Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

Rip Testes posted:

Where are the multi-lingual options on the Whitehouse website? I cannot find them and they should be easy to find because there's so little on the site.
They tore that out within a day or two of inauguration.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-trailguide-updates-white-house-website-is-no-longer-1485199463-htmlstory.html

EDIT: animatronic dog tax:

Bhaal fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Dec 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/DustinGiebel/status/942899693692039168

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Gaunab posted:

That Trump robot is going to get vandalized a lot.

Some poor 19 year old in a brightly colored shirt is going to have to spend all day smiling and asking people not to pee on the Trump.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
The Trumpbot should just read out his latest tweets in an automated voice.

farraday posted:

Some poor 19 year old in a brightly colored shirt is going to have to spend all day smiling and asking people not to pee on the Trump.

It's his likeness, he can do what he wants with it.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Koalas March posted:

This is the same megacorp that blacklisted a bunch of journalists over a bad review. They are bad and own everything. Nationalize Disney.

Close. They blacklisted the LA Times after they put out this report about Disney's massive sweetheart deals w/Anaheim that are definitely not in the city's best interest.:
http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-fi-disney-anaheim-deals/

I think the only reason Disney's see so highly is because nostalgia's a loving hell of a drug.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Ague Proof posted:

He's only wearing a diaper to satirize the libs.

Ah, the TPUSA strategy.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

The Phlegmatist posted:

Teva (for example) could probably make and sell generic dichlorphenamide for its original on-label use of glaucoma and just have providers rx it off label for periodic paralysis. But when we're talking about such rare conditions in the first place then there's probably not enough money to be made considering the legal risks.

I thought the issue with all these decades-old drugs is that even though it's off patent, if you want to produce it as a generic, you have to perform studies to prove to the FDA that it's biologically equivalent to what's already approved and in the market. Meanwhile the private equity group/pharma company has strict distribution controls to keep the existing medication out of the hands of anyone who might want to gain access to it for performing those studies.

The common thread I've seen from reading up on these sorts of drugs, Keveyis/dichlorphenamide included, is that you don't just get the stuff at CVS with a script from your doctor. The pharma company has their own distribution channel you and your doctor deal with, so that they can keep it locked down.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Gaunab posted:

No lie, if there was a way to hurl a partially-melted ice cream cone at it through the internet, I would have done so three times already.

I like that they​ captured the absurd length of his tie.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:stonk:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Missing from Robo-Trump: Depends underwear. Also missing: being completely covered in black paint.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

kitten smoothie posted:

I thought the issue with all these decades-old drugs is that even though it's off patent, if you want to produce it as a generic, you have to perform studies to prove to the FDA that it's biologically equivalent to what's already approved and in the market. Meanwhile the private equity group/pharma company has strict distribution controls to keep the existing medication out of the hands of anyone who might want to gain access to it for performing those studies.

The common thread I've seen from reading up on these sorts of drugs, Keveyis/dichlorphenamide included, is that you don't just get the stuff at CVS with a script from your doctor. The pharma company has their own distribution channel you and your doctor deal with, so that they can keep it locked down.

You can get the patent renewed by finding a new use for the drug or by combining it with an existing drug.

Even when something is a generic it has to be produced at an FDA licensed facility for health and safety reasons. The cost of this licensing is not cheap and licensing is per drug (I believe). This prevents generic manufacturers from switching production when someone else jacks the price up creating an artificial barrier to entry.

The current FDA licensing system for generic manufacturing and the drug patent system need ground up rewrites to unfuck them.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

bill clinton i guess? that face is hosed up.

also that trump needs to have about 3 tires wrapped around its waist then be re-suited

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Gerald Ford looks like a ghoul standing in the back there. I'm assuming that's Nixon to the right?

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003
If you have health insurance and pick up your prescription at a pharmacy then there are at least five different entities involved in pricing. It's pretty hosed up.

Xae posted:

The current FDA licensing system for generic manufacturing and the drug patent system need ground up rewrites to unfuck them.

The GOP is currently trying to do this because they've accidentally stumbled onto something useful. Bio-equivalence testing is ridiculously expensive.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Kelsey Grammer is a president?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Trumpbot immersion ruined; animatronic version is not wearing black trousers with a dark blue jacket.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
How many water purifiers could we have manufactured and distributed to needy third world villages for the price of one TrumpBot?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Trump is set to blame North Korea for the WannaCry cyber attack

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/365529-us-to-announce-north-korea-behind-wannacry-cyber-attack

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Which he just made nuke-worthy?

ex post facto law doesn't apply to foreign nations does it?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

RevKrule posted:

Close. They blacklisted the LA Times after they put out this report about Disney's massive sweetheart deals w/Anaheim that are definitely not in the city's best interest.:
http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-fi-disney-anaheim-deals/

I think the only reason Disney's see so highly is because nostalgia's a loving hell of a drug.

Ah my bad. They blacklisted a bunch of journalists (from the LA Times) all because of an unfavorable article. But yeah, gently caress Disney.

My grandmother is literally taking money out of her retirement fund or some poo poo so we can go stay at the Animal Kingdom and go to Disneyworld next year one more time just in case her cancer comes back. (We used to go a lot when I was a kid and she had a little more money) I love Epcot and the Animal Kingdom. I'm excited. I love Disney. But still, it's evil lmao

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Space Laser's almost fully armed.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Nevvy Z posted:

Which he just made nuke-worthy?

ex post facto law doesn't apply to foreign nations does it?

They aren't going to nuke North Korea over this

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Gaunab posted:

Only for the next seven years, then people will probably forget pretty quick.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Space Laser's almost fully armed.

Kim also already killed his uncle. We're ready for a real life re-enactment of Die Another Day.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Willo567 posted:

They aren't going to nuke North Korea over this

The ultimate distraction

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

kitten smoothie posted:

That's a different scam. These particular vultures abuse a program that is intended to help companies recoup those costs for taking on "orphan drugs" where there is a small population absolutely dependent upon the drug but the previous manufacturer doesn't want to make it anymore. In exchange for going through the trouble of starting production of such a small market yet very important drug the company gets 7 years of exclusive manufacturing rights.

The idea was always that prices would rise, but the expectation was that they would double or maybe possibly triple to let the manufacturer make bake their initial costs. At its heart it is a good idea - double price is better than no medication at all - but badly needs hard price controls.

What you are thinking of is what scummy companies who can't abuse that program do. You however missed a key twist - even if they could get their hands on enough for the comparison studies, nobody wants to start making a competing generic in the first place. They know the vulture company has already more than paid off their initial purchase and will absolutely win a price war slashing the price down to their marginal cost of manufacturing. In that case suddenly the new entrant has zero chance of recouping initial costs to set up manufacturing and pretty much will be forced to either abandon the drug to make something else or keep making the drug out of spite to prevent the vultures from raising prices.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It's kind of fascinating watching Willo essentially argue with himself over whether or not he thinks that this will cause North Korea to use nukes/get nuked.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Shifty Pony posted:

That's a different scam. These particular vultures abuse a program that is intended to help companies recoup those costs for taking on "orphan drugs" where there is a small population absolutely dependent upon the drug but the previous manufacturer doesn't want to make it anymore. In exchange for going through the trouble of starting production of such a small market yet very important drug the company gets 7 years of exclusive manufacturing rights.

The idea was always that prices would rise, but the expectation was that they would double or maybe possibly triple to let the manufacturer make bake their initial costs. At its heart it is a good idea - double price is better than no medication at all - but badly needs hard price controls.

What you are thinking of is what scummy companies who can't abuse that program do. You however missed a key twist - even if they could get their hands on enough for the comparison studies, nobody wants to start making a competing generic in the first place. They know the vulture company has already more than paid off their initial purchase and will absolutely win a price war slashing the price down to their marginal cost of manufacturing. In that case suddenly the new entrant has zero chance of recouping initial costs to set up manufacturing and pretty much will be forced to either abandon the drug to make something else or keep making the drug out of spite to prevent the vultures from raising prices.

Speaking as a Type 1 Diabetic who has seen his access to insulin wildly decline in the past ten years, the first people to be dragged out of their homes and guillotined in the street should be pharma execs. Followed by their enablers in congress.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Shifty Pony posted:

So if someone started production today, that period of exclusivity and Donald John Trump's leadership of the free world would end at about the same time?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
That Trump animatronic is scarier then a freakin’ pizza flinging fazbear :stonk:

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Petr posted:

So if someone started production today, that period of exclusivity and Donald John Trump's leadership of the free world would end at about the same time?
Right around the time you gave up this dumb gimmick.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Glad they used Trump from 20 years ago so as not frighten the children.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Kilroy posted:

Right around the time you gave up this dumb gimmick.

You are the LAST person who can talk poo poo about anyone elses stupid gimmick.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
LOL I'm just kidding, guys. Trump isn't leaving in 2024.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Glad they used Trump from 20 years ago so as not frighten the children.

I think 20 years ago would have been when he was in the midst of his pedophilia.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/agent_orangutan/status/942907540890845186

I could have guessed this language would be in there since it’s what I expect in any employer provided email system, but it’s fun seeing it.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Petr posted:

LOL I'm just kidding, guys. Trump isn't leaving in 2024.

Well sure, the inauguration would be in 2025 :v:

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Fulchrum posted:

You are the LAST person who can talk poo poo about anyone elses stupid gimmick.
:ironicat:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

DrNutt posted:

Speaking as a Type 1 Diabetic who has seen his access to insulin wildly decline in the past ten years, the first people to be dragged out of their homes and guillotined in the street should be pharma execs. Followed by their enablers in congress.

Just this past summer we started getting Americans coming in to buy insulin from my pharmacy. In Ontario you dont need a prescription for insulin and theres no tax on diabetic supplies so it ends up being ludicrously cheap after the exchange rate is factored in.

Its terrifying that people need to take those kinds of measures just to survive in America. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Furnaceface posted:

Just this past summer we started getting Americans coming in to buy insulin from my pharmacy. In Ontario you dont need a prescription for insulin and theres no tax on diabetic supplies so it ends up being ludicrously cheap after the exchange rate is factored in.

Its terrifying that people need to take those kinds of measures just to survive in America. :smith:

It's been posted in this thread before, but there's a piece on Alex Azar that talks about a dude that died from complications from diabetes after his gofundme for insulin came up 50 dollars short. This poo poo is insane and infuriating on so many levels.

• Locked thread