Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Help Im Alive posted:

Who's Harry in this analogy

Carter Page and the Order Of The Large Conspiracy that Has Been Waged Against Me For Years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Help Im Alive posted:

Who's Harry in this analogy

Nobody. There is no analogy to the characters themselves, just between the number of Harry Potter movies and the number of years that Donald J. Trump will be president of the United States of America.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

There are days that I actually get depressed when I remember how much you guys pay for insulin. :smith:

Spangly A posted:

It was generic, the holding company discovers a niche use and documents it, absolutely no bribery occurs, and the holding company are allowed to increase price 300x for all uses with generics made illegal for seven years.

The TPP was going to extend that 7 years to 20. Because pharmaceutical companies are run by literal monsters.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Xae posted:

You don't need to bribe regulators to get the patent reapplied.

Someone already bribed the Congressmen to make it automatic.

Jesus Christ, America.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Ague Proof posted:

Since Rohrabacker is against it, there's a chance Trump will veto.

Max comedy option: with a historically unpopular tax bill on his desk, Trump chooses to veto the bill for a bump in approval ratings.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Triskelli posted:

Max comedy option: with a historically unpopular tax bill on his desk, Trump chooses to veto the bill for a bump in approval ratings.

the one thing that would get congress to impeach him

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Too bad we can't get the chicken hawks to append a new Russia sanctions provision in the tax bill. That'd get a trump veto.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Pander posted:

Too bad we can't get the chicken hawks to append a new Russia sanctions provision in the tax bill. That'd get a trump veto.

Nah, it'd just go on the "never do" list next to the rest.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

some dipshit on my facebook feed posted "Correct me if I'm wrong, but the democrats could have filibustered this bill but didn't." fortunately someone corrected her, but these uninformed leftists irritate me so much

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

some dipshit on my facebook feed posted "Correct me if I'm wrong, but the democrats could have filibustered this bill but didn't." fortunately someone corrected her, but these uninformed leftists irritate me so much

Everything is always the Democrats' fault.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Well technically the Dems could have stopped any voting by staging an armed revolt and holding the Senate floor hostage but chose not to. If you think about it that makes them just as bad as the Republicans really.

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003

Xae posted:

You don't need to bribe regulators to get the patent reapplied.

Someone already bribed the Congressmen to make it automatic.

Teva (for example) could probably make and sell generic dichlorphenamide for its original on-label use of glaucoma and just have providers rx it off label for periodic paralysis. But when we're talking about such rare conditions in the first place then there's probably not enough money to be made considering the legal risks.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well technically the Dems could have stopped any voting by staging an armed revolt and holding the Senate floor hostage but chose not to. If you think about it that makes them just as bad as the Republicans really.
This will be one of those posts that is mostly satirical right now, but when it's quoted/linked some time in the near future it will be regarded as absolutely the most dead sober correct assessment anyone could make of the elected dems at this point in time.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Pander posted:

Like... the ones that passed with a supermajority and still haven't been enacted?

E: Also, was just listening to Ari Melber on the radio talk about how Fox News is discussing a coup in America based on Meuller investigation

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Disney released footage of its Hall Of Presidents Robo-Trump, and hooboy is it fuckin bonkers. I guess even the talented Disney Imagineers can't quite capture Trump's... Trumpness.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

Fart City posted:

Disney released footage of its Hall Of Presidents Robo-Trump, and hooboy is it fuckin bonkers. I guess even the talented Disney Imagineers can't quite capture Trump's... Trumpness.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Fart City posted:

fleeeeeee while you still can

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Is this really the best use of this technology?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I like that even animatronic people all get this "what the gently caress are you saying" looks on their faces when Trump talks.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Is this a repurposed Bernietronic?

https://twitter.com/Ramonzmania/status/942894561575227392

No.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Chadderbox posted:

Is this really the best use of this technology?

They're estimating what Trump will look like after he leaves the office of the presidency, seven years and two months from now.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I see Angus Scrimm is still finding work despite being dead.

