Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Hostess has gotta be the king of junk snacks. Twinkies, Snowballs, swiss rolls, honey buns, and tons of fruit pies. And that's just off the top of my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

veni veni veni posted:

As far as garbage snacks go you cant beat those oatmeal cream pies. i don't even know how moon pies exist with those around.

Our lord oatmeal cream pies.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

... translation?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Alcohol.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

on the bored wop posted:

... translation?

That's not THE Scott Peterson is it

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Or maybe you're a big dumb baby whose brain shuts off when you hear an accent different from your own

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My great aunt just shared the same clickbait story about a squirrel 7 times in 2 minutes. She's my favourite old person. :3:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Soviet Commubot posted:

Or maybe you're a big dumb baby whose brain shuts off when you hear an accent different from your own

This is extra funny because of all that impenetrable gibberish on the bottom of that post.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Aramek posted:

This is extra funny because of all that impenetrable gibberish on the bottom of that post.

I think that's Breton.

I used to get calls at a sales job where they were convinced they were speaking to someone in an overseas call center and nothing I said would convince them otherwise.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Aramek posted:

Yeah iirc Soviet is a breton-facebooking weirdo :v:

Tho I mean you have to look no further that the post itself for barely coherent gibberish. And if they don't speak English, how do you understand what they say in the first place smartass.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

It's all been for this moment.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah iirc Soviet is a breton-facebooking weirdo :v:

You'd be surprised how active the Breton language community is on Facebook

I was in the Army with that guy years ago and he complained to our platoon sergeant when I was talking with another soldier in French (the guy was from Africa and it was one of his native languages) because he was certain we were talking about him. There's a set of people whose brains just short out when they hear people talk in any way different from them, in every country. I and a group of friends got followed for 10 minutes once by a drunk rear end in a top hat yelling "This is France, we speak French here" at us because were speaking Breton, in Brittany.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/philgreaves01/status/942709261347500032

e Holy poo poo it gets worse.

https://twitter.com/philgreaves01/status/942858553488019457

TinTower has a new favorite as of 23:11 on Dec 18, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Absurd Alhazred posted:

A lot of American candy is extremely disappointing.

Edit:

Crazy Rothschild comment aside, I'm pretty sure their death was reported as suspicious from the very beginning. It's not like there was some revelation that it was murder.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Oh cool a CineD poster.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

spooklet

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Spooklet sounds better than whatever camp that dude identifies with.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Picnic Princess posted:

Spooklet sounds better than whatever camp that dude identifies with.

he's a tankie, aka a loving idiot

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Soviet Commubot posted:

I was in the Army with that guy years ago and he complained to our platoon sergeant when I was talking with another soldier in French (the guy was from Africa and it was one of his native languages) because he was certain we were talking about him. There's a set of people whose brains just short out when they hear people talk in any way different from them, in every country. I and a group of friends got followed for 10 minutes once by a drunk rear end in a top hat yelling "This is France, we speak French here" at us because were speaking Breton, in Brittany.

They've got the mountain, you've got the parking lot.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

chitoryu12 posted:

Crazy Rothschild comment aside, I'm pretty sure their death was reported as suspicious from the very beginning. It's not like there was some revelation that it was murder.

I dunno, from what I read the family is very mad cause at first the police did say it looked like a murder suicide.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

ilmucche posted:

They've got the mountain, you've got the parking lot.

I have no idea what this means.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Fathis Munk posted:

I dunno, from what I read the family is very mad cause at first the police did say it looked like a murder suicide.

This is correct. TPS is also actively loving up several missing persons investigations so not that unexpected

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Mak0rz posted:

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Interesting point. Agreed.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Soviet Commubot posted:

Barley can't speak English.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mods change my name to Lovecraftian Spooklet

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

zoux posted:

That's not THE Scott Peterson is it

God I hope so

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Soviet Commubot posted:

This is partly me. :smith: As in when someone speaks another language my brain just shuts off and blocks all information even tho I can drat well read tone and intent. Why am I llliiiike thiiiis?!

(probably being stuck only around english speaking white people)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ularg posted:

This is partly me. :smith: As in when someone speaks another language my brain just shuts off and blocks all information even tho I can drat well read tone and intent. Why am I llliiiike thiiiis?!

(probably being stuck only around english speaking white people)

I was once watching a strange asian horror movie with english subtitles and like 10 minutes in I realized that they were mostly speaking english, lol. Since the subtitled the parts that were in english I assume other countries understanding their accent was a pretty common problem.

If you spend most of your life in a place where everyone has the same accent you don't develop the mental flexibility to understand unfamiliar accents. It's like the early speech recognition systems where you had to slowly and carefully enunciate every word so the computer would understand what you wanted to say.

You can stretch that muscle a bit by watching films from english speaking countries with different accents and dialects. It really doesn't take long for your brain to dial in and figure out most of what is being said.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Banana Moon Pies are the only way to go.

It's like eating an expired species, you can't get those specific banana flavorings from a real banana anymore!

Edit: Google says this banana still exists (also the flavor thing is a myth), I need to find me some. Never actually had any bananas besides Cavendish and plantains which don't count.

Admiral Joeslop has a new favorite as of 04:35 on Dec 19, 2017

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Banana Moon Pies

Roger!

Your pie, sir!

Content:

https://twitter.com/PlanetDr/status/942966581583400960

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

As a call center worker I can confirm the worst accent ever is rural southerner because it involves mumbling everything and putting random Rs in words.

"Hello, how can I help you today?"

"Eo Ar a ea ooo ar araer"

"I'm sorry, you were breaking up?"

"IRE WARRNA SPEARK TROO AR MARNARGAR!"

Hideous.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fathis Munk posted:

I mean, that’s still homicide.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Banana Moon Pies are the only way to go.

It's like eating an expired species, you can't get those specific banana flavorings from a real banana anymore!

Edit: Google says this banana still exists (also the flavor thing is a myth), I need to find me some. Never actually had any bananas besides Cavendish and plantains which don't count.

Food flavoring is based on the safest, easy to make chemical that tastes kind of like the thing. It’s very much a ‘good enough’ industry, especially the ones chosen a long time ago.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Wapole Languray posted:

As a call center worker I can confirm the worst accent ever is rural southerner because it involves mumbling everything and putting random Rs in words.

"Hello, how can I help you today?"

"Eo Ar a ea ooo ar araer"

"I'm sorry, you were breaking up?"

"IRE WARRNA SPEARK TROO AR MARNARGAR!"

Hideous.

Don't sign your post lol

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Smythe posted:

Don't sign your post lol

:hfive:

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

https://imgur.com/gallery/9xuql

quote:

Yes, this comic is sexist against men because it's saying men can't cope with women in the workplace and men's idea of dealing with it is to exclude women altogether. Note it doesn't say "some men's concept" it says "THE male concept".

quote:

I’m sure a lot of men will see it like this - “I can lose my job and be publicly shamed over Allegations? Not worth the risk.”

Allegations of sexual misconduct is a slippery slope to women never being hired in the work place. We have to rein in these women for the good of all women.

Katt has a new favorite as of 08:28 on Dec 19, 2017

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
:cry: But won't someone think of the MEN :cry:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Aphrodite posted:

I mean, that’s still homicide.

Yeah except in one case someone murdered your parents, in the other you dad murdered your mom and then offed himself. That's not really the same thing, to me at least.

Also I am 100% unsurprised that breton people love having breton Facebook. They do love their regional identity.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah except in one case someone murdered your parents, in the other you dad murdered your mom and then offed himself. That's not really the same thing, to me at least.

Also I am 100% unsurprised that breton people love having breton Facebook. They do love their regional identity.

The further west you go the worse it gets. If you want to have fun make comments that imply they're norman or just call them Norman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

ilmucche posted:

The further west you go the worse it gets. If you want to have fun make comments that imply they're norman or just call them Norman.

Funny way to spell English.