, he would ask women to turn around so he could admire their backsides. Then, in his rolling Southern drawl, he’d offer comment, drawing from a store of one-liners he’d recycle each week. Among those in heaviest rotation: Show me how you wiggle to get those jeans up. I bet you had to lay down on your bed to fit into those jeans. Did you step into those jeans or did you have to jump into them?

:stare:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo he's a Seinfeld character

quote:

Richardson was also known for what multiple women call the “seatbelt maneuver.” He would invite female employees out to lunch, and in keeping with his reputation as a self-styled gentleman, he would open the car door for his guests. Once they were seated, however, he would insist on fastening their seatbelt for them, reaching across their lap and brushing his hand across their breasts before putting the belt in the clasp.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
So like....MNF thread or nah?

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

This is loving insane.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Saints are going to poo poo house us on Sunday

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

What did the official trip over?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Sent from my iPad posted:

What did the official trip over?

turf monster glarb glarb glarb

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I love Devonta but no way he plays more than 2 to 3 more years with his style. At least he got paid.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

I love Devonta but no way he plays more than 2 to 3 more years with his style. At least he got paid.

They pointed out during the game that he’s already had 3 concussions and he admits he’s not changing his playing style.

Gonna have mush brains

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
OJ Howard and DJax both in walking boots after the game. Bucs had 10 guys go out tonight so I'd imagine several going on IR. Panthers and Saints gonna be in easy mode winning these games.

Not blaming the no bye thing on this but I wonder if it really had an effect on the team long term.

Edit: Sweezy also in a boot.

wandler20 fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Dec 19, 2017

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Yea he isnt long for the league with how violent he runs with his frame. He has to stop leading with hia helmet.

I dont even feel right for winning that game, sorry for all the injuries Bucs bros. Your dudes played hard.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

wandler20 posted:

Bucs had 10 guys go out tonight so I'd imagine several going on IR.
Considering everything else the Falcons copy from the Saints, I just assume they're now running a bounty program.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Did you guys see the Saints playing the Bryce Petty Jets? Both the Buccs and the Falcons have a great shot at beating them.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

weird Asian candy posted:

Yea he isnt long for the league with how violent he runs with his frame. He has to stop leading with hia helmet.

I dont even feel right for winning that game, sorry for all the injuries Bucs bros. Your dudes played hard.

I'm just happy they showed up tonight and didn't mail it in. They played hard all night. A bonus is knocking the Packers out of the playoffs.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Refs handed the Falcons the last game because they wanted the Christmas game to mean something. Bobby Hebert even said so.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Yeah, it was a good game and I applaud them for playing as hard as they did. But god drat those injuries! And if that FG attempt were 50 yards instead of 55 yards it would have gone to OT :negative:

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ClayWendler/status/942969531957379072

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I musta watched this 50 times last night. I absolutely love it.

Also my god I love me some Takk

https://twitter.com/Takk/status/942992678308007936

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Dec 19, 2017

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Last night the Bucs had to scramble to get the field goal team on and tried a rushed attempt. This got me thinking.

They clocked the ball.
There was 4 seconds left.
I believe it was second down.
The playclock was running down so the whole field goal was rushed.

In this situation, being second down and 4 seconds left why not snap the ball and have the holder spike it. It would take only a second or two off the clock and you'd have your field goal team in place to get properly set for a try.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Last night the Bucs had to scramble to get the field goal team on and tried a rushed attempt. This got me thinking.

They clocked the ball.
There was 4 seconds left.
I believe it was second down.
The playclock was running down so the whole field goal was rushed.

In this situation, being second down and 4 seconds left why not snap the ball and have the holder spike it. It would take only a second or two off the clock and you'd have your field goal team in place to get properly set for a try.

So you are saying rush the FG team out there so they are already on the field and instead of kicking it, have the place holder clock it giving the entire unit time to reset?

hrmmm, I guess that makes sense though I can't say that I've ever seen it done. Maybe there is concern that the holder/center can botch the snap causing a turnover and eliminating the chance at the field goal altogether?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

So you are saying rush the FG team out there so they are already on the field and instead of kicking it, have the place holder clock it giving the entire unit time to reset?

hrmmm, I guess that makes sense though I can't say that I've ever seen it done. Maybe there is concern that the holder/center can botch the snap causing a turnover and eliminating the chance at the field goal altogether?

Per rule only the quarterback is allowed to spike the ball. Does the holder count as a quarterback on field goal tries?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
^^Good question.

Yep. Seems like it could work in the right situation.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Per rule only the quarterback is allowed to spike the ball. Does the holder count as a quarterback on field goal tries?

It's not "only the quarterback." It's "[a] player under center."

Rule 8, Section 2, Article 1, Item 3 posted:

Item 3. Stopping Clock. A player under center is permitted to stop the game clock legally to save time if, immediately upon receiving the snap, he begins a continuous throwing motion and throws the ball directly into the ground.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

https://twitter.com/MikeTriplett/status/943249526978162688

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ulmont posted:

It's not "only the quarterback." It's "[a] player under center."

so basically, not the placekicker or from the shotgun.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Sent from my iPad posted:

This is loving insane.

And it's down to one game. For the guy who has been doing this his whole career.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Abugadu posted:

And it's down to one game. For the guy who has been doing this his whole career.

There will be plenty of time for Green Bay fans to post about this now.

(Thomas Davis a former WPMotY and not a headhunter.)

three fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 20, 2017

Butch Otter
Jan 24, 2003

Abugadu posted:

lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

career head hunter thomas davis is a new one

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Well all the pissbabies will be in tears now justice has been served. Suspension reduced to 1 game.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I glad that no matter how much we try homers are still homers.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
cool edit.

It's nice that he does charity work and feels really, really bad about the careers he's ended by launching himself head-first at defenseless players. I mean, he's always looked super sad about the guy he's left unconscious on the field by using his helmet as a weapon and bashing it against the side of another guy's head at a high rate of speed. The football camp he runs for the kids will ensure that they too will someday have the skills necessary to lead with the crown of the helmet and cheap-shot someone who isn't moving, and then say that it was an attempt to make a block. Some of them can even channel earlier Thomas Davis stylin' and stand over the motionless body and taunt them!

The college scholarships he's provided to seniors who have completed the Youth Leadership Academy Program will ensure that there's a greater chance that we can, together, help to solve the debilitating effects of CTE, particularly in an age where football players think that tackling or blocking using arms is outdated and ineffective.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Ice up, son.

Then go back in and play through your injury like the team doctor pressured you to do.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
lol, at the Carolina fans ITT defending a Sapp Rule cheap shot.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I like thomas davis but no that was a terrible hit, and he should be suspended a game. He knew he was coming from his blind side, I don't care how fast it happened, and then launched right into the helmet. Indefensible.

Butch Otter
Jan 24, 2003

Abugadu posted:

cool edit.

It's nice that he does charity work and feels really, really bad about the careers he's ended by launching himself head-first at defenseless players. I mean, he's always looked super sad about the guy he's left unconscious on the field by using his helmet as a weapon and bashing it against the side of another guy's head at a high rate of speed. The football camp he runs for the kids will ensure that they too will someday have the skills necessary to lead with the crown of the helmet and cheap-shot someone who isn't moving, and then say that it was an attempt to make a block. Some of them can even channel earlier Thomas Davis stylin' and stand over the motionless body and taunt them!

The college scholarships he's provided to seniors who have completed the Youth Leadership Academy Program will ensure that there's a greater chance that we can, together, help to solve the debilitating effects of CTE, particularly in an age where football players think that tackling or blocking using arms is outdated and ineffective.

You’ve been watching film, huh?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Abugadu posted:

cool edit.

did he hit you in the head, because that'd explain your posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

:yikes:

• Locked thread