SubponticatePoster posted:

I like that even animatronic people all get this "what the gently caress are you saying" looks on their faces when Trump talks.

Well, Jackson doesn't :v:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Nevvy Z posted:

Nah, it'd just go on the "never do" list next to the rest.

Yeah, they would be unenforced like the current sanctions.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
"From the beginning America has been defined by it's people."

I just imagine a bunch of poor interns combing through hours of Trump speeches to find a sound clip that was semi-coherent and not horribly racist and that was the best they could come up with for his robot.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The animatronic has better hair

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

Fart City posted:

quote:

The big question that has been on everyone’s minds since January? What could robo-Trump possibly say that would both sound like him and appeal to a family-friendly audience? The whole thing about Mexican rapists probably wouldn’t fly. And calling the intelligence community Nazis probably wouldn’t sound too great. That stuff about grabbing women by the pussy is definitely out.

A clip posted by the website WDW Magic shows that George Washington introduces Trump, who then recites the oath of office. He then says:

"From the beginning, America has been a nation defined by its people. At our founding, it was the American people who rose up to defend our freedoms and win our independence. It was why our founders began our great constitution with three very simple words: we the people. Since that moment, each generation of Americans has taken its place in the defense of our freedom, our flag, and our nation under God.

These are the achievements of the American spirit—the spirit of a people who fought and died to bring the blessings of liberty to all our people. Above all, to be an American is to be an optimist, to believe that we can always do better and that the best days of our great nation are still ahead of us. It’s a privilege to serve as the president of the United States, to stand here among so many great leaders of our past, and to work on behalf of the American people."
This is how monsters get normalized.

You don't want to include the bits that made him stand out and brought his voters to the polls, because the things he said that brought him to power are grotesque, and you are concerned about mass appeal. So instead of capturing his essence as a political figure, you fill his persona with inert stuffing, put it on display, and say to everyone that this intentional misrepresentation of him... is him.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Honestly the movement is too fluid and purposeful for Trump.

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003

Fart City posted:

that's actually a really good speech if you can manage to damage your brain to the point where trump isn't a white supremacist

I love the imagineer who decided to program in Obama's "oh, word?" reaction at the end.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Where are the multi-lingual options on the Whitehouse website? I cannot find them and they should be easy to find because there's so little on the site.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Petr posted:

They're estimating what Trump will look like after he leaves the office of the presidency, seven years and two months from now.

1/10, you're trying too hard today.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
He looks like an amalgamation of several doctor whos

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

There Bias Two posted:

Honestly the movement is too fluid and purposeful for Trump.

Right? He needs to be at a podium, leaning his left shoulder forward too much and making an OK symbol with his wrist turned so his hand is parallel to the viewer.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

I think the hair is the biggest problem, it's flared out too much at the back. Facially, it seems good enough for a robot approximation.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

Rip Testes posted:

Where are the multi-lingual options on the Whitehouse website? I cannot find them and they should be easy to find because there's so little on the site.

In America we speak AMERICAN, dirty foreigner.

e: source: am dirty foreigner

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

There's no way this medical stuff is sustainable. It's going to crash in the worst way possible especially after the tax cut further guts everyone.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/942883550050865152?s=17

the video is so much better

https://twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/942884378547511301?s=17

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Rip Testes posted:

You have to press 2.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I think the hair is the biggest problem, it's flared out too much at the back. Facially, it seems good enough for a robot approximation.

if anything, it isn't flared out enough. it should look like that nic cage meme

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Bhaal posted:

This is how monsters get normalized.

You don't want to include the bits that made him stand out and brought his voters to the polls, because the things he said that brought him to power are grotesque, and you are concerned about mass appeal. So instead of capturing his essence as a political figure, you fill his persona with inert stuffing, put it on display, and say to everyone that this intentional misrepresentation of him... is him.

This is the same megacorp that blacklisted a bunch of journalists over a bad review. They are bad and own everything. Nationalize Disney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
That Trump robot is going to get vandalized a lot.

• Locked thread