Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Take that back about their beautiful raccoon son!

First Appearance
Marvel Preview #7 (1976)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Greetings, natives of the Will Smash Universe, I have unknowingly traveled to your world from my homeland of Universe Prime, which you might call "the Smash Universe."

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I went back to be sure, because I have the proportional memory of a spider: last Sunday strip the gang was being menaced by an alligator, and in this one the alligator is nowhere to be seen, no one mentions it, and the Hulk is here.

I think it was up to the weekday artist to decide how to get rid of the gator. By their will we received the "RRONGK?!"

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Batman's Shameful Secret › Newspaper Spider-Man: "RRONGK?!"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Newspaper Spider-Man: "Peter-NOOO"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I love Peter's logic here.

Step A: Tear my shirt open as the Hulk charges at me
Step B: Wait, the Hulk recognized my uniform! No time to change!
Step C: My so-called secret identity!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

rrongk again, parker

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

This is incredibly stupid even for Newspaper Spider-man.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

RIP Peter Parker. So this is how they introduce Miles Morales I guess.

Edit: Also I hope when Hulk throws Peter across the state line, he goes with a,"RETEP?"

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

When the Hulk throws Peter into space, shirt torn apart, costume exposed, and he's blasting away à la Team Rocket, Peter will come to a sudden realization, a shiver in his spine, and he will cry: "noooo, my so-called secret identity!"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

The lack of an exclamation point leads me to read MJ as saying that really sarcastically and deadpan. "Peter-nooo" :geno:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Peter really does have brain damage. No joke.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It also looks like MJ is cuddling with doc Connors...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Elfface posted:

Don't worry, he's 'armless.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I can't wait for something to jump out and save Peter.

Jerusalem posted:

Don't worry, he's 'armless.

Eyyyyyyyyy

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I love that Peter is a literal genius and he can't even outwit The Hulk, WHO WAS ALREADY OUTWITTED. He just goes right to 'ok guess it's time to go toe to toe with the strongest thing on earth!'

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Elfface posted:

Well she cant mourn Peter's (impending) death forever. Shes just moving on to a new moronic genius.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

I love that Peter is a literal genius and he can't even outwit The Hulk, WHO WAS ALREADY OUTWITTED. He just goes right to 'ok guess it's time to go toe to toe with the strongest thing on earth!'
Who is keeping tally of Peter's incredible moments? This one belongs with him taking on the Spider. I know he had several in the Mole Man arc, but I can't recall specifics nor any from the Rocket arc.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

sexpig by night posted:

Pete was a genius before all those bricks
now he can't outwit a pre-outwitted hulk

Bricks
not even once

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Maybe if the Hulk punches Peter in the face hard enough, it'll unbreak everting everything years of bricks have broken?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

mind the walrus posted:

Who is keeping tally of Peter's incredible moments? This one belongs with him taking on the Spider. I know he had several in the Mole Man arc, but I can't recall specifics nor any from the Rocket arc.

I'm very fond of this one

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Push El Burrito posted:

I can't wait for something to jump out and save Peter.

I might lose it if someone pops out of nowhere to save Peter from the guy who popped out of nowhere to save MJ.

And I hope it's Thor.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Maybe now we get man-thing in a big body battle with Brucie B.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Saoshyant posted:

When the Hulk throws Peter into space, shirt torn apart, costume exposed, and he's blasting away à la Team Rocket, Peter will come to a sudden realization, a shiver in his spine, and he will cry: "noooo, my so-called secret identity!"
He could have survived if only he had a small air pocket inside his mask, but he did not stop to put it on :rip:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

NSM: "Just kill me already"

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
What is even happening in panel 2? Did he jump face first into the Hulk?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Samuringa posted:

he jump face first into the Hulk

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Elfface posted:

Damnit Peter... all you had to do was say "He's thatta way." and your Hulk problem would be over.

ah, i see what your problem is. you are expecting nsm to outwit someone. peter's lucky that he remembered he is spiderman this time, since he forgets sometimes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gimme the GOD drat candy ain't joking, a regular recurring thing in these strips is Peter having to take his clothes off in public (:heysexy:) and then suddenly remembering he is Spider-Man and he's going to get found out.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

gimme the GOD drat candy ain't joking, a regular recurring thing in these strips is Peter having to take his clothes off in public (:heysexy:) and then suddenly remembering he is Spider-Man and he's going to get found out.

Except the one time he's in the middle of the desert and he's not wearing anything underneath.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Goddamn do I love Newspaper Spider-Man so much, the unbelievable idiot :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Synthbuttrange posted:

NSM: "Just kill me already"

God. Not only does he go face-first into THE HULK, but he goes face-first into his fist. He's got his left fist forward in the first panel, you can't see him in the second, the only way that works is if Peter used the proportional strength of a spider to leap forward and wack the Hulk's fist, mid-punch, with his own neck. His head should've flown by to India and his torso should have turned into an explosion of organs.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Maybe Peter got taught kung fu by Shang-Chi like he did in 616.

Except in the newspaperverse, Shang-Chi deliberately trained him wrong...as a joke.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
To be fair, this Hulk seems stupid enough that "I am bleeding- making me the victor!" might actually work.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
It's ok: Peter is safe due to Hulk being stuck in a time loop where he only perceives the future tense, unable to act in the present.

Pete will still lose. :downs:

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

You guys mock him but running headfirst into Hulk's fist actually hurts a lot less than letting the Hulk punch you. Peter is playing 4-dimensional chess in this fight.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
X-post from Gif Thread

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Wanna read a comic about all this wildlife that keeps landing on Jersey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whScRekesJ4

• Locked thread