Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

TOOT BOOT posted:

How do I farm behavior score back up to normal levels because I hit C
I recommend not acting like a histrionic retard despite being 43 or however old you are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

if you mute everyone and never speak your behavior score should get better

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Radical posted:

if you mute everyone and never speak your behavior score should get better

Goons can't stop talking poo poo even when they don't play the game anymore. Imagine the poo poo they talk while playing the game!

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

jBrereton posted:

I recommend not acting like a histrionic retard despite being 43 or however old you are

Chill out friend, want some grapes?

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Stop flaming, seems pretty easy to me.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Talking poo poo to retarded slavic and latino teens is my right as a strong American man.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

strong bird posted:

Talking poo poo to retarded slavic and latino teens is my right as a strong American man.

talk poo poo get hit (with an F grade on your report card)

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
after two losing games of turbo I'm ready to quit dota again.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
six crates zero puck sets. 98% ree

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

i feel like i can't not post this

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i'd rather see the goon who shot his leg off learn to be a sprinter or something inspiring idk.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Ambivalent posted:

I'm pretty sure this can be classified as a cry for help

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Craig K posted:

six crates zero puck sets. 98% ree

I bought three and didn't get arc warden like I wanted. I wish there wasn't twenty loving poo poo sets in the crate.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'd trade you my Arc Warden one but I assume without looking that there is no way to do so

e: Apparently I can after the new year so if you remember this send me a pm

GOOD TIMES ON METH fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 19, 2017

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

If I haven’t played since before pit lord came out what do I need to know to get back into things

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

If I haven’t played since before pit lord came out what do I need to know to get back into things

Don’t play Dota. If you have to play Dota, at least read the 7.00 patch notes for the major changes. It’s mostly been refinement and balance since then.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Muting people the second they say something even vaguely negative has made gameplay 10% more enjoyable

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Ambivalent posted:

would still pick him over the average russian melee carry player

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

play dota, thread is stupid af as usual

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

https://twitter.com/wykrhm/status/943222315218636800

Patch :toot:
Mostly nerfs.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
I'm surprised that given all the techies mine nerfs from the past year or so that icefraud hasn't buffed his awful attack speed, animation, or damage.

It takes like 5 seconds to get a mine to go off after being freshly put down and it takes long enough to go off when someone's in range of it that almost everyone is able to pop them for free gold.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Dying as the goblinid techies should kick you from the game for the duration of the death timer

edit: I mean it should close the game client as well

e2: And log you out of steam

e3: And also it should send you a text with a 20 character code you need to input (case sensitive) before you can re-enter the game

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
some real good poo poo in here

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

taught me that zombies are immune to fish songs, very informative click

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

lol thanks for this

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Neurolimal posted:

taught me that zombies are immune to fish songs, very informative click

Zombies can't hear, duh.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Thanks for watching!
2017 was a good year for wangsBig, wasn't it? Thanks for being a part of the community for 37 months! Share this page to help wangsBig grow.

Im glad i could help wang big grow for 3 years.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I played a ranked game and lost and at the end got promoted to a level like 1000 MMR higher than what I was because of a bug or something. I am still queuing at the same MMR but now I have some sick rear end medal. Thanks for reading my story.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I get basher on Lina because I am cool

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I'd trade you my Arc Warden one but I assume without looking that there is no way to do so

e: Apparently I can after the new year so if you remember this send me a pm

will do, friend

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I played a ranked game and lost and at the end got promoted to a level like 1000 MMR higher than what I was because of a bug or something. I am still queuing at the same MMR but now I have some sick rear end medal. Thanks for reading my story.

My solo MMR came out over 1200 ahead of my party MMR. In conclusion, I'm a bad teammate.

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything
How do you even check your solo mmr now? I just got back into this dumb game after a year and I and I am apparently legendary, which I do not believe is a number

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I always knew the silver surfer was a newb, thanks riot for confirming it

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Angrymantium posted:

How do you even check your solo mmr now? I just got back into this dumb game after a year and I and I am apparently legendary, which I do not believe is a number

click on your profile then click on the stats tab

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

I've been trying to play Spirit Breaker lately. He's really fun in the early and mid game when there are plenty of ganking opportunities, but late game I feel useless with him. How can I keep contributing once the game starts to revolve around 5 on 5 team fights?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

Yoshi Wins posted:

I've been trying to play Spirit Breaker lately. He's really fun in the early and mid game when there are plenty of ganking opportunities, but late game I feel useless with him. How can I keep contributing once the game starts to revolve around 5 on 5 team fights?

have items, try to charge through multiple people. i think you have to stop being a initiator and start being a counter initiator

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Hey thanks for the reply. I have a few questions.

Should I start farming at some point? I usually don't farm much with SB in the early or mid game, but late game items are pretty expensive. I don't really know how to farm efficiently as SB. Should I be clearing creep waves or does he farm more as a jungler?

When you say to be a counter initiator, does that mean I wait until the fight actually starts and then pick my target? And then I guess I want to go for more fragile crowd control heroes, like Lion?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

it depends entirely on the situation. generally you get items by slaying people on that hero tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Here are some items that will literally always be useful for your team if you are feeling lost and confused as a pos 4 later on

- The orchid's malevolence deployed on p much anyone. Can break linkens so you can nether strike/charge.
- Necro 3 for deward + hit
- Helm of the Dominator w/ pretty much any creep but esp alpha wolf
- Lotus Orb normally. Always useful armour at least.