Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

...what the gently caress, McGovern?! I mean, gun control clearly was not a liberal litmus test in 1968 but I have a relatively positive opinion of ol' Acid, Amnesty, and Abortion and this surprises me.

(I'm taking that one back from Nixon because gently caress Nixon)

How did Al Gore lose TN, his home state, in 2000?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

AGC.

Don't even have to try here.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Ramos posted:

AGC.

Don't even have to try here.

Is this one that we know should mean the opposite because of who wrote it?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I refuse to accept any conclusions that Mueller makes – except those that may exonerate Donald Trump – because I wholeheartedly support Donald Trump, despite previously feigning the opposite.

Copy and paste, conservative cartoonists, it'll save you some time.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Jedit posted:

That "odd mix" is almost certainly down to Catalino directly plagiarising other cartoonists. Unless I'm very much mistaken, that Trump head is by Delonas.

Yeah, unless it's changed recently Catalino's "style" consists of smashing stuff together in Photoshop and then using skew/distort to make them roughly the same size.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Bombadilillo posted:

Is this one that we know should mean the opposite because of who wrote it?

Before nov 8 2016 Stiglich constantly drew Trump as a clown. Afterwards, he immediately fell in line and has been relentlessly fellating him in every way possible. In short: yes.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Are they supposed to be crawling on their hands and knees, or dragging their legs like a dog with a hosed up pelvis?

When the going gets tough, the tough draw Wormbama.

Ted Rall take note: When you can't draw something, try copy-pasting.

4 :lol:

Mike Flugennock posted:

In light of how many abysmal government decisions have been shoved through lately despite massive protests — the tax bill, net neutrality repeal, the Keystone Pipeline, the Dakota Access Pipeline, among others — it should be plenty obvious to any Left activist in this country that tired old tactics like petitions, calling up politicians and sign-waving aren’t cutting it anymore (as if they ever did).

And when politicians have gotten to the point where they feel they can openly mock and taunt citizens in public media, it can’t be any more obvious that it’s time for the U.S. Left to up their game and escalate to more revolutionary tactics — the tactics of real resistance: delay, subvert, sabotage.

It’s time for the U.S. Left to stop pretending it can win these struggles by waving signs, dropping banners and beseeching politicians, stop wasting time participating in the meaningless processes of decrepit institutions that don’t serve the People, and start gearing up to fight a real war of revolution.

Delay, subvert, sabotage.

You guys need to start breaking poo poo. I'll just be over here, supervising.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

This is the funniest comic Branco will ever make, he should just hang em up right now

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Sandpuppy posted:

When the going gets tough, the tough draw Wormbama.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/10/debunked-irs-scandal-shows-theres-no-sane-wing-of-the-gop.html

quote:

Subsequent hearings turned up no evidence Obama had ordered the IRS to target conservatives because the IRS did not in fact target conservatives. The fact some conservatives had a hard time dealing with the IRS did not prove the IRS is targeting conservatives any more than some conservatives having a hard time renewing their driver’s licenses would prove the DMV is targeting conservatives.

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 18, 2017

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sandpuppy posted:

You guys need to start breaking poo poo. I'll just be over here, supervising.

Might As Well Not Make Any Cartoons Ever Then, Agree Posters

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LOL at Ramriez just tossing out a thoroughly discredited "scandal" and Wormbama in the year 2017.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

This is up there with "Santa/Robin Hood as bad guy," "gun control as gun," and "no puppet no puppet, you're the puppet."

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

”...but the future refused to change.” :smith:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Calling Schumer and the Dems "Scrooges" because they're against a tax plan that lavishes gifts to the richest 1%. Talk about a bungled metaphor. Varvel is dumber than a bag of rocks.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I think the metaphor is exactly as Varvel intended it, which is to be bullshit for wingnut partisans to use as an "argument."

Eh, maybe he's also stupid. The eternal question.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Pants Donkey posted:

Nothing says "amazing artist that captures 80s New York" than one who simply pastes in a photo of the city as a background. Although when you draw like Rall I guess any artist is a step up.

Speaking of his art.

Only decades of experience can give you such mastery of human anatomy.

Jesus, I'm not unaccustomed to the atrocity that is his mastery of the human form, but does he literally have brain damage? This panel is above and beyond.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

They hate the obvious anti-greed/wealthy/austerity message that the story presents so they just reject it and pretend its about something else entirley. Pretty much the same way they reject the rest of observable reality and substitute their own delusions when they find it inconvienent. It just looks particularly dumb to anyone not in the bubble.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Triskelli posted:

CHrist, do people on the internet not have any way to depict a loving battle outside of Dragonball?

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Fulchrum posted:

CHrist, do people on the internet not have any way to depict a loving battle outside of Dragonball?

Ludicrously oversized explosions are still funny. :colbert:

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Austin S posted:

Since the start of this year, you have improved tremendously in regards to avoiding the posting of cartoons that were previously posted by others.
However, your last two posts have included this cartoon three times.
Is there something you're trying to tell us? Incisive meta-commentary? A coded warning from the future, perhaps?

Nothing as lofty as that; just a stupid mistake for which I apologize to the thread.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mediadave posted:

yes Zelda, biodynamic quinoa, ecological halloumi, vegetables that are specifically locally grown, raw chickpeas, pickled red beet noodles, corriander that is specifically homegrown and sourdough ciabatta and walnut pesto, and chia seeds, is the only way to make a salad. A lovely, lovely straw salad.

Also, unlike in reality, salads are the only commonplace fully vegan/vegetarian dishes in Norway.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Boy that Mueller probe sure is a mess! What a mess!

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Pants Donkey posted:

Nothing says "amazing artist that captures 80s New York" than one who simply pastes in a photo of the city as a background. Although when you draw like Rall I guess any artist is a step up.

Speaking of his art.

Only decades of experience can give you such mastery of human anatomy.

I know everyone has commented on his art, but his “If the Democrats aren’t self-immolating first in protest, they’re capitulating!” schtick is so loving tiring.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

And in what I'm sure is a purely unintended side effect, the IRS is having an even harder time tracking the laundering of dark money via charities thanks to this!

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

hell yea

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

Sandpuppy posted:

Are they supposed to be crawling on their hands and knees, or dragging their legs like a dog with a hosed up pelvis?

Both, lefty is paralyzed from the waist down and righty is on knees. Need species tags though since they are clearly not apes of any kind.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Democrazy posted:

I know everyone has commented on his art, but his “If the Democrats aren’t self-immolating first in protest, they’re capitulating!” schtick is so loving tiring.

But you see, the Democrats are just as supporting of...

Oh, right.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Democrazy posted:

schtick is so loving tiring.

Rall in a nutshell

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

intelligence...of-the-gop.html

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Ted Rall literally works for Sputnik News.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Donald Trump's performance as US president – Donald Trump defended the Republican tax cut as a good deal for the middle class and suggested – boldly – that it could lead to explosive economic growth, making the US economy ‘rock’"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

May tells 'Brexit war cabinet' UK must aim high in trade talks

Evening Standard:

UK cannot have a special deal for the City, says EU's Brexit negotiator

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Triskelli posted:

I mean yes, the planet is probably going to still be here after the year's out, I'll give you that much

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

But you see, the Democrats are just as supporting of...

Oh, right.

Who was the one non-shithead GOP?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Jedit posted:

"Liddle" Bob Corker

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So can Brexit be cancelled, or is the UK just turbofucked?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Angepain posted:

I mean yes, the planet is probably going to still be here after the year's out, I'll give you that much

But how will it handle the next threat!?

https://twitter.com/shenanigansen/status/942907207221497856

Tune in next time on [To Be Continued...>

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Jedit posted:

Corker, who has now said he will vote for the final bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Pants Donkey posted:

So can Brexit be cancelled, or is the UK just turbofucked?

It can, but it's hard to picture a government which wanted to do it, and could survive the backlash of defying the original referendum's results.

• Locked thread