Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

odiv posted:

because who gives a gently caress about the Territories?

I do!!! Good friends is from Iqaluit, sounds like an interesting place to live :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
My bestie is living in northern nunavut this year, so I care about it far more than say, that backwater province british columbia.

Currently on hour two on hold with koodo. Their playlist is not long at all :|

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Something was obviously wrong with the Virgin playlist because it was super quiet. Like I could only hear it if I put the speaker right up to my ear when it was on speakerphone. The occasional interruption from the overly familiar lady was at a normal volume, but after about 15 minutes she stopped apologizing for the delay and trying to tell me about stuff so I became paranoid that I had been disconnected and kept checking to make sure I could make out the faint music.

And yes, we all care about the Territories very much. But as far as business and politics go we're usually an afterthought.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Just got it done. Poor phone people, I was chatting up my dude while he swapped my services and he told me he's got 500 people, that moment, on hold waiting for him.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

My girlfriend's father used to work for Bell so she just got on it today with a 35% employee discount.

I am jealous.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Is Telus offering this deal too?

I'm on an SK plan (that they were nice enough to let me keep when I moved to BC) but I'd save 5 bucks and get more data...I'm hemming and hawing over enduring calling Telus about this...

EDIT: Definitely can't self-serve it. :(

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Dec 19, 2017

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

If you call koodo rn it straight up tells you it can't take the call and hangs up. Nice.

Anyone have any luck early in the morning or something?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Keep dialling you will get past that eventually. The system may also hang up on you once you're in. Keep trying. As I said they have a ridiculous call volume even in the middle of a Monday work day.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Rogers broke my will to live just trying to be their customer, can't imagine trying to plead for that deal now.

Plus I won't be in Canada in two years, thank jeebus.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
You could go to France and get a cheaper plan used entirely on international roaming once you're back in Canada.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Anyone had luck getting in contact with Bell? Wife has been on hold with 611 for 2 hours now and not sure if they're even still operating at this hour.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Friend of mine who is a store manager for Fido just sent me pictures of the line up at her tiny store in the mall. You'd think there was a new iPhone being launched holy poo poo

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Sounds like my PM referrals are disappearing :v:

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Yeah. I only saw this morning everyone posting on social media about this deal. This final day is going to be a nightmare for everyone in telecom :lol:

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Still feel like my 12Gb over 3 month deal is a winner so I'm gonna leave it alone

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

w00tmonger posted:

Still feel like my 12Gb over 3 month deal is a winner so I'm gonna leave it alone

Same. There have been times where I logged into my account and was like "ok I definitely used something like 4 gigs this month" but nope. Haven't even come close. I won't be needing 10 gigs any time soon.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I was bumping up against my 3gb cap to the point I had to restrict my usage for the last week or two fairly frequently. But I wont get anywhere close to 10gb.

5-6 a month would have likely been more than sufficient but the peace of mind to not even think about it is valuable and its future proofing. Lets me do stuff like play that HQ trivia app or download podcasts on the fly without worry.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I think PM uses some serious compression on their data because I feel like I use far more than it shows.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I started to tether my phone to my laptop a lot on commutes and at cafes (too lazy to ask for the password and leery of using public hotspots). I end up getting really close to my 5 GB cap. I also stream music and movies from my plex server at home.

10 GB is peace of mind.

vesper
Jun 24, 2006

Ooooh, shiiiiiiny.
"be with you shortly" they said.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Called two dozen times today from the minute they opened till now. Only ever been greeting with a "sorry, we're busy" and a hangup.

This blows. loving Canada telecom is poo poo rear end brutal.

E: okay, got it. If you go to account info in French and intentionally gently caress up your pin and have to talk to an operator they'll get through in like 20 mins. And p sure all French CSRs are bilingual, so no worries to you monoglots.

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 20, 2017

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

JoelJoel posted:

Called two dozen times today from the minute they opened till now. Only ever been greeting with a "sorry, we're busy" and a hangup.

This blows. loving Canada telecom is poo poo rear end brutal.

E: okay, got it. If you go to account info in French and intentionally gently caress up your pin and have to talk to an operator they'll get through in like 20 mins. And p sure all French CSRs are bilingual, so no worries to you monoglots.

Haha, the promos aren't available in Quebec. Good bypass!

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
I was on hold for 4 hours, 36 minutes with Rogers starting at about 11 this morning. Got disconnected at that 4hr36m mark. Drove home, haven't been able to get through at all. Apparently the automated system is down, of course.

And it all ends at midnight.

RIP

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Try the online support chat with Rogers

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
That's been broken all day long, it has always come up as being "unavailable." I got throughon the phone and am waiting in queue, currently 1hr 18 mins. Total time 5 hours 54 minutes including today's earlier attempt.

drat good thing there's absolutely nothing going on this week at work, everybody is mentally checked out and doing the same thing as I am.

VERTiG0 fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Dec 20, 2017

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/12/20/blackberry-reports-net-income-loss-275-million-q3-2018/

quote:

Canadian software company BlackBerry reported a net loss of $275 million USD (roughly $353 million CAD) during its third quarter for 2018.

Additionally, the company reported an operating loss of $258 million USD.

quote:

The validation we have received, from partners, customers and industry experts around the world, speaks for itself, said Chen.

:lol:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Good lord, just shut it down already. National embarrassment at this point.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Koodo is sending these out today

Koodo Text posted:

Koodo: 3 quick questions about your recent call will help your service! Please rate the performance of Karim, the call centre rep who assisted you? Reply 1-5
1= Poor
2= Fair
3= Good
4= Very good
5= Excellent

I opted for the write-in candidate "gently caress off "

E: Actually, Karim was p chill and seemed like he had a bad day. Still, gently caress all Canadian telecom forever.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Anyone who calls customer service gets that. Chill.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

You, uh, know what's been going on the past couple days, right?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
I mean, it's hardly Karim the CSR's fault that his employer (or more likely his employer's client, I don't remember which providers have outsourced call centres) utterly failed to anticipate demand and bring in extra staff.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

JoelJoel posted:

Koodo is sending these out today

I opted for the write-in candidate "gently caress off "

E: Actually, Karim was p chill and seemed like he had a bad day. Still, gently caress all Canadian telecom forever.

"A saint for putting up with unreasonable demands of his lovely employer, who should be nationalized as a public utility,"

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Dec 21, 2017

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

The CSR I spoke to was absolutely fantastic and did everything I asked and more so I had absolutely no problem giving him top scores.

Don't be dicks, call centre employees live and die by these dumb analytics. Unless the rep actually hosed something up, no reason not to be kind.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

I mean these guys just had the weekend from hell because their product managers jerked off into a cup together to decide a promotion but yeah be a loving rear end in a top hat to your csr.

Canadian telecom thread goons are such shitheads.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

so I called google to see if they'd bump my $50 discount on my pixel 2 up to the $100 discount they have now and i basically have to return it and buy a new one. dude was nice and helped me with the return but it seems so wasteful. on the bright side, he told me that i could keep the home mini lol.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Acer Pilot posted:

so I called google to see if they'd bump my $50 discount on my pixel 2 up to the $100 discount they have now and i basically have to return it and buy a new one. dude was nice and helped me with the return but it seems so wasteful. on the bright side, he told me that i could keep the home mini lol.

They wouldn't even let me order a free home mini until 30 days had passed from my pixel purchase.

Now I have three in my tiny one bedroom apartment thanks to getting another one free with my smartwatch. Yay.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

If anyone else is a bottom-feeding Chatr Wireless prepaid customer like me there is apparently this deal just for the likes of us (and Fido Prepaid as well):

quote:

- $20 No Data UNL Canada wide talk and text
- $40 4gb UNL Canada wide talk and text
- $50 6gb UNL Canada wide talk and text
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/rogers-20-0gb-40-4gb-50-6gb-unl-canada-targetted-2154536/
The offer allegedly expires on Dec 31st. True to my bottom-feeding status I'm going to try and get that $40 plan and weasel out of paying for a sim and the account activation fee.

You broke my heart Public Mobile, with your total absence of end of year deals.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I have a 1st gen Moto G that is a workhorse and served me well, but I think I might be looking for something new. Any decent deals for unlocked phones floating around right now? Doesn't have to be uber high end obviously, just a decent phone with a decent camera, SD storage and loaded with as little bloat as possible.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

shadow puppet of a posted:

You broke my heart Public Mobile, with your total absence of end of year deals.

True to being a cartel, each corporation has to be allowed its turn to excite consumers, so now it's Bell and Rogers' chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

On the extreme opposite side of the spectrum, are there any decent-to-okay smart phones available for 200 and under? My wife needs one after her the screen on her LG G2 died. Something with a comparable camera and battery are the only real must-haves. Something that isn't prone to screen failure or batteries that explode is also desirable :v: